Kath

British Royals

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/20 **5**
The alliterate one is desperately trying to testify virtually in her upcoming trial. She doesn't want to travel and she doesn't want to have to deal with the crowds of press. If she does have to be present for the trial, she wants a waiver of the 14 day quarantine period so she doesn't have to spend Christmas with the in-laws. The month of January is going to test the limits of the marriage.

• Haha 1

New book about Prince Philip excerptย https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/a34346906/prince-philip-revealed-book-excerpt-andrew-harry/

Here they don't say anything about Harry's personal military rank being removed, just his Royal patronage rank. Did we discuss that here or was it on Twitter someone told me? I get confused ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

ย 

t was decided that Harry, who holds the rank of major in the army, would lose his position as Captain General of the Royal Marines, but the title would remain in obeyance with no one else being appointed in his place until April 2021, when there is an agreed review of the situation.ย 

ย 

6 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

New book about Prince Philip excerptย https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/money-and-power/a34346906/prince-philip-revealed-book-excerpt-andrew-harry/

Here they don't say anything about Harry's personal military rank being removed, just his Royal patronage rank. Did we discuss that here or was it on Twitter someone told me? I get confused ๐Ÿ˜‰ย 

ย 

t was decided that Harry, who holds the rank of major in the army, would lose his position as Captain General of the Royal Marines, but the title would remain in obeyance with no one else being appointed in his place until April 2021, when there is an agreed review of the situation.ย 

ย 

I donโ€™t remember discussing it here but it might have been!

ย I also donโ€™t see how they can take away a rank he earned through actuallyย serving in the armed forces?ย I thought all that was going was the stuff awarded by virtue of being part of the RF. ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• Thanks 1

Is it wrong that I read this about the delay toย autumn 2021ย โ€œThe judge said the trial, due to be held in January 2021, was adjourned for "confidential" reasons after a request by Meghan's lawyers.โ€ and immediately assumed Meghan isย pregnant and (understandably)ย doesnโ€™t want to have to travel and go through this?ย 

(Itโ€™s v wrong of me, I know, no need to answer!)ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54734337

ย 

• Like 3

Meghan Markle wins bid to delay court battle with newspaper

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2020/10/29/meghan-markle-wins-bid-to-delay-court-battle-with-newspaper/24667277/

LONDON (Reuters) - Meghan, the wife of Britainโ€™s Prince Harry, won her bid to have a privacy action against a tabloid newspaper postponed by about nine months until next Autumn after a judge heard a confidential reason from her lawyers for seeking a delay.

....Judge Mark Warby said on Thursday he had granted the delay after Meghan's team gave "a confidential ground" for doing so.

ย 

Well, everyone seems to be hinting that is the reason.ย  Good catch Wordsorth!

• Thanks 1

Wiki suggests the step back was from honorary military appointments, which are the ones mentioned here, ย and shows his service related rank separately,ย but I donโ€™t know enough aboutย ranks versus appointments to know whatโ€™s going on to be honest! He appears to have been promoted in rank even after leaving service, does that make it honorary? ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a31987565/prince-harry-devastated-give-up-military-titles/

• Like 1

I think they are playing hardball with him during the โ€œprobationโ€ so he truly knows what heโ€™s giving up. I think Covid made it easier to be brutal.ย 

So I'm finally trying to finish S3 of The Crown so I can be ready for S4 when it comes at the end of the week (next week? soon....) Up to the Prince of Wales investiture, ep 5. I like to read a couple of blogs that analyze the Crown (attempting to tell truth from tv, sometimes). Is this true - Prince of Wales isn't an hereditary title? But created from Letters Patent? I had NO idea. Seriously, 40 years of reading English history (fiction too) and this never came up??? [I got that from this blog, not the tv show, so I'll have to investigate....]

https://www.rachaeldickzen.com/blog/2019/11/24/overanalyzing-the-crown-s3e6-tywysog-cymru

• Thanks 1

I started reading "Finding Freedom" this morning (ebook) and am already halfway through!!! And today was a work day!!ย  I mean, it's a quick pulpy read, but I'm enjoying!

Prince Harry turned up (via video call) on Strictly Come Dancing (the original U.K. version of dancing with the stars) tonight forย a good luck chat with one of the contestants, a former marine who took part in invictus.ย 
ย 

sadly/fortunately he did not dance.ย 

• Haha 1

That article isn't totally accurate. Harry & Meghan's evening reception was at Frogmore. The luncheon reception immediately after the wedding was at St George's Hall....

(Kitty Spencer's dress at Harry's wedding was one of my favorite guest outfits, I think)

ย 

• Like 1

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/18
With the new court documents filed, it is looking more and more like the alliterate former actress is going to be writing a very large check to the people she sued. The sooner she can settle, the less she will have to pay. The vast majority of the time, if there is a settlement, the person who sued gets the money. In this case, it will be the opposite, but people just glancing to see she sued and that it was settled, will assume she won. She knows this.

1 minute ago, Hoyaheel said:

Young, it seems? But then, my cat is 11 and I still think she's a young stray.....

They'll get another, I assume?

Only 9 years old! I thought it was young too. I assume theyโ€™ll get another, I read Kateโ€™s brother has a lot of dogs from the same litter so theyโ€™re clearly a dog family.ย 
ย 

Although my parentsย lostย their lastย dog at about the same age, she developed stomach issues and they tried everything but in the endย it was kinder to let her go.ย 

I grew up with irish wolfhounds - big dogs die young. Lipo was a spaniel, I think? So a little longer lived. But no pet ever lives nearly as long as we think they should. ๐Ÿ˜ช

• Sad 1

Princess Eugenie Moves Into Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Frogmore Cottage Home

ย 

Princess Eugenie, who is expecting her first child, and Jack Brooksbank previously resided in Kensington Palace's Ivy Cottage

By Stephanie Petit and Simon Perry
November 20, 2020 06:18 PM
ย 
...The Sun, which first broke the story, quoted a source who said, "Removal vans pitched up in the dead of the night and cleared out the cottage. They definitely did not want to be seen. Emptying their home and handing over the keys is a pretty strong sign Harry and Meghan have no plans to return. It appears they are tying up loose ends as they plan to extend their stay in the U.S. perhaps permanently."