Kath

British Royals

Popbitch

Congratulations to the Queen for her sterling work on the Harvey Weinstein case; once again spotting a rampant sex offender way ahead of the authorities and giving him the tell-tale mark: "CBE".

Ouch.:blink:

• Like 1

briefcase-of-cash.png

Begging For A Big Briefcase Of Cash

February 27, 2020

[Blind Gossip] Here’s the problem with one celebrity insulting another: You never know when those insults are going to come back to haunt you!

This married TV actress has insulted a prominent politician more than once.

She called The Politician names and said she would never vote for him when he ran for office in Country 1.

She blew him off when she was supposed to attend a dinner in his honor that was hosted by her family in Country 2.

She said that she and her husband didn’t even want to live in the same country with Politician and would choose life in Country 3 instead.

She clearly despises Politician.

In fact, she actually seems to take pride in her vitriol towards him. She even flaunts her friendship with a rival of his who tried to take him down.

She always saw herself as being in a morally superior and more popular position to [Politician].

My, how quickly things can change!

Our actress behaved like a royal pain in the butt and quickly made herself rather unwelcome in both Country 2 and Country 3.

While her ego has now been knocked down a few pegs, her purse may suffer even more.

She may now have to bear the burden of millions of dollars of expenses that were formerly paid for by Country 2 and Country 3!

What’s a spoiled girl to do?

Go back to Country 1!

She does not want to pay that money herself and she feels like she should not have to pay the money herself. She feels like [Country 1] should be honored to have her back and should willingly pick up the tab.

The level of entitlement is simply staggering.

There’s a problem though.

Guess who is in charge of Country 1?

Why, the very Politician she insulted multiple times!

We are rather confident that her demands are going to be met with a wall of resistance.

If she really wants a big briefcase of money from Country 1, she is going to have to do something extreme.

She will have to go from insulting Politician to basically begging him for help.

And our Politician never forgets an insult!

This should be fun!

Similar: The Big Plan

I call B.S. on this blind item. The U.S. wouldn’t pay for her and Harry’s security even if she were a working royal because we’re not part of the commonwealth. The reason there was a question about whether Canada would foot the bill was because they are part of the commonwealth. There is no way either of them would expect the U.S. to pay even if Donald Trump wasn’t our president. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Meghan can keep on hating that fucking Donald Trump - not gonna make a difference when it comes to paying their security or living in the US. Not even sure it would impact their ability to make money - if they're going the Hollywood/celebrity route in whatever fashion, I don't think it matters.

Also, WOW does the media (some media) have it in for Meghan.....

• Like 3

i guess this all may stem from that “internationally recognised people” point that affords protection, that the host country is obligated to pay, or something? Dunno and not interested enough to check, but I thought I’d read the Canadian view was that the status change meant that no longer applied. 

Does anyone have a link to the photo of Prince William appearing to ogle Meghan's chest while Harry gives him a death side-eye and Kate cheerily ignores everyoe else? I know I've seen it recently (ish) but looked here and on Lainey's sites (likely sources for me) but can't find it....Anyone?

meghan-harry-commonwealth-today-main-200Why won't she wear a bra with a full cup to avoid that god-awful line??!!! Dress was stunning, as is she, but ARGH that bra line is so annoying. She clearly favors the demi-lune style, as I see that bra line on her ALL THE TIME. And I hate it.

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I was the only one bothered by that! Every single outfit. It ruins the way the outfits lay on her. How is no one telling her this? 

• Like 1

Charles has never been shy when he's talked about downsizing the monarchy - and everyone knows he means Andrew! No one ever minds Edward & Sophie ?

[ok, maybe Princess Michael of Kent too - Pushy Princess is annoying too]

The headline is misleading as the article says this is almost certainly not going to happen, but I’m sharing it anyway as we are light on gossip and as an American, it’s one of those weird monarchy things I know nothing about. I could see Andrew lobbying heavily for this and agreeing not to press his rights if the sub in his kid. All about the status. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/1257197/princess-Beatrice-news-coronavirus-uk-update-royal-wedding-queen-prince-Philip-death/amp

Princess Beatrice to become ‘acting monarch’ as coronavirus demands royal to step up

beatrice

Princess Beatrice news: Royal to become ‘acting monarch’ as coronavirus demands Princess to step up (Image: GETTY)

CORONAVIRUS has caused chaos across the nation which could force Princess Beatrice to take up a new role in the Royal Family.

