Kath

British Royals

On 5/16/2022 at 2:19 PM, Hoyaheel said:

Dang, those tweets are limited - can't see @kevthewright 

Ah, he must have limited his account when the tweet took off, as they were public at first. 

• Like 1

ITN YT channel livestreamed the Trooping today if you're interested - hopefully will be more over the weekend. The Today Show has been showing some stuff this morning, I've watched a bit on livestream but not all. I'm more interested in the jewels, which I follow on The Court Jeweller

grandmother-and-child.png

That One Photo

June 3, 2022

[Blind Gossip] With all the drama surrounding this couple, you would think that the last thing on their mind would be a photo op.

But it is!

They are not producing the kind of content that justifies a big payday. They need help. They were pretty much ordered to go to [his family event] and get content.

Despite whatever restrictions are officially in place, very specific content must be captured (video, photos, stories).

There is actually a list of content needed. It includes one specific photo.

So it’s not, “We’re here for family!”

It’s, “We’re here for content!”

When it comes to that content, we note two details.

First, since their own film crew has been restricted, Our Couple will have to seek out ways to get filmed in public. This, of course, is in direct contradiction to their previous demands for both privacy and security.

Second, the emphasis on securing one particular photo is interesting.

There already exists photos and video of them with the whole family from prior years. More would have been nice but not necessary.

The one unique photo they absolutely need is of [Elderly Relative with Child]. Their trip is practically all about that one photo.

The photo that everyone thought they were aiming for is actually not the most important photo.

How will they get “that one photo”?

One discussion was about holding [a religious ceremony] that would practically force his relatives to attend.

That’s creative. Unfortunately, it sounds like it didn’t pan out.

As of a couple of weeks ago, they were unable to secure a suitable venue. I am not sure if it was simply a scheduling issue or if they were deliberately blocked from booking the venue.

So they will have to find another way to get “that one photo.”

In addition to video and photos, they were also instructed to obtain material for stories.

They need to have actual, in-person communications with family members so they can create story lines and relay the tone and content of those conversations to their audience.

Some members of his family are apparently wise to this and are avoiding personal contact.

It seems rather strange to strategize about a family gathering in terms of photo ops and gathering content, but that is Our Couple’s new reality.

Literally.

Although some may call the content “documentary” in nature, that is merely a high-brow description. This is reality television. Like all reality shows, they must constantly produce compelling visuals and dramatic content. They need the content from this trip.

Let’s see how our reality stars fare in obtaining content… including “that one photo”!

Similar: He Dives Head First

Couple:

[Optional] What do you think of Our Couple? Should his family be doing more to cooperate/help them? Always use real names and keep your comments civil.

If Harry’s granny loves him as much as it appears she does, he could always just ask her for a family snap and whip out his iPhone, right? 

Entertainment Lawyer 6/3/22

Much like the royal pedophile's COVID, there is also another ruse. According to several employees at the streaming service, their well laid plans have been hindered because the woman they wanted to film and scheduled to film by staking out locations, got wind of it which is why she keeps making excuses for not showing up to events honoring her.

I feel this is BS the british tabloids have been moaning on about for weeks. I doubt completely they ever thought to film for netflix there. You can't just film and air shit, you need people to sign releases. Please. So no, I don't believe either of these biased "blinds".

• Like 2

Andrew faking COVID so he thinks it doesn't look as bad as being forbidden to attend? That part is true 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Blindgossip has been as transparently anti-Meghan and Harry as Celebitchy has been anti-Kate and William. They’re a conservative outlet. They’ve done some political blinds about democrats too that were none too flattering while often ignoring bad behavior from republicans. 

I 100% believe Andrew faked COVID as a way of explaining his absence at the Jubilee events as though we don’t all know that he’s been forbidden to go by everyone other than the Queen, who has a real blind spot when it comes to him. I don’t think Blind Gossip has any inside intel on this, though. It’s just really obvious.

I loved Meghan’s outfit at the Trooping of the Guard (from the pictures through the window). I thought her hat was much prettier than Kate’s (can’t help comparing because they’re the same colors). I’m in the minority on the St. Paul’s service fashion because I didn’t like the cream coat outfit Meghan wore. The outfit was fine but I don’t think it flatters her at all. I did like the yellow dress Kate wore (it is flattering on her), though I’m always struck by how thin she looks. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if I believe the BIs to this degree, but do think there is some truth to this.  After the Oprah interview, the family knows anything they say to Harry and Meg could be used against them in public.  I would avoid them too.  But I sure will watch the Netflix documentary when it does finally come out.  :D

Agreed Andrew faked COVID.  He's not dumb.

