Kath

British Royals

Honestly? I don't think losing "youth ambassador" will decrease their earning potential. I think emotionally/personally, losing the military roles was probably worst for Harry. But I also think they understood if they really wanted to step back, it was going to have to be all or nothing and they were willing to accept that. In my crystal ball....I see them returning when Archie (and any other kids) are much older (boarding school age?) and/or Will ascends to the throne. Unless Will doesn't become King until his kids are in their 20s, I think Will & Kate would like to protect them more and would want other family members to take on a heavier load in their place. Just my totally non-royal non-british opinions ?

I TOTALLY believe the Queen and all the smarmy courtiers wanted the focus on Harry & Megan to keep press off icky awful Andy.

6 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

It was the top story on the main evening news last night. 

colour me not surprised by his refusal to cooperate! Spineless man.

I’m glad to hear it. I’ve been surprised by what does and doesn’t receive coverage regarding the royal family in the British press. I trust them much more than our press in the coverage of many American political issues, particularly those having to do with foreign affairs, though. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/28 **5**
The alliterate actress turned royal turned whatever it is she is now wants to drop her lawsuit, but the tabloid isn't letting her off the hook. They don't even care if they lose at this point. They want their days in court and the spectacle of the trial.

I had kind of a laugh at myself moment today. My son is away at college. He’s a freshman. My daughter posted the photo below to our family group chat. It’s from Drake and Josh, an old nickelodeon show if you don’t know that (it’s kind of the equivalent of “Newman” on Seinfeld). My son replied back “I don’t get it.” And I realized there are people in this world who have no idea what’s going on. I told him Harry and Meghan left the royal family and he was astounded. He just kept saying “You can do that? How did that even happen? How does that even work?” I don’t know Kid, I don’t know.

81BDD57E-0CDF-40A7-BC9F-9028D41E9BE2.jpeg

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2020 at 8:48 PM, witchkitten said:

I’m glad to hear it. I’ve been surprised by what does and doesn’t receive coverage regarding the royal family in the British press. I trust them much more than our press in the coverage of many American political issues, particularly those having to do with foreign affairs, though. 

There have always been rules around what the press will Publish re the royals, although I think a lot are in the form of “gentlemen’s agreements”. Like not taking pap pictures to the same degree, after Diana died.

And I remember reading that when Edward VIII fell for Wallis, the UK press wasn’t publishing anything on it at all - not until he abdicated, basically. Whereas the overseas press were going for it.

i think a lot of the media is conservative and doesn’t really want to be seen to destabilise the royal institution, even now. They’re worker bees protecting their Queen. ?

• Like 1

But they're also racist worker bees - going after Meghan and Harry but ignoring Andrew and William potentially having an affair. I understand what you're getting at, but I think there's more at play....[as in - they'll go after royals that they've been told are "ok" to go after....]

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, princess said:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/30 **7**
This foreign born A+ list athlete in his sport which no one really watches except for rich people says the royal has attempted suicide more than once.

So are we thinking  Andrew or Harry for this? 

2 hours ago, branchop said:

So are we thinking  Andrew or Harry for this? 

Harry. I’m going Nacho the polo player as the athlete. He’s been running his mouth about Harry a lot recently. Also would help explain how quickly the royals bent over backwards to make it all work out. If they really are worried about his mental health, they would probably be very willing to go the extra mile to accommodate him.

assuming it’s true...

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

But they're also racist worker bees - going after Meghan and Harry but ignoring Andrew and William potentially having an affair. I understand what you're getting at, but I think there's more at play....[as in - they'll go after royals that they've been told are "ok" to go after....]

I just typed a really long response to this which I lost and can’t be bothered retyping,  ? so to summarise in still lengthy but slightly shorter form:

• I fully agree aides will be encouraging the tabs to go after certain royals, but
  • i disagree that it’s solely down to racism alone, although I do believe and agree that is in play with H&M, because
  • since the 1980s i have watched the tabloids various rip royals to shreds then later turn them into saints like it never happened (I had typed numerous examples but Sophie is a prime example, she was even set up by the tabloids in a “fake sheik” sting at one point, and now she’s their darling because the queen favours her. And pre marriage both Kate and her family were often ridiculed (did you know her mum used to be an air hostess? Because that was in every daily hate story about Kate for years!). Our tabloids are AWFUL but they also know the royals won’t try to fight everything. 
  • So certainly i think it’s also about class, position and snobbery, (both Kate and Sophie, and indeed fergie, are perceived as “lower” class), and
  • I do think it’s ultimately about proximity to the crown - you become fairer game the further down the line if succession you go, or the further from the queens affections you fall, because you’re seen as less of a threat to the institution.
    The classism, the racism and all the other isms are the tools used to try to put people “in their place”. 

and I think it’s that threat point that is most interesting to me - the politics of the palace are being seen worldwide for possibly the first time, because the internet has made it easy to access news from elsewhere, and perhaps people outside the U.K. are more interested because there’s an American celeb (using this as a shortcut term, not to be disrespectful) involved.

So someone who is now sixth in line to the succession is no longer the minor royal, and throwing them under a bus to protect others isn’t as easy to do. Meanwhile Andrew, who is his mums favourite so would ordinarily be protected, can’t get away with it so easily because people know what’s happening through non-UK means. 

