Kath

British Royals

Some say that beneath the yummy-mummy exterior is a spine of steel; that, in many ways, she’s reminiscent of the late Queen Mother, whom Cecil Beaton described as ‘a marshmallow made on a welding machine’. Because surviving, let alone thriving, in the House of Windsor is no mean feat.

Some really good quotations ;-)

I'm reading Hilary Mantel's 3rd in the Wolf Hall trilogy - The Mirror & the Light - so the article mentioning Mantel's description of Kate is amusing to me. Also the description of Carole Middleton and the family remind me of all the great families in the Tudor period - pick a daughter, do EVERYTHING you can to make her queen.....

Someone with "impeccable manners" does not seek to put another "in her place"....

Kate, who has impeccable manners, sought the opportunity to put Meghan in her place, reprimanding her for speaking imperiously to her Kensington Palace staff. ‘In the palace, you hear numerous stories of the staff saying so-and-so is a nightmare and behaves badly but you never hear that about Kate,’ says a royal insider. Another courtier says: ‘Kate keeps her staff whereas Meghan doesn’t. Doesn’t that say everything?’

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

broadway-new-york-city.png

I Am A Triple Threat

May 26, 2020

[Blind GossipYou already know that this attractive woman was on a TV show.

That is what gave her the celebrity to advance her station in life via marriage to a man in a famous family.

What you don’t know is the extent of her career goals.

While she said she would give up acting to create a different life with her latest husband, that promise did not last long.

She changed her mind.

Some might say that she never really planned to give up acting. Some might say that her best acting she ever did was in the role of a dutiful partner who was willing to give up her former life for his life. Why? Because that role was more likely to to land her that ring and that big wedding and that rich, famous husband.

Who knows.

In any case, she has now publicly declared her intent to return to acting.

However, you didn’t think that she was planning back to a TV gig on the same level as her last acting job, did you?

Ha!

She is more famous now. Not any more talented. But definitely much more famous.

It isn’t just that she is demanding movies instead of TV, or that she will only work with esteemed directors worthy of her presence. There’s more.

[She and her husband] have been spending a lot of time with [a talented couple] for a very specific reason.

That reason?

[The Talented Couple is] very plugged into Broadway. [Actress] sees herself not just as an actor but a singer and dancer as well. Her dream is to score a role that would normally go to an established triple threat. Her plan is for [The Talented Couple] to coach her and make the intros. She thinks that the lead in a Broadway musical and/or the lead in a movie musical would establish her as a star.

My, my, my. That is certainly a big goal! We have seen her act, but we have never seen her sing or dance in anything.

Wait a minute. Can she sing? Can she dance?

She can carry a tune. She took dance classes.

Whew! That’s a relief. We were a little concerned that an almost-40 actress who has never had a lead acting role in a major movie or even a TV show could pull this off. However, we can now see the error of our ways. If anything, our actress is over qualified for such a role.

But wait! There’s more!

She thinks that with the right roles, she could EGOT. [Her husband] is totally supportive.

We can see it now: Our triple threat actress… practicing in front of one of the many mirrors in her palatial home… giving her hapless husband and their crying child the hand… declaring, “Don’t bother me! I’m EGOTTING!”

If her husband is truly supportive, he should actually do something productive. Perhaps he could approach people at Hollywood parties and say, “Did you know that my wife is a triple threat? You should give her the lead role in your next musical!” That would definitely help. Everyone from Baz Luhrmann to Andrew Lloyd Webber would be eternally grateful.

And if she believes it and he supports it, our Actress should get what she wants, right? In fact, someone should start printing up the name plates for that Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony right now.

Similar: Tracy Jordan Would Approve

Actress and Husband:

Talented Couple:

That Tatler article pissed off Kensington Palace to the point they publicly came out and said bits were false, so if someone from there is behind it (which I struggle to believe, given no one comes out well) they’re getting fired I guess! 

I read a scurrilous rumour this morning that Kate is pregnant again, which would be a good way to get out of her “CEO” duties...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I actually haven't heard of any theatrical couple that H&M have been hanging out with?

Yeah, that part confused me too.

• Like 1

Maybe the theatrical couple is David Foster and Katherine McFee or whatever? I believe she just said that David is "like a father" to Harry, which I'm sure ruffled some feathers. 

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 5:47 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Another sleazy Prince Andrew story - he & Fergie defaulted on their payments for a chichi chalet in Verbier (I think). 18 something Million $. COuldn't make December payment of  5 or 6 million so had to sell/default. Not sure what actually happened. But in any event - where the fuck did they get the money to buy that???!!! When around the same time he was cuddling up to Epstein to get $ from him and Fergie was doing lord knows what to get more money.....

Read a story about this today,  they are potentially being sued for the payment. The article started by suggesting the Queen would step in to pay it off to prevent a court case, but it ended by saying the Palace was denying this, so....clear as mud! 

• Like 1

child-with-skateboard.png

Alarming Around The Children

June 2, 2020

[Blind Gossip] Of all the family members that this actress could be targeting with her anger, she seems to have chosen a certain female relative.

Want to know why? Of course you do!