I'm loving the outfits and jewelry.  Added bonus the kid funny faces in photos. Queen looks great for 95.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princess said:

Entertainment Lawyer 6/3/22

Much like the royal pedophile's COVID, there is also another ruse. According to several employees at the streaming service, their well laid plans have been hindered because the woman they wanted to film and scheduled to film by staking out locations, got wind of it which is why she keeps making excuses for not showing up to events honoring her.

The Queen is not refusing to go to things because of Netflix. Duty has been her life. She’s not going to things - her favourite pastimes like horse races - because she’s in her 90s and clearly increasingly frail. 

Andrew is totally faking though. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am in love with Duchess of Gloucester's pearls from today. MONSTERS, she's always stunning and her jewelry rocks. I've read Celebitchy but they remain too mean for me, the comments at least. The blog Court Jeweler - my pandemic addiction - has been a happy space to discuss all the jewelry, and a little bit of the clothing. There's a royal hat blog too I like! 

• Like 1

I've never been much of a fan for Kate's outfits, but she sure seems to be stepping it up last few weeks.  Really loving the yellow dress:

kate_middleton_prince_william_service_of

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

If I find the video elsewhere I'll post, but Omid Scobie posted a video on Twitter of Louis being a little brat (a cute brat!) with Kate at the pageant today.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1533503196408303616?t=2FD9V9k_sntaGeBycHVAoQ&s=19

There’s a video of Charles bouncing him on his knee along with the music somewhere as well. I’m not usually into the “second son is a mischievous scamp compared to the heir” narrative that the British press usually force on royal kids, but George does always seem serious and even a little nervous compared to his sibs. 

• Like 2

This article has lots of pictures. As a mom, I’m struck by how much those kids had to sit through over a relatively short time. Looks like they managed to hold it together pretty well. I also like how close they always seem to be with the other kids in the extended family. It’s a weird fishbowl, but I hope they are getting a little bit of a normal life, as much as possible. 

https://apple.news/APMTceIQDRzip1T1FmJx0QA

also, this video, which I have not seen before, when she sits back the first time, you just know what’s going through her head

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

This photo is TOO much. Captioned like it's a football match 😂 I do think the kids were amazing considering how stressful (good and bad) the past few days have been. These kids don't get a ton of exposure like this (some other royal kids have been out more frequently). I think it was good and bad - it was fun to see the kids, kids WILL do and say the darndest things and the videos & photos are great because of that. But yeah, I feel for them. I agree I love to see the relationships of all the cousins and (2nd? onec removed?) cousins. It's nice they're of similar ages to get along and enjoy each others' company - 2 generations. Edward & Sophie's kids in an akward in between ages - I hope they aren't always stuck as babysitters but get to have fun on their own. Just not sure which group they'd get to hang with? (I was a weird kid - mostly an only child and not near cousins, most who were a LOT younger - I hung out with my parents' friends a lot, but then I got along better with adults than kids)

• Like 1

Watching ABC version of concert - I think it's cute! I love to see Prince George singing along with Rod Stewart (inexplicably singing Neil Diamond? Why?) Prince William and Kate were shown singing along too.

Despite being British and it dominating our tv screens for 3 days, I didn’t actually watch any of it (had work and a wedding plus the French open to watch!) - but  I did read somewhere that  Rod sang the queen’s favourite song, so perhaps that’s by Neil Diamond 😂 

• Like 1

I just recorded a couple of things on tv here, watched youtube videos of a couple things (esp after reading bitchy comments elsewhere, had to go back and watch the balcony at the Trooping to see Kate "refuse" to move from next to the Queen, then the balcony after the pageant when William refused to move next to the queen and Kate - with Louis- had to squeeze behind him. Charles had similarly blocked Camilla (tight passage, with the columns) but he moved out of the way, ushered Camilla into place, then moved back himself.) There were rumors they wanted a photo where Kate could be photoshopped out 😶

• Haha 2

The Tindalls love ABBA! (these are the TIndall girls, right? Not Philips?)

I don't usually like Mike Tindall but making the baby dance to ABBA is adorable