• Like 2

I agree with you Wordsworth! I remember the Kate  & Middleton stories (Sophie was really pre-internet so we didn't get quite as much of that over here, but I remember the Fergie stuff that made it into our tabloids!)  I'm sure there are ups & downs of who & when you can go after different people (heck, keeping track of that is probably what aides & the press probably do constantly!) The racism thing really stood out to me in the analysis of the tabloid stories about Kate & Meghan - same tabloids, same topics, TOTALLY different language between them. 

Andrew - they need to deal with that and I really hope the FBI & New York prosecutor's office keep up the heat!

And I think the Fakey blind is Nacho, talking about Harry. But suicide attempt? Maybe some over-drinking & drugs but concerted effort? Not sure....Doesn't really matter, really. If he needed to make a change for his family, for his mental health, whatever - I'm glad he's doing it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I despair at the absolute state of modern Britain that this is casting a light on; I was particularly grumpy yesterday because it was Brexit day. That’s also the outcome of racism and I’m pissed off. 

• Like 2

Nothing  to  do with  racism,   Megan is a very attractive lady ... lovely smile

their  wedding was a brilliant affair  seen  around the world.

time went on and in  may 2019  Megan gave birth to Archie....

Megan was living in england and  looking around at the  country and its  grey  ,  cool    depressing  weather

June was one of the wettest months on record,  Megan  could have had post natal  depression  back  then   ... made  much

worse by the depressing weather.   

She  thought back to the  blue skies and  sun  of   California  and  thought....  Im  outa  here

Watching the BAFTAS just now and Brad Pitt’s acceptance speech (delivered by Margot Robbie as he’s not there) finished on a joke about calling the award “Harry” as he’s “looking forward to bringing it back to the States.”

It got an audible “Oooh” and god bless the BBC for cutting to a shot of William and Kate, who are in attendance. She looked more amused than he did, let’s just say. It was hilarious.

Edited by Wordsworth
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I just watched Rebel Wilson's intro on Lainey's site - it was a good speech. Loved the last line ?

She was so good! 

• Like 2

couple-red-carpet-3.jpg

The Noisy Spotlight

February 5, 2020

[Blind Gossip] This couple claims to want a quiet, relaxing life.

However, they sure are holding an awful lot of meetings about things that would purposefully propel them into the noisy spotlight!

Here is just one example.

It’s been meeting after meeting. They are doing a lot of strategizing. One debate right now is whether or not they should go to The Academy Awards. They absolutely COULD go if they wanted to go, but there is some discussion about whether or not they SHOULD go.

Arguments for attending The Oscars include a worldwide audience… and an opportunity to engage with all the most important people in the industry.

You know that they would love that big audience! Our actress half of the couple has likely always dreamed of going to The Oscars. Since she is unlikely to get there based on her acting skills, this may be her big chance to go.

However, their appearance would grab the biggest headlines if it was a complete surprise. That means they would have to forego all those pre-event parties that are ideal for industry introductions and mingling.

Arguments against attending The Oscars include not having a specific project to promote or support… and the logistics of arranging everything at the last minute.

Without a nominated person or project to support, their appearance would be seen as purely self-promotional. That could spur more public criticism, as well as potentially irritate those nominees on whom the spotlight should be shining that evening.

Of course, the logistics would be challenging given the size of their security staff.

We do not know which way this will go.

She does have a dress ready, though!

Similar: Will Lie For Oscar

Couple:

[Optional] Should they go? What kind of life do you think they really want?

• Like 1

money-cash-millions-of-dollars.png

She Floated Her Buyout Number

February 14, 2020

[Blind Gossip] We have a fascinating story to tell you about a famous couple!

This actress has caused so much controversy – and caused so many disruptions to the family into which she married – that it is sometimes difficult to figure out exactly what kind of game she is playing.

Allow us to tell you about one game she played that was so public – yet so sneaky – that we all missed it!

There was actually a point at which his family could have made her “go away” by paying her off.

When was that? What was she looking for?

During the negotiations. She would have accepted a very large amount of cash to walk away.

Here’s what happened. She had her people pass along her number to several outsiders. They, in turn, publicly stated the number as the “value” that they put on her brand.

That was the amount of the buyout she was proposing!

That range was her ask. She would have liked the high end, but would have settled for the low end.

Why make that number so public? Why didn’t our actress just have her people negotiate directly with the family in private?

To have asked them for it directly – either verbally or in writing – would have presented serious legal issues. This way it looked like a simple and objective analysis done by outsiders.

Not to mention the fact that her husband would likely have discovered that she was willing to trade him for a very large, ransom-like payoff!

So the ask was made via some very public statements. How did his family react?

His family knew exactly what she was doing. They probably did debate the pros and cons of meeting her demands or making an alternative offer. However, in the end, they decided it was all so egregious that it was better to simply sever the relationship. They just hope that he will return someday.

Supposedly she was surprised that they did not make an offer, but not devastated.

While she did not get exactly what she was wanted – which was a quick buyout – she will now set out to “earn” that money alongside her hapless and naive husband.

Similar: Stockholm Boy

Couple:

Her Buyout Number:

[Optional] Should they have paid her? Where will all these players be in five years?