Kath

British Royals

I think Harry is really starting to age like his grandfather, Prince Phillip, aged. The photos where his mouth is pursed or in an "O" shape especially - that's Phillip's mouth! Which is to say, one of the more attractive sides of the family in terms of aging. Charles is so-so - William I don't think is aging as well as either his father or his brother. He's got more of the heavy Windsor/Hanover face. (the balding has NEVER bothered me - my husband has been shaving his head almost since we met, at my encouragement).

https://www.celebitchy.com/810302/prince_harry_took_notes_in_a_small_black_notebook_while_anls_lawyer_spoke/

I have a very dull project I'm working on for work, so I've been listening to The Armchair Expert podcast episode that has Harry while I work.  Only about 20 mins into the podcast so far, but I'll finish listening today.  The first time I heard Harry say shit I actually LOL. :D

8 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I think Harry is really starting to age like his grandfather, Prince Phillip, aged. The photos where his mouth is pursed or in an "O" shape especially - that's Phillip's mouth! Which is to say, one of the more attractive sides of the family in terms of aging. Charles is so-so - William I don't think is aging as well as either his father or his brother. He's got more of the heavy Windsor/Hanover face. (the balding has NEVER bothered me - my husband has been shaving his head almost since we met, at my encouragement).

https://www.celebitchy.com/810302/prince_harry_took_notes_in_a_small_black_notebook_while_anls_lawyer_spoke/

Agreed. I never really got the “Harry is illegitimate” thing because from the time he was just past little boyhood, I thought he looked exactly like Philip in his younger years photos.  One of the stronger family resemblances, actually. Williams eyes have the look of Diana, but I think the rest of his face is not like her the older he gets. It’s like his face grew into a totally different shape after about 18.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 9:35 AM, princess said:

I have a very dull project I'm working on for work, so I've been listening to The Armchair Expert podcast episode that has Harry while I work.  Only about 20 mins into the podcast so far, but I'll finish listening today.  The first time I heard Harry say shit I actually LOL. :D

Finished listening.  He comes off very well, even if it's clear he has a few blind spots (to be fair, we all do).  His cheeky bragging when he used a US word instead of the UK word was very charming.

1 hour ago, Hoyaheel said:

Yes, William in prep school and college looked on a VERY different trajectory than where he is now. 

If you ask me it was never the face, it was the hair (or lack thereof). 

I wonder if I’ll get arrested for treason now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He looks like a bulldog to me, so for me it's face. Different strokes for different folks! (I will say - he's not the best example of bald - my husband and my boss are extremely attractive bald men with lovely faces & head shapes).

Harry's hair is VERY thin now, but he doesn't have the jowly hanoverian face. Again like Philip - he'll probably go angular and hawkish instead of jowly and bulldogy 🙂

But wait, I came here because I just saw  KCIII is breaking tradition and inviting monarchs to his coronation!! King Philippe & Queen Mathilde of Belgium announced to have received invitations (no response from them yet 😉

I think William looks a lot less like Diana as he ages but I still think he has a lot of her features, particularly her eyes and nose. The baldness (which doesn't suit him at all) and general aging (which Diana, sadly, didn't get to do much of), and the wider Windsor jawline (Queen Elizabeth also had a wider fuller lower face too) makes him less attractive than Diana and obscures her features. 

I never though Harry looked much like either of his parents but then while watching his Netflix documentary they showed a younger picture of Charles (in his 20s, I think) and I finally saw the resemblance between him and Harry. They have different noses but their eyes are placed and shaped very similarly. Both of them have narrow eyes that are super close together and I think maybe their mouths are similar too. Philip had a narrow face but I don't think his eyes are as close together as Charles' or Harry's so this features is distinctly from Charles.

I think Charles has actually aged fairly well. His problem is that he was never physically attractive so he's not particularly attractive as he ages either, but I think he's less unattractive compared to other men his age now than he was when he was in his 20s and 30s. The gap has narrowed over time but he's still not attractive. He's very lucky not to have lost his hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Prince Harry to Attend King Charles and Queen Camilla's Coronation Without Meghan Markle

The Duchess of Sussex is staying in California with her two children, where they'll celebrate Prince Archie's birthday during the coronation weekend

https://people.com/royals/prince-harry-will-attend-king-charles-coronation-without-meghan-markle/?hid=63da545c75ebaab7c87364cb9e9c4509767e5159&did=8838079-20230412&utm_campaign=ppl-breakingnews_relationship-builder&utm_source=ppl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=041223&lctg=63da545c75ebaab7c87364cb9e9c4509767e5159

Identity of 'racist' royal accidentally revealed in Dutch edition of bombshell book, sales abruptly halted

https://pagesix.com/2023/11/28/royal-family/identity-of-racist-royal-accidentally-revealed-in-dutch-book/

Book: Prince Charles questioned complexion of Harry and Meghan’s baby

https://pagesix.com/2021/11/28/book-prince-charles-questioned-skin-tone-of-harry-meghan-baby/

On Nov. 27, 2017, the engagement of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was announced at 5 a.m. A few hours later, Prince Charles sat down for breakfast and mused to his wife, Camilla, “I wonder what the children will look like?”

Camilla was “somewhat taken aback” by the question and replied, “Well, absolutely gorgeous, I’m certain.”

Lowering his voice, Charles asked: “I mean, what do you think their children’s complexion might be?”

