Kath

British Royals

I think it's more telling that the 1st birth certificate was changed by someone else, NOT Meghan. So whatever she has on the certificate now is what she wants to use. And fakey, leave poor adele out of this mess - what has she done to deserve this???

Fakey is about to go Q*non batshit, isn't he?

• Like 1

Just saw the unveiling of the Diana statue at Kensington Palace. Not listening in (they interupted Today with Hoda & Jenna 😉 ) Funny difference between two - Will undid the rope and they both pulled the fabric off. Will ended up with the rope which he tossed on the ground (for the underlings to deal with, I'm sure) while Harry rolled up the fabric and looked for the proper place to put it (someone took it from him). That just screamed out at me the differences in people (I see those sorts of differences among friends and family too - some people are selfish and some people are helpers....)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

Do I want him to Just. Stop. Talking? Yes

Will I read this book? Probably also yes. 

Totes.

• Like 1

I've been ok with all their other moves - kids books, Netflix & spotify deals, series on mental health - great. A memoir in your 30s? Nope, don't need it. A step too far 😉

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

I won't bother to read the memoir. As with the Scobie book, all the most interesting/ controversial/ salty parts will be discussed in the media so why bother to read it in its entirety?

• Like 2

I agree, BUT - the Scobie book was fun fluff and I did enjoy it! It's gossip, really. A memoir about mental health & personal growth? I don't think will be frothy and fun - so that's my reason not to want to read it 😉 

A 19yr old won the competition to design an emblem for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee. Lovely!

https://www.vam.ac.uk/info/the-platinum-jubilee-emblem-competition

https://vanda-production-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/2021/08/03/08/56/31/55aed738-7f10-426a-a398-78616abe8ee6/Winning-jubilee-emblem.jpg

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

Funny - I saw the gossip that Fergie was defending him, saying he's a wonderful SIL or whatever - I missed the original brouhaha but that is pretty much what I envisioned 🤣 Geez, his wife had just had a kid when he hooked up with Eugenie, right? Or recently enough, at least....

9 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Funny - I saw the gossip that Fergie was defending him, saying he's a wonderful SIL or whatever - I missed the original brouhaha but that is pretty much what I envisioned 🤣 Geez, his wife had just had a kid when he hooked up with Eugenie, right? Or recently enough, at least....

I thought it was the other ones husband that left the pregnant woman…

17 hours ago, dixiedoodah said:

I thought it was the other ones husband that left the pregnant woman…

Ooh, dangit, you're right (I know I've mentioned here I never can remember which princess is which!!!). Great, both of 'em have spouses with wandering eyes.....Guess in that family, you suck it up and get on with it - not a lot of sympathy from anyone else on that topic.....

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

from The Guardian, but it’s everywhere today…

Prince Andrew ‘stonewalled’ requests to cooperate, court documents say

Virginia Roberts Giuffre filed lawsuit against Andrew in New York on Monday accusing him of sexually abusing her

Virginia Roberts Giuffre sued Prince Andrew after the British royal “stonewalled” requests by US federal prosecutors to cooperate with their inquiries into the child sex trafficking crimes of deceased financier Jeffrey Epstein, court documents have described.

Giuffre filed a lawsuit against Andrew in federal court in New York on Monday accusing , him of sexually abusing her at Epstein’s mansion in Manhattan and at other locations in 2001 when she 17, according to court records.

The prince has denied having sex with her, repeatedly in recent years dismissing the allegations against him, either himself or via representatives.

On Tuesday a spokeswoman for Andrew said there was “no comment” when asked to respond to 38-year-old Giuffre’s decision to file the civil suit.

In late 2019, Andrew told the BBC’s Newsnight program that he never had sex with Giuffre, saying: “It didn’t happen” and that he had “no recollection” of ever meeting her.

She has requested a trial by jury after the prince “stonewalled” requests to cooperate, court documents said.

The Press Association news agency has seen material sent to lawyers for Andrew on 19 July which would allow any relevant statute of limitations to be temporarily suspended in the case.

“Again Prince Andrew stonewalled – ignoring [the] plaintiff’s letter and emails without any reply or response, thereby making this action necessary now,” Giuffre‘s court documents state.

It is unclear what powers the US court has to compel Andrew to appear, and in 2020 the then US attorney general, William Barr, said there were no plans to extradite the royal to the US.

Federal investigators in New York have asked Andrew to come forward to talk.

In June 2020 the then US attorney for the southern district of New York, Geoffrey Berman, publicly accused Andrew of trying to “falsely portray himself to the public as eager and willing to cooperate” and said a request to schedule an interview had been repeatedly declined.

Andrew has stepped down from royal duties amid the Epstein sex scandal after his reputation was left in tatters.

Giuffre filed the civil suit on Monday seeking unspecified damages, and the court documents claim she was “lent out for sexual purposes” by convicted sex offender Epstein including while she was still a minor under US law.

Andrew is named as the only defendant in the 15-page suit, brought under New York state’s Child Victims Act, though Epstein and his former girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell are mentioned frequently throughout.

“In this country no person, whether president or prince, is above the law, and no person, no matter how powerless or vulnerable, can be deprived of the law’s protection,” Giuffre’s lawsuit stated.

“Twenty years ago Prince Andrew’s wealth, power, position, and connections enabled him to abuse a frightened, vulnerable child with no one there to protect her. It is long past the time for him to be held to account.”

The lawsuit said that on one occasion, the prince sexually abused her in London at the home of Maxwell, when Epstein, Maxwell and Andrew forced her to have sexual intercourse with the prince against her will.

On another occasion, Andrew sexually abused the plaintiff in Epstein’s New York mansion, the lawsuit said.

Epstein’s one-time girlfriend and business companion Maxwell is in jail in New York awaiting trial accused of procuring underage girls for Epstein.

Epstein was ruled to have killed himself in a New York jail cell in August 2019 as he awaited trial.

He had previously been convicted of child sex abuse offenses in Florida and was arrested in July 2019 and charged with federal child sex trafficking crimes.

• Like 1

I haven't heard anyone talking about whether or not he can be forced, legally, to respond to this lawsuit.....Obviously it looks awful if he squirms out of questioning etc, but I'm sure it would be in his best interest to keep his mouth shut.....

Entertainment Lawyer 2/25/21

Don't believe the hype.  The alliterate one wants nothing to do with her in-laws and is not video chatting with them.  The only way that would happen is if it were a secret recording to be used in a documentary to slam them.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Becoming ‘Very Close’ With Prince William and Duchess Kate, Royal Expert Says

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/prince-harry-meghan-markle-are-close-with-william-kate-middleton/

• Haha 1

Prince Andrew has finally been served court papers over his sex accuser's lawsuit after his police guards and security were initially ordered not to accept them, according to court papers.
  • Haha 1

Entertainment Lawyer 9/17/21

Apparently the world will have to wait a long time to see just how much money was left to this dead royal's illegitimate children.

Prince Philip's will is to remain SECRET for 90 years to protect the 'dignity' of the Queen and 'close members of her family'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9998523/Philip-s-remain-secret-protect-dignity-Queen-High-Court-rules.html

2 hours ago, nickfan said:

So what's the point of having a will? That is dumb!

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the article, but I thought the will was read and distributed but the settlements remain private. So the people who inherited the contents and money know and have been given them- just not the public. 

• Like 4

Yeah, it's like sealing divorce records in court - the couple & their lawyers know what happened but no one else needs to know......As much as the nosy gossip in me would love to know what's in the will, I have no problem with this - and the BRF have done this since Queen Mary at least.....