Kath

British Royals

I learned about some of those topics (not the people!) watching Footballers Wives a few yrs ago. Not the PBS Masterpiece mystery I was used to 🙂

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 02/01 **6**
Of course, the alliterate one is the one who had the change made to the reporting of a life event, and as I have told you for months, her significant other will be traveling solo. The question is will he return to his significant other after traveling or just hang out with his easy going drinking buddy, the foreign born A+ list one named singer.

On 2/2/2021 at 7:44 PM, princess said:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 02/01 **6**
Of course, the alliterate one is the one who had the change made to the reporting of a life event, and as I have told you for months, her significant other will be traveling solo. The question is will he return to his significant other after traveling or just hang out with his easy going drinking buddy, the foreign born A+ list one named singer.

I would love the sheer gossip explosion wrought by Harry/Adele.

I also don’t get the birth certificate fuss, who really cares? 

In less happy news, the Guardian newspaper has remembered it’s meant to be against the monarchy, and is publishing investigations into whether the royal family has used the need for “Queens consent” to proposed parliamentary bills to change those bills to their advantage. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/series/queens-consent

They'll let it slide if it's the Queen, but heaven forbid Harry & Meghan talk to Gavin Newsom or tell people to vote, because that's politics and BRF don't do politics. Bullshit....

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

They'll let it slide if it's the Queen, but heaven forbid Harry & Meghan talk to Gavin Newsom or tell people to vote, because that's politics and BRF don't do politics. Bullshit....

I’m fascinated to know what prompted the Guardian to focus on it, and why now. If someone could leak that to the papers I’d appreciate it. 😂

• Like 2

Saw the Star [tabloid] in line at the grocery store today - says Eugenie wants divorce after 6m and the Queen is pissed at having spent $2M on the wedding. 🤣

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

Saw the Star [tabloid] in line at the grocery store today - says Eugenie wants divorce after 6m and the Queen is pissed at having spent $2M on the wedding. 🤣

What do they think cost £2m?! 

• Like 1

Right??!! Unless Queen bought the engagement ring. I'm sure the alterations on the borrowed dress we're done in house. The flowers were stunning but flowers and photography don't cost $2M! I can't remember how many people were there to cater for, but still....you're not paying to rent china, crystal and chivari chairs when you get married at "Grandmum's Place" 😉

2 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Also I meant Beatrice not Eugenie. Oops.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Right??!! Unless Queen bought the engagement ring. I'm sure the alterations on the borrowed dress we're done in house. The flowers were stunning but flowers and photography don't cost $2M! I can't remember how many people were there to cater for, but still....you're not paying to rent china, crystal and chivari chairs when you get married at "Grandmum's Place" 😉

Plus it was during COVID times when in the U.K. there are restrictions on how many people can attend weddings, so unless everyone was served a dinner worth £250k a head...! 

• Like 1

Harry and Meghan expecting again. She looks relatively far along in the picture. Earlier this week there was a photo published of the two of them that talked about how happy and relaxed they looked. I remember thinking she looked pregnant.

Meghan Markle Is Pregnant, Expecting Second Child With Prince Harry

After suffering a miscarriage in July 2020, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are expecting another baby. Scroll on for the couple's announcement

By Cydney Contreras and Alyssa Morin  Published 39 mins ago Updated 24 mins ago

This photo of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was taken remotely by longtime friend and photographer Misan Harriman.

Photo by Misan Harriman, Copyright owned by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex © 2021

This photo of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex was taken remotely by longtime friend and photographer Misan Harriman.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's family is growing.

On Valentine's Day, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced they are expecting another baby.

"We can confirm that Archie is going to be a big brother. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are overjoyed to be expecting their second child," the couple shared in a statement on Sunday, Feb. 14.

Entertainment News

At this time, other details of Meghan and Harry's little one are unknown.

The news comes just months after Meghan disclosed she had suffered a miscarriage in July of last year. The Duchess of Sussex candidly detailed the "unbearable grief" she endured in a piece written for The New York Times.

She recalled feeling a sharp pain in her stomach as she changed son Archie Harrison's diaper, writing, "I knew, as I clutched my firstborn child, that I was losing my second."

