Kath

British Royals

I'm going to watch the full video (17 minutes) but the Today Show has shown a few snippets, and Prince Harry singing the Fresh Prince of BelAir theme song is amazing.

Funny, I mean!!

Ok, I've watched now and really enjoyed the video! I then went and set dvr to record Oprah's interview 😉

And then I finished by watching Corden's carpool karaoke with Broadway stars, which is the only other carpool karaoke I know. I keep it bookmarked because I listen to it all the time. Don't really care about Corden, but I'd watch LMM, Jane Krakowski & Justin Tyler Ferguson anywhere any time. Audra is amazing but her voice is terrifying.

Some speculation that partially explains Kate on cover of People (?) talking about wanting more kids...I do feel bad for Kate (sometimes) that having kids seems to be her only response to....anything? She could have more to offer, but perhaps she doesn't care to develop 

14 hours ago, princess said:

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 02/28 **6**
As part of a side deal, the ginger haired one had to agree to not exploit images of family members for any profit ventures or ventures that appeared to be for profit.

Well duh. That's probably an old law, forget it being specific to Harry & Meghan. There are probably certain words & phrases he can't use either. That's totally appropriate, as far as I'm concerned.

TMZ is reporting Prince Phillip had heart surgery:

Prince Philip was way sicker than the Palace led everyone to believe ... because they just revealed he underwent heart surgery.

Queen Elizabeth's 99-year-old husband is recovering from what the Palace describes as a "successful" heart operation for a pre-existing heart condition. They went on to say he'll continue to be hospitalized "for a number of days."

Hmm, Today show news this morning called it a "procedure" which could be a ct scan or something like that. Wonder if TMZ heard different news now, or just interpreted the press release in the most salacious way possible?

Come on... who else is watching? Of note so far?

they actually got married privately three days before the wedding.

she says Kate made her cry over the flower girl dresses, not the opposite, but that at the time Kate apologized and was super gracious about it. Everyone involved knew what really happened but they allowed the fake stories to oersist, making it clear than no one had their back  

menbers of the family expressed concern to Harry that the baby that became Archie might be dark skinned

she says she was suicidal and asked for help, to go to a treatment center for mental health issues and was told (by a very senior member of the family) she was unable to go. This was a big part of getting out of the country. The photos of them at the royal albert hall, she is pregnant wearing a sparkly blue dress, were taken that night just after she was told no. Interestingly when he discussed this later, i thought he said he didn’t ask anyone for help because it just wasn’t done... so I’m unclear if they got no help or just didn’t ask for it because they thought they could have no help  

It’s a girl due in the summer  

charles stopped taking Harry’s calls

NINTCHDBPICT0004622576531.jpg?strip=all&

Edited by dixiedoodah

Yeah, that was quite the interview. 

(I think there was some poor editing that made some statements appear to be contradictory that I don't really think were. I think Harry was able to - earlier in his life- access mental health care. And that he was devastated that he couldn't help Meghan - either himself or to intervene with "the Firm" so she could get treatment).

I think the footage in their chicken coop was filmed more recently, like, within the past week or so, to add time & comments to the interview. She looks MUCH more pregnant. Some of it is the clothing and body position, but still - she looked a month or more pregnant in the chicken coop than she did under the pergola....

I'm surprised Charles came off looking worse than William and I respect some of the restraint that was shown in the interview. Guess "William & Harry against dad in mom's memory" is stronger than whatever William has said and done over the past 4 years regarding Harry & Meghan.....

I only got about half way through and decided I'll watch the rest later this week.  I stopped right around the part where they say they are expecting a girl.  Personal pet peeve - I hate when she says "My husband" instead of "Harry".  We all know he's your husband, no need to keep claiming your prize. :rolleyes:

30 Of The Most Hilarious Tweets Reacting To Meghan And Harry's Oprah Interview

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemcneal/meghan-harry-oprah-best-tweets

• Haha 2

Queen Elizabeth finally releases statement on Prince Harry, Meghan Markle interview

https://pagesix.com/2021/03/09/queen-releases-statement-on-prince-harry-meghan-markle-interview/

Queen Elizabeth II said in a statement Tuesday that “the whole family is saddened” over the allegations Prince Harry and Meghan Markle leveled in their TV sit-down and that the “issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning” — although “recollections may vary.”

The queen — addressing the pair’s explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired Sunday — said, “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Harry and Meghan,” according to a tweet by a BBC reporter.

“The issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning. Whilst some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.

“Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members,” the queen added.

the-godfather-fredo-corleone-2.png

Only One Way Back For Fredo

March 8, 2021

[Blind Gossip] How do you handle relatives who go against the family?

Whether you love or hate this actress, there is no doubt that she has changed her husband’s life.

It looks like that may not have been enough for her, though. She was seeking to change his family, too!

Was his family shocked by what transpired?

No. [The couple] has repeatedly “bit the hand that fed them” over the past couple of years. All that they were given was ever enough.

When his family had enough and “withdrew” the hand, they knew that there would likely be a vicious response and they were right. It was inevitable. Sad and unpleasant, but inevitable.

What do you think the couple’s goal was?

This was not an innocent sharing of feelings. This was a deliberate attempt to hurt his family.

