Kath

British Royals

https://photos.laineygossip.com/articles/meghan-harry-23sept21-0002.jpg

Harry & Meghan in New York today. Gorgeous. But.....

Her pants are too long and her top is too tight (pre-breastfeeding top, maybe? But dang, test that shit out). And Harry's lost quite a bit more hair.......

[I'm not only blaming breastfeeding for the top issue - I've commented in the past on her terrible bras.....]

snaps-24.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=535&

Prince Albert grabs a handful of Sharon Stone at the "No Time to Die" premiere in Monaco.

Damn, check out the caption line. :blink:

• Haha 1

I do not understand for the life of me how they expect people to believe that someone from one of the most privileged families in the world cannot get from point A to point B on a map in months. The story is so impossible to believe it’s actually ridiculous. Why are they keeping up this ridiculous farce. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

This is the "british" royals thread - I've been putting Monaco stuff in the Eurotrash thread 😂

Dang, you're right - should move.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harry's secret mic? Tell-tale wire poking out of prince's pocket suggests he and Meghan may be recording their New York visit as part of multi-million dollar Netflix and Spotify deals

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028007/Wire-poking-Harrys-pocket-suggests-Meghan-recording-trip-Netflix-Spotify.html

48382797-10028007-image-a-20_16325933571

Harry and Meghan become partners at ethical investment firm

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58891522

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have entered the world of finance, becoming partners at a sustainable investment firm in New York City.

Prince Harry and Meghan have joined Ethic, which advises wealthy clients on how to invest their money more sustainably, prioritising issues like climate change and human rights.

The couple had already invested in Ethic, which manages $1.3bn of assets.

The firm said the royals would help it "reach many millions around the globe".

In an exclusive interview with the New York Times, former actor Meghan said: "From the world I come from, you don't talk about investing, right? You don't have the luxury to invest. That sounds so fancy."

But she added: "My husband has been saying for years, 'Gosh, don't you wish there was a place where, if your values were aligned like this, you could put your money to that same sort of thing?'"

Harry told the newspaper he hoped the couple could encourage more - particularly young - people to invest their money sustainably.

[see link for full story]

• Haha 1

Meghan said: "From the world I come from, you don't talk about investing, right? You don't have the luxury to invest. That sounds so fancy."

Errrr, the world of private girl's school followed by NorthWestern entirely funded by daddy?  I'm absolutely sure investing was talked about at some of those places.

4 hours ago, Kath said:

Errrr, the world of private girl's school followed by NorthWestern entirely funded by daddy?  I'm absolutely sure investing was talked about at some of those places.

I went to a fancy high school and a good private college and no, investing was NOT spoken about. Surely many people's parents were DOING it, but you didn't talk about it.

Interesting. I attended similar and investing WAS spoken about, never directly (= never, "mum just bought 10,000 shares of IBM at $34.67") but indirectly ("Oh, Heather's new convertible? Apparently her dad made a killing on Microsoft" or "Yeah, Ushi's family lives in a condo now but before they lost a lot of money in the 1987 market thingy, they were in a mansion!")  In any case, the idea that folks in Meghan's world (private school and university) didn't talk about investing because it was too fancy is ludicrous.

Edited by Kath

We knew whose parents worked for Aramco and which kids had famous parents or places with pools in their penthouses, but I really don't remember specific conversations. Ah well. Ironically - finding out more NOW at reunions and zoom happy hours these past couple years than I did when I was in high school.🤣 We lost a classmate a few years ago who was the BEST with insider gossip - I miss him so much! (Not for these salacious reasons, but because he was a really good person who died way too young) 

But I was at boarding school so perhaps it was a little different - removed from the trappings of people's houses, everyone's daily life was homogenized in the woods in Connecticut.....[also, WASPs really don't like to talk about money]

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/06 **3**
From someone who speaks to the alliterate one on a near daily basis, there is a lot of tension in the couple right now because he would like to spend Christmas at home and wants her to come too. The alliterate one doesn't want to go, and thinks her husband should stay at home with his family and not the people that supposedly abused him.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/13 **1**
There were multiple veterans at an event this week that had to be restrained when they told the ginger haired one to go back home.

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 11/15 **2**
As a follow up to the ginger haired one being told to go home by veterans. The reason for it was because they didn't want to be part of the dog and pony show which clearly became evident with all the camera and sound guys running around. Someone then asked a veteran to word something differently. That is when they lost it and told him to go back to his own country. Do you think that will make the special?