Meghan acknowledged that many women experience a pregnancy loss at some point in their life, but few discuss the grief it brings. She reflected, "The conversation remains taboo, riddled with (unwarranted) shame, and perpetuating a cycle of solitary mourning."

In recent weeks, the 39-year-old star kept news of her pregnancy under tight wraps because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. 

She, Harry and their 21-month-old son have been social distancing at their Santa Barbara, Calif. residence, where they've occasionally participated in virtual appearances.

Just last year, Harry and Meghan opened up about enjoying this downtime with baby Archie. Speaking to Edward Felsenthal, the Editor-in-Chief and CEO of TIME, the former actress shared, "For us, we're trying to embrace all of the quality time we get with our son right now and to not miss a single moment of his growth and development, which has been really special."

In a separate conversation on Oct. 11, the couple also raved about witnessing some of Archie's major milestones while they've been home. "We were both there for Archie's first steps, his first run, his first fall, everything," Harry said in a video conversation with Malala Yousafzai for International Day of the Girl.

Meghan added, "In so many ways we are fortunate to be able to have this time to watch him grow, and in the absence of COVID, we would be traveling and working more externally. We'd miss a lot of those moments. So I think it's been a lot of really good family time."

Back in July 2019, Harry actually hinted that he and Meghan wanted to have another baby. In an interview with Dr. Jane Goodall for British Vogue—yes, the same issue that his wife guest-edited—Harry and the world-renowned primatologist talked about everything from climate change to preserving the planet to children.

"It does make it different," the royal shared. "I think, weirdly, because of the people that I've met and the places that I've been fortunate enough to go to, I've always had a connection and a love for nature. I view it differently now, without question. But I've always wanted to try and ensure that, even before having a child and hoping to have children..."

Goodall interrupted, "Not too many."

Harry responded, "Two, maximum! But I've always thought: this place is borrowed. And, surely, being as intelligent as we all are, or as evolved as we all are supposed to be, we should be able to leave something better behind for the next generation."

Back in October 2018, Meghan announced she was going to be a first-time mother, with their son Archie finally arriving in May 2019.

At the time, Harry gushed, "It's been the most amazing experience I can ever possibly imagine. How any woman does what they do is beyond comprehension but we're both absolutely thrilled and so grateful for all the love and support from everybody out there. It's been amazing so we just wanted to share this with everybody."

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

That’s nice news, a much wanted baby always is. 

(Honestly though all I can focus on in that pic is Harry’s massive big toe. I also expect the daily Mail to find a rule from the 16th century that it’s disrespectful to see the sole of a royals foot, or something.) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I'm trying to figure out what her dress is made from (is it linen??!! I want a caftan like that in linen!!!)

The Daily Mail also thinks it’s linen, made for her by Carolina Herrera when expecting Archie. 

meanwhile I am good at this game....foot story on the DM website! 😂

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9260809/Prince-Harrys-dirty-bare-feet-spark-calls-royal-buy-shoes-away.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Prince William is ‘concerned’ about Meghan and Harry’s Oprah tell-all

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/16/meghan-markle-prince-harry-tell-all-a-concern-for-prince-william/

A spokeswoman for the Oprah Winfrey Network confirmed that the couple won’t be collecting a paycheck and said that no donations are being made to their charity.

They look at the sit-down with the iconic media maven as a chance to finally “tell their truth,” according to people who know them.

• Haha 1

The Queen will be more concerned now that Prince Phillip has been admitted to hospital.

I can’t believe he’s upstaging eugenie’s baby’s birth like this. ;) 

• Haha 1

Honestly, I love that she actually looks like a new mum. Hair pushed back in a headband, engagement ring off because fingers too fat, looks like she hasn’t slept or had a makeup artist, dad looks like he slept in the fold out chair in the room... it’s much more real looking than the Kate picture shows.

• Like 2

News is on high alert in the U.K. after Charles travelled 100 miles to go to the hospital where his father is. It’s prompted the news channels to ask for a health update and none has been given, but apparently Charles has opted to stay in London.

Visits to hospital during COVID are supposed to be exceptional (my cousins could only see their dad to say goodbye, essentially) so..rumours are flying. 

• Like 2