How would the couple benefit from that?

She seems to believe that if they portray his family as evil and themselves as innocent victims, they can simultaneously take down his family and elevate themselves as brave or heroic.

Could that happen?

This is not the first time someone has attempted to hurt the family. While the family cannot directly respond in kind, they will endure.

Are the couple victims?

She is not innocent nor is she a victim. In fact, much of her past was quietly handled by his family to protect her so as not to become an issue.

He is not innocent either. He knows that many of his past indiscretions were also quietly handled in a way to protect him.

Thus the assertion that they were not protected is erroneous.

Frankly, she was caught engaging in untrustworthy behavior from the beginning, so she should be grateful that the family protected her.

What did she do that was untrustworthy?

There was an incident of her surreptitiously taking photos at a family member’s home. She was never invited to the home again and seems to have held a special grudge against those family members since then.

We know that story very well.

So, is this all on her?

No. His participation in this exercise is abhorrent as well. He has shown himself to be weak and disloyal. He thinks he is a hero turning against his own family but he is a fool. 

Fredo!

the-godfather-fredo-corleone.png

What would it take to reconcile the parties?

The only way back is without her. If they divorce and he returns, the family will cautiously welcome him back.

Similar: Alarming Around The Children

Couple:

[Optional] What do you think of the couple’s behavior? What do you think will happen? Please use real names and keep your comments civil and on topic.

Ick. 

Apparently there's a generational gap - old people think m&h betrayed the crown and family. Young people can't believe m&h had to put up with any of that crap.

I love feeling young 🙂

(No, I don't think m&h are angels - but I believe 75% of what they say maybe 25% from the rest of the family these days....)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Also, her alleged behavior? I thought it was photos of the Cambridge kids she took that were "inappropriate". Now it is someone's house?

I haven’t watched any of it, and don’t intend to, but the absolute arsehole that is Piers Morgan (a journalist who is butthurt Meghan ghosted him after she met Harry, previously implicated in the tabloid phone hacking scandal) has had to leave his morning tv show after 40,000 complaints about him stating he didn’t believe she was suicidal, so that’s been one good outcome! 

• Like 3

I woke up to my twitter feed just POURING love on Alex Beresford - I saw the clip of him "making" that baby PM stomp off set this morning. LOVE it so much. And now to hear that baby resigned. Ah, does a body good. (I heard that on twitter, coming here to update and WW beat me to it!) 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

🙂(No, I don't think m&h are angels - but I believe 75% of what they say maybe 25% from the rest of the family these days....)

I'm 50/50. 

I do also strongly believe that H&M leave out context to a lot of these situations to make themselves look better in the public eye.  I watched the full interview.  Body language was interesting - M always reaching for H.  M seemed rehearsed - she knew what stories she wanted to tell even before the interview so waited for the appropriate question to bring it up - but that's not surprising.  I'm sure anyone doing an interview like this would do the same.  I did like the story about the Queen sharing her blanket :)  H seemed much less prepared to answer questions, and he kept interrupting his own sentences :D  Considering the few interviews he's given, I'm not surprised either.

During my group Zoom last nite this interview came up.  My friends that are POC said that when they get pregnant they always discuss what the baby will look like among close friends and family.  They said if their text messages were published out of context it would totally look bad.  They wondered if this was something similar that happened to H, it was a "I wonder what the baby will look like, who's eyes, who's color hair, etc." and then taken out of context when H told M.  Who knows, if it was said in malice that really sucks - I've heard a few comments from my family members that were NOT ok and it's always shocking to know someone close to me feels that way. :(   Unconscious bias has definitely been a part of my life.

I liked the bits filmed in the chicken coop.  Sure seemed like M seemed more comfortable there than H, I guess we know who takes care of the birds :D  I did also like the flashback photos they shared.  I did always like M's fashion style - she was much more daring than most of Kate's fashion choices. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

I woke up to my twitter feed just POURING love on Alex Beresford - I saw the clip of him "making" that baby PM stomp off set this morning. LOVE it so much. And now to hear that baby resigned. Ah, does a body good. (I heard that on twitter, coming here to update and WW beat me to it!) 

Sadly he’ll be back somewhere soon enough, the whole “controversial opinion” thing makes money now.  

• Sad 1

Unfortunately this just frees up piers to be on Fox News. I do think a lot of the “slights” to Archie are procedural and part of the rules - just not what Williams kids get because he’s the heir. BUT considering the fact that there were significant threats to them, I feel like the family should have compromised more and extended protection despite the protocol. Of course this is all one sided, but it feels to me there were probably a lot of compromises that could have saved this situation. 

• Like 2

I think that American & younger means that Meghan had a lot of expectations were not met. And she didn't handle that very well, probably, but I also think that the Firm & the royal family were not and are not prepared to join the 21st century. I agree there were MANY places compromises could have been reached where everyone would have been happy but for whatever reasons (TRADITION - everyone sing along with Fiddler on the Roof) everyone siloed and put up walls instead. Sad all around.

16 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

Sadly he’ll be back somewhere soon enough, the whole “controversial opinion” thing makes money now.  

11 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

Unfortunately this just frees up piers to be on Fox News. 

Apparently a couple of new ultra right wing "news" options in the UK now, so sad!