Kath

British Royals

[Pop Bitch] Which member of the Royal Family could do wonders for the hospitality industry?

They could also give the government’s latest scheme a huge boost if they’d only allow the papers to print some photos.

What photos?

The ones they had of him “helping out” a blow-up doll!

Similar: A Royal Pain For Producers

Male Royal:

[Optional] Who are your favorite and least favorites members of the British Royal family? Why?

I'm sure she & her parents are disappointed (possibly her parents more than her?) but that seems like the best decision right now.

[Now I need to know HOW MANY residences are at Windsor, and how many have their own chapels????]

Isn’t this the man who had a live in fiancé with a new baby at the time they got together? I feel like this was a big story at the beginning and now you never hear about it at all. Like they paid her off or something. Maybe I’m remembering it wrong...

The British press have been mentioning that she’s the first member of the queen’s family to become a stepmother. The timing did always seem suspect. 

(If the dude is dodgy maybe she’s gone for the old cliche of falling for a man like her father....) 

• Haha 2

Love that they released photos on Saturday - saying they didn't want to take attention away from the Knighting ceremony for Sir Tom Moore. 

Also smart to release photos with Queen and Philip and NOT her parents ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think she looks lovely. The dress is beautiful and the sentiment sweet. It’s also the best way possible to PR spin the loss of your big fancy wedding and the fact that your father is human scum. But i choose to go with lovely and sweet and probably made her grandmother super super happy.

• Like 4

I wondered if the sleeves were added due to the tradition of covering shoulders in a chapel. I love the tiara, I think it might be my fave of the various weddings. 

• Like 2

Thinking to the 4 dress/tiaras I remember now - Kate, Meghan, Eugenie, Beatrice - I like all the dresses (a couple fitting points here or there) and the tiaras! C'mon royal weddings - it's all good to me! But now I need to look up the others - Zara, Autumn. Guess that's it for this gen so far because the Wessex kids are still young?!

• Like 1

From US Magazine. The sleeves were added and the bottom was modified. 
xxxxx

The queen wore the ivory peau de soie taffeta dress to the premiere of the film Lawrence in Arabia in London in 1962. It was modified for Beatrice with the addition of organza sleeves.

and from Hello: The Queen's dresser Angela Kelly and royal dressmaker Stewart Parvin added the feature in order to adhere to the rules of a place of worship, whereby bare shoulders are deemed inappropriate.

there are photos of the queen wearing the dress at the Lawrence of Arabia premier and also at an Italian state dinner. The shoes Beatrice wore were the same shoes she wore to William and Kate’s wedding.

Tiffany Haddish The Best Celebrity Hair Transformations of 2020

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 3

Pretty sure they've removed a petticoat or two as well - daytime event vs evening ;-)

Nice Tatler article (photos!) of wedding tiaras https://www.tatler.com/gallery/royal-wedding-tiaras-in-history#:~:text=Zara chose a tiara originally,Cartier in the early 1900s.

I quite like Zara's Meander tiara, but think the bandeau Meghan borrowed is my fave. I know many prefer the bandeau Eugenie wore, and it's stunning, but I think it's my #3 ;-)

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 07/20 **12**
Straight Up Stealing: Usually it is in the shadows when it comes to this celebrity couple The finances are always going to be opaque, just because of what is behind them. Less so for her, because she has always maintained a separate financial profile, profiting off her position whenever possible and making sure she is the only one who can access it while blocking her husband from viewing any of it. Although she filed an extension on her taxes, it appears she did so as married but filing separately. Meanwhile, she wants to know about every penny on the other side of the aisle so to speak. A complaint has been filed alleging the wife and husband of taking nearly $500K of the public's money that was supposedly heading to a charity, and instead converting it for their own personal gain. Did they split the money 50/50? Is that going to be declared as income? The husband doesn't have to do taxes this year. Next year he will though, and there is going to be a big lid pulled off the cover of the finances of the family from across the pond.

Would you trust someone who has never had to worry about money to take care of your finances now that you have to actually make some sort of a living (yes, I know they could live easily on what they have now - but not in that Beverly Hills fortress they picked.....)?  Given that family - and the knives that are ALWAYS out for her - I'd have my own fucking $ accounts too!

There is also nothing inherently shady about Meghan preparing her 2019 U.S. return with an MFS filing status.  It's pretty rare for a married person's liability to be less as a single filer than as a joint filer, but her particular tax position may have been one of those cases.  The IRS actually encourages married folks to figure their tax both ways (on a joint return and on separate returns) to ensure using the filing status that results in the lowest combined tax.  The IRS also says that once you file a joint return, you can't choose to file separate returns for that year after the due date of the return - which would seem to discourage changing lanes on a regular basis.

I'm also pretty sure that Meghan is relying on someone a whole lot more versed in IRS publications and pronouncements than I am for tax advice so take all that for what it's worth.

• Like 1

I trust Meghan's accountant far more than I trust Fakey ;-) Sometimes lawyers and accountants make recommendation that make legal and/or financial sense but your "average" person wouldn't think of. That's why we pay them!!!!

Also the charity accusation has come from someone with an agenda against the concept of a constitutional monarchy, he literally heads the Republic group - so far there’s nothing to suggest anyone is trying to skim off cash. 

• Like 1

This could be just a regular charity audit process.  However because it involved royals, suddenly it's more interesting to the public. 

• Like 1