Kath

British Royals

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Blind Item #12

Many of the charity scenes that were shot prior to the death of the royal, make the royal look bad, so there need to be changes or reshoots with charities here in the US. The consensus right now is there will be two seasons. One will consist of the charity sporting games which have nothing controversial in them. It is hoped then they will get the titles the covet and then can release the dirt in a second season to coincide with the new release date of the book.

Posted by ent lawyer at 11:30 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 09/28 **12**
The battles raging between the alliterate one and her husband over the direction of some podcast episodes and his book, are epic. There are other people involved which is giving brand new insights into the relationship or the destruction of it.

On 9/30/2022 at 9:15 PM, princess said:

Thursday, September 29, 2022

Blind Item #12

Many of the charity scenes that were shot prior to the death of the royal, make the royal look bad, so there need to be changes or reshoots with charities here in the US. The consensus right now is there will be two seasons. One will consist of the charity sporting games which have nothing controversial in them. It is hoped then they will get the titles the covet and then can release the dirt in a second season to coincide with the new release date of the book.

Posted by ent lawyer at 11:30 AM

Are they suggesting it would make the Queen look bad? Or are there 2 different “the royal” here?

I don’t buy that Harry would have gone after Gran.

Dad? Sure. Brother? Definitely. But Gran? No. She was his best hope of getting what he wanted IMO. 

Agree, but also, thought netflix was only about Invictus, so what all about the british royals is going to be there? What did Fakey get to be co-opted by the british tabloids like this?

This is from a Vogue piece remembering her photo shoots with the queen.
https://www.vogue.com/article/annie-leibovitz-remembers-photographing-queen-elizabeth-ii/amp?fbclid=IwAR0pgeq9qlWMkjbgD597lDrw0z90fF4OpkBmkiijLgB4DNJ0JH7P4E4VoRg

This is my favorite part. I’ve always liked this “simple” family photo and I like it even more with the back story:

And then, ten years later, we get this other call. I asked for Balmoral and they said no, Windsor. This time, she had ideas for the shoot. She wanted her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and Princess Anne and her corgis. Probably the most endearing sitting on that shoot with her was with the grandchildren. They were running around calling her “gran” or “granny.” It was chaotic and we asked if she would let Princess Charlotte sit on her lap. And she said, “But I’ll get all black and blue”—because at the time Charlotte was a terror. Mia Tindall [another great-granddaughter] wouldn’t even get in the picture. She was running around and finally the Queen gave her her purse and Mia started going through it and walked back into the picture and we quickly took a couple of frames.

Photographed by Annie Leibovitz
The queen with two of her grandchildren (James, Viscount Severn and Lady Louise) and five of her great-grandchildren (Mia Tindall, Princess Charlotte, Savannah Phillips, Prince George, and Isla Phillips), in the Green Drawing Room at Windsor in 2016.
Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 2

I will watch eventually but I feel I've read all the juicy bits already 😉 We had vacation last week, I've been in a conference this week (using all the data I saved from not being here). I don't think hubs will want to watch with me, so I need time when he's not around too, so....I haven't watched S5 of The Crown yet either, though the bad reviews have definitely pushed it lower on my viewing/data priority list 😉 

I've watched the first 4 episodes.  Getting tired of hearing about their great love and how it's just them against the world.  :vomit2:   But they do cover some interesting background on themselves and the royal family.  Lots of photos/videos I haven't seen before. 

In my personal life when couples go on and on about how in love they are and everything on their social media seems great, that usually means they are about to break up.  Half of me wonders if that's what this is :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really really really want to like Meghan and Harry because I am opposed to the idea of monarchy. I think the British monarchy (and probably all monarchies, I just don't know as much about the other ones to comment) are toxic, not only for the people they "represent" but also for the members of the monarchy itself. I think Meghan was a victim of racism from the family, the media, and the general public. All of that can be true and she and Harry both can be some of the most out of touch entitled people on the planet at the same time. Meghan is so inauthentic and no matter how much I want to like her, I just can't because it's clear she isn't being honest a lot of the time. Does she really expect anyone to believe that she didn't know who Prince Harry was, that she decided to go on a date with him based on his instagram profile and his pictures of Africa? It would be ludicrous in anyone's case, but it's especially unbelievable for someone whose stated goal was to become rich and famous. At one point she also says that she thought the main takeaway from her interview with Oprah would be her struggle with depression, and she was shocked that everyone was focused on the allegations of racism. 🙄 These are just two examples but there are many other unbelievable things that she said throughout the documentary.

Harry, on the other hand, is extremely authentic, which is charming at some points and off-putting at others because he is authentically entitled and self unaware. He thinks very highly of himself and his journey to self discovery but he's not as far along in that journey as he thinks he is. I agree with @princess that when a couple has to try this hard to sell their love as the greatest love story in history, it indicates that the relationship isn't on very solid ground. If you listen to couples who have been together for decades and who are clearly secure in their love and their relationship, they're not afraid to admit that being in a relationship is hard work, that they have disagreements and that there are difficult times caused not just by environmental factors but also internal factors as well, and that is part of their story. I don't think that Harry and Meghan are headed for imminent divorce, and it's entirely likely they'll never split, but I'm not convinced of their current happiness nor am I convinced that even if they are happy now that they'll be happy in the long term.