The popular version is has to do with some sort of spat before a family event.

In fact, that event was not the catalyst.

You actually have to go back a couple of years for this one.

It was one of the very first times the actress was brought into contact with her future brother-in-law, his wife, and their children.

Actress was on her best behavior, and was trying to impress her future BIL and SIL with how much she enjoyed meeting their family and spending time with them.

It was a casual event. The children were running around being noisy and playful.

At one point, Actress excused herself to another room to make a phone call.

She somehow wound up alone with one of the children. Perhaps the child simply ran into the room looking for her? Whatever the case, what happened next was the catalyst.

The Actress snapped a couple of quick photos of the child.

Perhaps it was innocent. Perhaps not.

When [SIL] found out, though, she was alarmed. They had just met [Actress] and she could not believe that [Actress] would try to photograph [Child] without parental consent in the few seconds that they were alone.

Actress tried to pass it off as some sort of innocent, spur-of-the-moment decision, but SIL never trusted her again after that.

What else had Actress done? Had she secretly photographed or recorded them? The children? The house? Other members of the family?

That meetup did not bring them together as family. If anything, it created distrust and a desire to keep a safe distance from Actress.

It may have also been one of the reasons BIL suggested to his brother that he should slow down the relationship.

Perhaps that was when Actress decided that SIL was her enemy.

Perhaps that is why Actress leaks stories to the media to try to portray SIL as a less-than-perfect mother and person. Someone who is privileged and cold and unwelcoming. Perhaps even… unaccepted of her race? Actress has been playing the victim for a while now, so we should not be surprised at any accusation she might make.

So, what was Actress planning to do with those photos?

That’s a good question.

We did find out later that Actress actually kept a diary of all family interactions. Perhaps those “innocent” photos, taken in secret, were meant to be part of that comprehensive chronicle.

We’ll see.

Similar: The Enemy Diaries

Actress and Husband:

BIL and SIL:

[Optional] Was the SIL right to be alarmed? Why do you think Actress took those photos?

• Haha 1

martin-luther-king-jr.png

I Have A Speech

June 9, 2020Blind Gossip Leave a Comment

[Blind Gossip] In these days where everything feels overwhelming and upside down, we can sometimes take comfort in the words of great thinkers and great leaders.

This TV actress made a speech designed to empower young people.

Her heartfelt words will linger on in our minds as the perfect example of how she is the definitive shining beacon of truth and unity in these troubled times.

So, whose inspirational words did she choose to bring us all together?

Abraham Lincoln?

Mahatma Gandhi?

Martin Luther King Jr.?

Actually, she did not mention the source of the sound bite that made headlines the following day, so they must have been her own brilliant thoughts, right?

Nah.

They came from a script.

An episode of Grey’s Anatomy, to be precise.

No, we are not kidding.

Hey, she’s an actress! It’s all scripts and rehearsals for her. If you thought otherwise, you might be a little naive.

Sort of like her husband.

Similar: Happy Birthday To Me

Actress:

[Optional] When she gave her speech, did she look raw, unrehearsed, and natural to you?

Did anyone watch MM's speech for her old high school she made to the current graduating class?  Would love to know what line she grabbed from GA episode :D

I'm torn. She's a great actress with a lot of range I think. She could be really interesting in the role - we don't even know what time period or what the story would focus on. But certainly wouldn't have come up with her on my own.....

6 hours ago, princess said:

Kristen Stewart Is Set to Play Princess Diana in ‘Spencer’ Movie, and Twitter Has a Lot of Opinions

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kristen-stewart-set-to-play-princess-diana-twitter-reacts/

:huh:

Here is what they same time period is:

The Pablo Larraín-directed movie takes place over three days as Diana comes to the realization that she wants to leave Charles and the British royal family while spending Christmas at Sandringham Estate. Production is expected to begin in early 2021.

She must have had a hell of an audition.  I don't see it.  Loved her in Twilight, but this??  I hope she closes her mouth and stops showing us her buck teeth in something. :ninja:

• Haha 1

I can’t see her as Diana either. For one thing her voice is very distinctive and deep, nothing like Diana’s, and I’ve never heard Kristen Stewart use a different voice in any of her roles. Also, there have been a lot of embarrassing attempts by American actresses at pulling off an English accent of any sort. She also doesn’t look much like Diana to me. If she pulls this off it will be a huge surprise. 

• Like 1

Just saw someone on twitter refer to Will as "Workshy Wanderdick" and I am DYING.

Also he went out without a fucking mask to thank first responders. Thank them by protecting them by WEARING A FUCKING MASK

• Like 3

On 6/17/2020 at 10:46 AM, princess said:

Kristen Stewart Is Set to Play Princess Diana in ‘Spencer’ Movie, and Twitter Has a Lot of Opinions

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/kristen-stewart-set-to-play-princess-diana-twitter-reacts/

:huh:

For what it's worth:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/17 **3**
If you are wondering if there is a casting couch for A- list mostly movie actresses. There is in the case of this actress who recently has a couple of bombs and is known for breaking up marriages. It is how she landed her latest role.

• Haha 1