EXCLUSIVE: Harry and Meghan raised less than $50,000 for their Archewell charity in its first year, spending MORE money on legal fees to dissolve their original 'Sussex Royal' UK foundation, IRS filings reveal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10353787/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markles-Archewell-charity-raised-50-000-2020.html

Bet he’s not sweating now.

Guessing some of the money he got from selling the Swiss ski chalet this month (which he was also getting sued over) will be offered up as a settlement. 

Such a shame. /s

Prince Andrew loses military roles and use of HRH title; Queen also strips royal patronages from duke, who will fight US sexual assault lawsuit as private citizen

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jan/13/veterans-ask-queen-to-strip-prince-andrew-of-honorary-military-titles

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't think there is a good outcome here for him (as there shouldn't be) and it's easy to see why he tried so hard to prevent the trial. Settlement looks bad, and heaven knows a trial isn't going to look good, no matter what the outcome.

Lainey had a funny/good point in her coverage yesterday - they waited until the judge decided a trial could move ahead before taking away his titles & patronages, showing they WOULD have allowed status quo if not pushed to it. And they were pushed into it because can you imagine the joy of the plaintiff's attorneys if they got to say "His Royal Highness Prince Andrew" at the start of ALL of their statements in court?? Ah, the schadenfreude is overwhelming..... 

Specifically because the “HRH” is so important to the British royals, so treasured, so esteemed, they don’t want it dragged into a courtroom where the case is about whether or not the Queen’s son raped a girl when she was 17-years-old. Because can you imagine Virginia’s lawyers, every other sentence, in their opening statements being all like, “HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE ANDREW sexually assaulted Virginia Roberts Giuffre and participated in the dead rapist pedophile Jeffrey Epstein’s sex-trafficking operation. We will prove that HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE ANDREW did in fact rape Virginia. We will show photos and phone call logs and videos (whatever evidence) that HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE ANDREW knew that Epstein was a sex-trafficker and a rapist”. They would have dragged that HRH through some sh-t. 

• Like 3

According to the BBC they can’t actually “take away” the HRH bit, but the agreement is he will no longer use it - which is the same with Harry. I wonder if there’s still scope for others to refer to it anyway? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-59993936

There’s no good outcome for him, and I assume he’s now guaranteed that his daughters won’t get to keep the ‘royal’ treatment he wanted for them if/when Charles’s slimline monarchy comes to pass. 

• Like 1

If true, I'm guessing that's a donation to the charity, not personal income.

How/why did Fakey turn MAGA and monarchist???

family-of-four-mother-father-son-daughte

Family Stunt Is Being Planned

March 29, 2022

[Blind Gossip] You may have noticed that for the past few years, this actress has presented excuse after excuse as to why she can’t travel.

It’s not that she can’t travel.

She can. And she does. A lot.

She has moved several times, including between countries. She has no problem hopping on a plane to see friends or to attend significant social events where she can be seen.

The travel limitations only seem to suddenly kick in when it comes to visiting family.

She’s pregnant. Or she’s given birth. Or she is tending to the child/ren. Or she is concerned about Covid. Or concerned about security. Or whatever.

While she and her famous husband appear to have been nothing but royal pains to both of their families, they love to talk as if they are all about family and happiness and positivity.

Similar to Will Smith spouting some word salad about how he is a vessel for love five minutes after smacking Chris Rock across the face, the words and the actions of our couple just don’t match up.

Yet our couple is so image conscious that they are not above starting their own rumors to make themselves look happy and successful and busy and important.

Yes, they started that rumor about being asked to present at [a recent televised event].

It was a lie, just like the last time they started that same rumor.

Oh, boy.

Anyway, we hear that they are planning yet another publicity stunt!

Apparently, this one will involve the family. They will be playing up to some relatives on his side whom they have treated badly in the past.

They absolutely need to keep that association with his family. They know they are nothing without it. To that end, they are working on a way to keep that association forever.

The gesture has to signal that they are being respectful and genuinely care about the family. However, they will be the only ones deriving any benefit from it.

The scheming never seems to stop with these two!

Similar: The Noisy Spotlight

Couple:

[Optional] From your perspective, are they happy and successful? Always use real names and keep your comments civil.