Kath

British Royals

4 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

Edited because I felt bad criticizing him while he’s clearly in the middle of some mental health work. But, yeah.

You’re a better person than me. 😂

I have absolutely no doubt that being a royal is crap at times with unwarranted  press intrusion, but it also comes with a massive amount of privilege that they continue to benefit from, yet don’t appear to recognise. 

• Like 2

jurassic-park-velociraptor-clever-girl.p[

She Is A Velociraptor

May 22, 2021

Blind Gossip] This actress is a Velociraptor.

Her famous husband doesn’t even realize it.

If you have seen the Jurassic Park, you may recall the species of dinosaur called Velociraptor.

The park’s game warden, Robert Muldoon, knows how dangerous Raptors are.

In the opening scene of the movie, his team is tasked with transferring a female Raptor from her cage into the Raptor pen. The gatekeeper opens the gate. Instead of simply exiting the cage, the Raptor jostles the cage, causing the gatekeeper to fall directly in her path.

Muldoon tries to pull the worker out of the jaws of the Raptor. He yells, “Shoooot her!” to the other workers.

Too late. The gatekeeper is lunch.

Later in the movie, Raptor escapes her pen during a power outage. Muldoon goes out to hunt her down.

jurassic-park-robert-muldoon.png

He spots a dinosaur in the distance. As he aims to shoot, the Raptor he has been hunting suddenly appears on his left.

Shocked and surprised by the fact that she has out-strategized and outflanked him, he utters the words, “Clever girl…”

jurassic-park-velociraptor-clever-girl-g

… and then she eats him for lunch.

What makes Velocirapotor so impressive and fearsome is not her size. It is the way that she plans her attack. She strategizes. She misdirects. She plays the long game.

There is an Actress who is a Velociraptor. She is not very big and does not look especially fearsome. But she is strategizing and misdirecting and playing a vicious long game.

She has somehow convinced her husband – who is part of a very famous family – that talking about his personal problems and criticizing his family in public is healthy for him and helpful to others.

Under the guise of caring about him, she has already gotten him to admit things in public that were kept quiet by his family for decades.

This reminds us of a couple of stories we have told you in the past.

There’s the one about a famous son who participated in an particularly problematic binge involving drugs and alcohol. His family allegedly pulled him home and dispatched an entire team to go door to door in a large city to gather any evidence that he had engaged in illegal activity. Then his family made him go through rehab.

Then there’s the one about the famous son who allegedly expressed his anger issues by beating up s*x workers. Those incidents were handled in a way to ensure that the son was not criminally charged and that everyone kept quiet.

So while having a troubled family member usually means solving the problem as quietly as possible, Actress did exactly the opposite. She encouraged her husband to talk about his problems in public. Was this to help him?

No. It was to help her. She set him up for the kill and he went along because he isn’t very bright.

He just admitted to three serious issues (alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and anger issues) in a public forum AND admitted that all of these issues have occurred in the past few years. That was really dumb.

Why?

She can now plausibly claim that he still has these problems and that he has engaged in these same behaviors around her (and the children?).

All it takes is documentation. Diary entries, emails and texts to friends, photos of a hole punched in a wall or a bruised arm, a copy of a letter she gave to him begging him to stop.

That’s not all. She could use his confessions to hurt his family, too.

He has told her how his family bailed him out of bad situations in the past. If she publicly disclosed exactly what he did and what they did, it would mean scandal and legal problems for both him and his family.

The bottom line?

She successfully set him up and he fell for it. She even got him to testify against himself in public. He doesn’t even realize what he’s done.

Now she now has enough leverage against him and his family to do whatever she wants, whenever she wants.

She can keep him in the marriage forever or force a huge settlement from both him and his family whenever she is ready to go.

He thinks that the Velociraptor is his loving partner.

He is actually her lunch.

Stupid boy.

Clever girl.

Similar: Jerkiness And Your First Priority

Couple:

[Optional] What do you think of him/her? What do you think will happen?

Always use real names and keep your comments civil.

• Confused 1

Ugh. I refuse to believe that crap. BG is really super one sided these days, and it's not the side I like....

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

I have never seen the entire 1st movie, nor any of the sequels.....

They are fun popcorn flicks.  First one is my favorite.  Running joke in all the movies:  Do not open the dino cage! ;)

• Thanks 1

Yep, love Universal 😉 I almost wrote in my original post!

The original movie is one of my mom's faves. She has DVD (maybe VHS? 😂) so I've had plenty of chances to see it. I just eventually...leave the room or fall asleep or....and I love Jeff Goldblum too, don't understand. But I cannot get through this movie so I no longer try.

• Like 1

I read the books a million years ago too, another fun quick read.  Loved Goldblum in that film, he cracked me up!

