Kath

British Royals

19 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

I think once the Queen left by car, the others declined their cars to walk back, which I thought was nice given it’s a beautiful day here. 

I bet none of the young women in their vertiginous heels made that choice! Those heels, on cobbles. Ugh! (I think Sophie's were lower, Anne had flat boots on bc she was walking behind the hearse. Didn't see Camilla's....)

4 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I bet none of the young women in their vertiginous heels made that choice! Those heels, on cobbles. Ugh! (I think Sophie's were lower, Anne had flat boots on bc she was walking behind the hearse. Didn't see Camilla's....)

I think that’s part of why they ended up walking on the road - negotiating the cobbled section in heels would have been a minefield, I speak from bitter experience! 

• Like 1

I went to college in a town that had a lot of cobbles - and not a lot of public transport (none of us had cars). I recall it was MUCH easier to walk in heels on cobbles after a couple drinks! And now that's the only way I know how! Not that I wear heels these days, not for work or really dress up, though I haven't had to dress up on forever either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

I went to college in a town that had a lot of cobbles - and not a lot of public transport (none of us had cars). I recall it was MUCH easier to walk in heels on cobbles after a couple drinks! And now that's the only way I know how! Not that I wear heels these days, not for work or really dress up, though I haven't had to dress up on forever either. 

Haha yes, agree the alcohol helps! I’ve scraped more than a few heels, I love them but still WFH so no need for them now. Spend my days in slippers! 

• Like 1

Foggy Bottom had no cobbles and a metro station. Much easier for us to navigate while drunk!

• Like 1

Yeah - I lived on the *other* side of the Georgetown campus (in the Burleith neighborhood) all through school - so we had to walk extra far to get to "Georgetown" proper (Wisconsin & M) and all those streets were cobbled, AND some old tram tracks for added level of expertise! I honestly don't know why we were wearing heels - not for a regular party - but we still ended up having to do it a few times a semester.....Anyway - I've never been able to walk well in heels - I don't enjoy heels - so I'm really impressed when these women wear super high heels and then walk across the grounds of a castle with cameras and the eyes of the world on them....

• Like 1

I feel like that’s not the first secret love child claim ever made to be honest. 😂

I love that “the likeness speaks for itself though”, no need for pesky stuff like DNA testing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do kind of think the old “son” looks quite a bit like Prince Phillip, but so do a lot of old white guys. I can’t get past the term “falling pregnant” though. I’ve seen it before and it’s always seemed so weird to me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

I do kind of think the old “son” looks quite a bit like Prince Phillip, but so do a lot of old white guys. I can’t get past the term “falling pregnant” though. I’ve seen it before and it’s always seemed so weird to me.

Like it happened because she tripped and fell on top of him with unerring accuracy? 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wordsworth said:

Beatrice has announced she’s pregnant with her first child. 

Finally, some nice news :)

• Like 1

I wonder if it's coincidence or shade that Beatrice's pregnancy was announced on Harry and Meghan's anniversary.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I wondered that too. Didn't they announce their pregnancy at someone's wedding? It was a big to-do in the british tabloids, but the Family had already known internally.....

The Daily Mail indeed claimed this was Beatrice getting revenge for H&M announcing their pregnancy at her sister’s wedding. 

I left that bit out cos I was trying to be nice ;) although I was not nice enough to bother reminding myself of Beatrices husbands name so I could include him. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wordsworth said:

was not nice enough to bother reminding myself of Beatrices husbands name so I could include him. 

I call him "Italian dude". But then, I can barely tell the princesses apart. Like - if you gave me 4 photos - the princesses and their husbands - it's 50/50 I'd actually get the right matches 😉

I call him "Italian dude". But then, I can barely tell the princesses apart. Like - if you gave me 4 photos - the princesses and their husbands - it's 50/50 I'd actually get the right matches 😉

I can tell Beatrice and Eugenie apart but that’s it. 😆

• Haha 1

war-movies-charlie-sheen-george-clooney-

The Cold War Has Begun

May 19, 2021

[Blind Gossip] The family war has begun, and the first shots have already been fired!

Up until now, the family did not respond to the attacks and rude behavior of this couple.

When The Couple engaged in petty stunts to steal the spotlight from other family members, The Family was privately annoyed… but did not react in public.

When The Couple lobbed insults and accusations, The Family was privately shocked… but did not react in public.

Some members of his family, notably [redacted], wanted to counter the charges being leveled point by point. The decision was made that to do so would be seen as reactive and would only prolong and exacerbate the discussion. They continued to include the antagonists in social media posts and maintained a dignified silence about the insults and attacks in the hope that they would would stop.

Unfortunately, they did not stop. The attacks continued.

Now, The Family has decided that enough is enough.

They have had quite enough of his nonsense. After the latest round of attacks, the family came up with a unified strategy by which everyone in the family could abide.

We told you before that the family would not attack directly. Sure enough, we were right!

The strategy is subtle and dignified.

No consideration will be made nor recognition given to [the couple’s] activities or schedule. Those quiet acts of omission will make it clear that they (and especially she) are now “personae non gratae.” It will also deprive them of publicity, the oxygen that fuels their unseemly behavior.

The family will simply carry on with their own lives and activities. The omission of [the couple] from their communications will be quite subtle, yet, each time it happens, it will be noticed because it will demonstrate a distinct break from past traditions.

Basically, The Family is not going to attack The Couple. They are going to freeze out The Couple.

It’s a Cold War.

When will this war end? As we told you before, the only way back is without her.

While they were once hopeful he would come around, the family has now come to the unfortunate realization that there will be no reconciliation as long as he is married to her. As a couple, they are manipulative, vindictive and completely untrustworthy.

Similar: Only One Way Back For Fredo

The Couple:

The Family:

[Optional] Good strategy? What do you think will happen?

Harry’s gone nuclear with public criticism of the Queen and Prince Charles in this Apple TV series, if what I’ve read is true (I’m not invested enough to listen).

Whether all of his criticism is accurate or not (and I imagine some of it is), you’re  not going to convince me now that Harry wants a quiet life not linked to the royal family. he’s clearly more than happy to take the publicity (and money? Not sure if any had changed hands for this) by talking about them. 

In short I am happy to believe they are all as bad as each other. 😂 

Edited by Wordsworth
Adding final summary
  • Like 2

I also wanted to post this, regarding the BBC's interview with Princess Diana in the 1990s:

Princess Diana interview: What did Martin Bashir and the BBC do? - BBC News

Essentially the interviewer falsified documents etc and Diana might never have done the interview if he hadn't. 

William and Harry have both issued statements, I thought it was interesting that William referred to "my" mother while Harry went with "our" mother, suggesting he is still at least trying to produce a united front. 

Prince William condemns BBC ‘deceit’ over Diana interview | BBC | The Guardian

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wordsworth said:

Harry’s gone nuclear with public criticism of the Queen and Prince Charles in this Apple TV series, if what I’ve read is true (I’m not invested enough to listen).

Whether all of his criticism is accurate or not (and I imagine some of it is), you’re  not going to convince me now that Harry wants a quiet life not linked to the royal family. he’s clearly more than happy to take the publicity (and money? Not sure if any had changed hands for this) by talking about them. 

In short I am happy to believe they are all as bad as each other. 😂 

Edited because I felt bad criticizing him while he’s clearly in the middle of some mental health work. But, yeah.

Edited by dixiedoodah