As coronavirus continues to grip the nation, the Queen could be forced to give up her constitutional duties due to the Government’s plans for all over-70s to self-quarantine. There are usually five Counsellors of State on hand to fill-in for Her Majesty if she is unable to.

However, the coronavirus may force the Regency Act 1937 to create a sixth Counsellor, according to Royal Central.

The current Counsellors of State are the Duke of Edinburgh, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge, the Duke of Sussex and the Duke of York.

Two or more Counsellors of State have to be present at one time.

Prince Charles is 71, meaning that he may also have to be quarantined along with Prince Phillip who is 98.

Prince Harry and Prince Andrew are no longer working royals but this does not mean that they cannot act as Counsellors of State.

But it is likely it will be controversial if they take on the role.

Prince William is likely to be the only Counsellor who is a working royal and is likely to remain out of self isolation.

Counsellors of State are made up of the consort of the Queen and the first four people in the line of succession.

Those who are chosen have to be 21 or over even though the heir to the throne becomes qualified when they reach eighteen.

If two Counsellors are required and only one is available then Parliament may have to amend the Regency Act.

This role is likely to go to Princess Beatrice of York who is ninth in line to the throne.

If the Queen and her Counsellors are unable to carry out their duties then the Government could fall apart as someone has to be able to carry out the duties of the sovereign.

Tasks undertaken by Counsellors and the sovereign include granting royal assent, issuing royal proclamations, appointing judges and Queen’s Counsel.

However, it is likely that the Duke of York will most likely step up as Counsellor, even if he is a controversial choice given his recent links to convicted sex offender billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.

Royal historian Marlene Koenig explained that extra Counsellors are needed but that it is unlikely to happen to Princess Beatrice.

She said: “In 1944, when Lord Lascelles was a prisoner of war, he was briefly removed as a Counsellor of State and replaced with Princess Alexandra of Connaught.

“However, this was not actually legal because the Regency Act does not allow for a replacement.

“Lord Lascelles was taken prisoner in 1944. He had replaced the Countess of Southesk as a Counsellor on his 21st birthday a few months earlier.

“Princess Elizabeth turned 18-years-old in April 1944 – and she replaced Princess Alexandra, the Countess Southesk’s older sister.

“But with Lord Lascelles taken prisoner in June 1944, the King issued a Letters Patent that August putting Alexandra back on the list, even though it was technically not allowed.

“So there is precedence, sort of, but in case of the Queen being ill, I think they would have to make do with the group they have.”

Wasn’t sure which thread was best for this, but Princes Charles is confirmed to have coronavirus.

mild symptoms at present but I guess there will be no issue finding a ventilator for him if needed! 

Edited by Wordsworth

I'm guessing there is a secret bunker hospital ward somewhere he has access to ;-)

I somehow missed until this announcement that Prince Albert of Monaco also tested positive for coronavirus....

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

I'm guessing there is a secret bunker hospital ward somewhere he has access to ?

I somehow missed until this announcement that Prince Albert of Monaco also tested positive for coronavirus....

He’s at Balmoral, so seems like he ignored the request not to travel to a rural second home ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did they travel to Scotland AFTER he worried he has COVID19 and was tested, or before? I'm sure they all had plans to sequester, but the timing is key....

From the BBC:

The duke and duchess arrived in Scotland on Sunday. Charles had been displaying mild symptoms over the weekend and was tested by the NHS in Aberdeenshire on Monday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52033845

Apparently he saw the Queen on 12th so, if he got sick at the end of the 14 day period, she could be at risk I guess. 

• Thanks 1

Is it wrong to hope that Charles breaks sequester long enough to sneeze all over his brother Andrew?  Asking for a friend....

• Haha 6