• Like 2

An “exclusive” about William just for you guys. 😂

He and Kate have been in Scotland this week, a fair bit of that time in Edinburgh. One of our football teams made the Scottish cup final last week. Someone I vaguely know had booked (required under covid rules) an area in a bar to watch the final on tv. It got cancelled last minute, pissing them off...news stories subsequently popped up about William watching the final at that bar.

My story is not first hand but...Getting their plans cancelled after everything that’s happened is not really the way to win over the locals, William! 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Baby born to Meghan! They named her Lilibet Diana. I have always loved "Lilibet" but they're gonna call her Lili which I think is way overused these days. I've never liked the name "Diana". Ah well.

(Also I don't like "Archie" as a given name. I hate nicknames as given names - takes away options in life) Lilibet is also a nickname....that they're planning to further shorten. Why not just use effing Elizabeth?? I do not like. I'm old and crotchety 😉

• Like 1

It feels like an intentional turning away from the formality of the royal names. Whatever. I don’t dislike them but I’m honestly a little bored/burned out by the back and forth pettiness. I need to ignore the royals for a while or Charlotte needs to do something extra saucy and bring me back in.

• Like 2

Blame it on Millennials (or GenZ - haven't they just started to have kids?) - use of nicknames as given names is on the rise. And I remembered my sister did it for her middle child (of 3) - named Ellie, no "full name".  Ugh.

https://www.today.com/parents/some-parents-baby-names-are-all-about-nickname-t140434?cid=sm_npd_td_fb_kh&fbclid=IwAR15WsxEJXRMcx6yhxSWNxXBfB8oeNV1VpQhQ2vur9VtRI2PP5rSP72FL_M

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/01 **2**
It appears that the alliterate one got one of the US tabloids not named Kneepads on her side. A recent cover has a headline that just so happens to be a title that is registered and owned by one of their employees. If that movie was made, there would never be a chance for redemption.

What headline??

Today Show just showed footage of First Lady Jill Biden walking & chatting with Duchess of Cambridge in Cornwall - WOW is Kate looking super skinny, I was shocked. I know she's always thin and some of it is just her body type and that she apparently enjoys exercise (of that I am envious!) but it looks like she's stress skinny or other right now. Not good. I hope she's ok.

ETA these stills aren't so bad - the video on the tv looked worse. https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/20210611115122/kate-middleton-teams-up-with-jill-biden-cornwall/1/

Edited by Hoyaheel

4 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Today Show just showed footage of First Lady Jill Biden walking & chatting with Duchess of Cambridge in Cornwall - WOW is Kate looking super skinny, I was shocked. I know she's always thin and some of it is just her body type and that she apparently enjoys exercise (of that I am envious!) but it looks like she's stress skinny or other right now. Not good. I hope she's ok.

ETA these stills aren't so bad - the video on the tv looked worse. https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/gallery/20210611115122/kate-middleton-teams-up-with-jill-biden-cornwall/1/

I saw that clip and I thought the exact same thing. Jill Biden is not a large woman and Kate looked minuscule compared to her. I’ve always thought she was very thin but this was the first time I thought it looked concerning. I’m hoping it’s just the cut of the dress or something, but …

• Like 1

I always hate to bring up appearances - but there were rumors of eating disorders in the past, and it seems like this has been a pretty stressful year for the royal family. I would hate that. I really hope she has help and she's ok. We know the royal family isn't the best about mental health support, right? Perhaps her "middle class" family (ha, again) can give her the support she needs if her husband and his family do not.....

For what it's worth:  I know a psychologist that spent about 1.5 hours talking with Kate one-on-one a few years ago about a charity program.  Psychologist said it was painful to look at Kate as she was so skinny in person, very clearly a eating disorder.  Being a psychologist , they did mention it to one of the support staff and was told they were aware of the problem and were trying to get her help but Kate was only lukewarm about addressing it at the time.

Correction:  psychologist, not psychiatrist (sorry, auto correct got me)

• Sad 2

Kate Middleton was always thin but she lost a lot of weight once she started dating Will. There are a few pictures from right before or just after they started dating and though she is thin she definitely weighed more than she did by the end of university and beyond. You can really see a difference in her face in particular. Also, the camera really does add ten to fifteen pounds as well as a few inches in height. Celebrities that look skinny but normal in photos or on screen look scary skinny in person. I grew up on the west side of Los Angeles so I’ve seen quite a few celebrities in person and I’m always shocked by how tiny (both in weight and height) they are. If they look scary skinny in photos or on screen I can almost guarantee they look even scarier in person. 

• Like 1

I mean, I've followed her on gossip for years, back to early dating years, and I'd say only once or twice before have I seen her (in photos/video) quite this skinny. So this would be on top of the old skinification she did before the wedding....

Just to throw a little fuel on the fire.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 06/26 **5**
The alliterate one is worried about the trip her husband is taking. It is evident by the documents he recently signed that he is not willing to be a commoner. He loves the title. The alliterate one actually went straight up commoner for her portion of the document. Will the husband be seduced into coming back to the home country? Will the one named singer play a part in that?