Edited by witchkitten

I only just started watching yesterday. I was waiting for my daughter to get back from school. I basically agree with what witchkitten said. All of the bad stuff can be true, but they can also be exasperating. At least in his case, I feel like because of his insulation, it is nearly impossible for him to be really self aware this early in the “freedom” but I give him credit for trying so hard. And I think she would be more like able if she were a little more honest,  it I think some of that comes from the intense defensiveness. She’s obviously a very smart and ambitious (in a positive way) woman who, in the grand scheme of things, wants a nice life that makes things better for others when possible.

I honestly wish them nothing but the best. I will say that a lot of the constant nagging doubt I have of them (and i have a lot) gets lessened every time I read something like the Jeremy Clarkson article in the Sun. That was absolutely vile. What on earth has she done that is remotely worse than a serial killer who murdered her own stepdaughter. And the violent misogyny just so out in the open in a national publication by a public figure who was just with Camila. Makes me really think about how much damage this current reign will do to the royals overall. Goodwill for that very tiny old woman really held off a LOT of shit.

• Like 1

Harry and Meghan’s next Netflix docuseries will drop on New Year’s Eve

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/20/entertainment/harry-meghan-netflix-docuseries-intl-scli/index.html

...Dropping December 31, the series will feature interviews with several familiar and famous faces, from New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern and South African rugby player Siya Kolisi, to the late United States Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

In a statement, the streaming giant summarized the seven-part series as “extraordinary” leaders reflecting on their lives, while highlighting the “fundamental values, daily disciplines and guiding principles that leaders employ to motivate others and create meaningful change.”

I shouldn't be surprised - they were quite generous with the "airbrushing" for ERII as well. But damn - did they take the pics from his 40th birthday? 😂

I just made sugarplums (for a solstice bonfire tonight at a neighbor's house) and watched Harry & Meghan episode 1. I like it. I love seeing all the photos & video from their personal collection. For nothing else (I am a gossip voyeuse, after all 😉) it's worth it! It's probably a little much, but I understand their rationale for how & why they did it this way.

Popbitch

>> Queen shit <<
The jobs she left behind

There were all sorts of trinkets and tat made to commemorate the passing of the Queen, but some Popbitch readers have told us about extra special royal mementos they know of – the type that money can't buy...

* Someone who once worked at the West Yorkshire Playhouse claims to have salvaged a short curly hair from the toilet that Liz used during a visit many years ago, keeping it in a matchbox and showing it to guests at parties.

* There's a story from the RAF about the Queen's reserved loo in her 32nd Squadron jet. It's said that ground crew once pumped the cistern with liquid oxygen instead of the usual disinfectant. The outcome: a perfectly preserved frozen Royal turd that went on display in the crew room.

* A reader's father, once aboard the Royal Yacht Britannia as a guest of the former Sultan of Oman, says he ended up drinking with the crew late that night and was told that they kept one of the Queen's poos in a jar on the back bar.

6 hours ago, princess said:

Prince Harry makes series of sensational claims in new memoir

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64179164

Anyone plan on buying the book??

I'm not going to buy it but I already have the digital version on hold at my library. I'm number one in the queue so I'll be getting it the day it's released. 

I will buy it, but currently am thinking I'll try to get at Costco (it's not on their website, but was in the magazine last month so am hoping it will be in the store). Otherwise, I'll try to get it online at the library, not sure if they'll get it though. But yes, I will read it. I read the excerpts in the news, but want to read it in context as that helps me figure out intent a little better....

I've put a hold on my library for this.  I'm about 260th in line for 40 available copies :D 

I refuse to spend $ on it, but I will read it when I can.

• Like 1

Entertainment Lawyer

The one thing about the ginger haired one's timeline about the Nazi costume is that when it happened, his brother and his future wife were on a break. She was hooking up with the other roommate. So, even if you believed the ginger haired one could be talked into it, which he couldn't, his timeline is all wrong.

Anyone check the math on this??

12 hours ago, princess said:

Entertainment Lawyer

The one thing about the ginger haired one's timeline about the Nazi costume is that when it happened, his brother and his future wife were on a break. She was hooking up with the other roommate. So, even if you believed the ginger haired one could be talked into it, which he couldn't, his timeline is all wrong.

Anyone check the math on this??

I don’t think that is right based on googling just now, sources including the Daily Mail suggest the party was 2005 and Kate and William’s break (or at least the known one) was 2007. https://people.com/celebrity/prince-william-kate-middleton-split-up/

That said, it doesn’t seem like everything was roses in 2005 https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a25661497/prince-william-said-no-when-asked-about-marrying-kate-middleton-in-2005/.

That’s the thing that’s been really interesting to me on this book stuff from a pure gossip perspective - and it’s something I knew from my love of blind items, but has been even more obvious here because of the profile of the source - is how easy false narratives can be uncritically accepted on the internet. 

I’ve seen people insistent Harry says William went to the same party as a “native” in blackface, when I understand he actually says he went in a leotard, as a lion. 

Teenager and I have watched the Netflix show while she was home on break. She wanted to read the book too. I used one of my audible credits for myself, but she wanted the print version to take back to school and share with her roommates. I ordered it online for in-store pickup and we went to my small suburban DC store today. The lady at the counter said they had 65 preorders and she said basically everyone who came to check out today either bought a copy or was picking up a hold. We saw a bunch of people picking them up from the in store display. It was definitely the hot commodity in my local shop.

• Like 1