This is according to a well-placed source who contributed to Christopher Andersen’s book “Brothers And Wives: Inside The Private Lives of William, Kate, Harry and Meghan” (Gallery), out Nov. 30.

I feel like we learned this awhile ago. I know this news just broke about the translated book, but I already knew this information and I don’t remember why I know it, but somewhere along the way this has come out. At some point, maybe they were trying to do damage control after the interview and wanted people to think all this was a harmless conversation just like, what are the grandkids gonna look like, who will they favour, will they be gingers, that kind of thing.

I have no idea how the conversation really went down, but I remember thinking that the palace version that came out after the interview sounded a lot more benign than what was said during the Oprah interview, so whichever side you were on there was a version that worked for you. 

• Like 1

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/17 **7**
Apparently, there was a problem with a risky pregnancy which is why the emergency surgery was needed, not planned. The ginger haired one reached out to someone about going over because of all the health emergencies, but you know who said nope to that. You know who also tried to buy a house but had to settle for renting a place in Los Angeles, because she didn't qualify for the loan.

I’m no doctor, but the woman has been in public non stop and has had three children. I can’t think of a single pregnancy related surgery that would be both planned, and occur when she was so newly pregnant as to not be showing, that would require 14 days in hospital.  I tend to suspect it’s something else and pregnancy is just always the go to guess with Kate. I also am willing to admit I know nothing. It must be relatively serious for that length of time, so I wish her the best. I see a lot of speculating about cosmetic work, but I’d think that would be done much more discreetly. They had to know this would cause a lot of talk.

I can’t think of anything planned that’s pregnancy related that would cause her to be in the hospital that long or require that long of a recovery. Even the emergency pregnancy situations I can think of (except those very close to birth or while giving birth) wouldn’t require that long of a hospitalization or recovery and the ones I can think of that happen further along in a pregnancy are all emergencies. I also don’t think she eats enough to get pregnant at her age. She is painfully thin. 

Edited by witchkitten
  • Like 2

Charles has cancer and Harry is flying in.

King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says

Just now

By Sean CoughlanRoyal correspondent

Getty Images King Charles leaves hospitalGetty Images

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.

It is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The type of cancer has not been revealed, but the palace said the King began "regular treatments" on Monday.

Buckingham Palace says the King "remains wholly positive about his treatment". He will postpone his public engagements, with senior royals expected to stand in for him.

The King "looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible", the palace said.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

The King informed both his sons personally about his diagnosis and Prince William was said to be in regular contact with his father.

Prince Harry, who lives in the United States, spoke to his father and will be travelling to the UK to see him in the coming days.

The King, 75, returned to London from Sandringham in Norfolk on Monday morning and the palace says he has commenced treatment as an outpatient.

Although he will pause his public events, the King will continue with his constitutional role as head of state, including paperwork and private meetings.

There is a constitutional mechanism for when the head of state is unable to carry out official duties - in that circumstance "counsellors of state" can be appointed to stand in for the monarch.

At present that includes Queen Camilla, Prince William, Princess Anne and Prince Edward, with Prince Harry and Prince Andrew no longer to be called on as non-working royals.

Prince William had also temporarily withdrawn from public engagements while he helped his wife Catherine, the Princess of Wales, as she recovered from "abdominal surgery".

But it was announced earlier on Monday he would return to public duties later this week.

Also, for our historical record, adding in information about this story. The palace denies it, the reporter stands by her sources.

William has been keeping busy amid controversy that has rocked the palace. Following Middleton’s surgery, journalist Concha Calleja alleged on the popular Spanish news program Fiesta that the princess was in a coma due to health complications, the UK Sunday Times reported.

“The doctors had to make drastic decisions at that moment because of the complications that arose,” Calleja claimed, as reported by the outlet. “The decision was to put her in an induced coma. They had to intubate her. There were serious complications that they didn’t expect because the operation went well, but the post-operative period didn’t go so well.”

The outlet noted that Calleja alleged that the 42-year-old was at one point in “great danger” and “practically an entire hospital” was set up at her home. Other Spanish outlets reported Calleja’s claims.

Soon after, a palace source vehemently denied the report, calling it “total nonsense.”

“No attempt was made by that journalist to fact-check anything that she said with anyone in the household,” the source told the outlet. “It’s fundamentally, totally made-up, and I’ll use polite English here: It’s absolutely not the case.”

A spokesperson for Kensington Palace and Calleja did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s requests for comment.

The gossip on twitter (and celeb*tchy) is getting unhinged. Intimate partner violence, coma, possibly died yesterday at Sandringham (many british media wore black and had been crying - but not about Charles/cancer, about Kate dying?) Harry coming to UK not about Charles/cancer but about being regent for George as William won't take throne if/when Charles dies. I mean, I love to read a good conspiracy theory too, but yikes.

• Haha 1

Prince William bails on event with Queen Camilla for ‘personal reasons,’ Kate Middleton ‘doing well’ after surgery

https://pagesix.com/2024/02/27/royal-family/prince-william-bails-on-royal-event-for-personal-reasons/

I call bullshit.  I'm thinking more complications from her surgery.  I know those with eating disorders have a hard time recovering from surgery....

• Like 1

This is one of those times that I think there’s fire through all of that smoke. This feels like kind of a significant thing to miss. It’s totally weird that she hasn’t been even propped up for a photo in two full months. Maybe she feels like crap, but a proof of life photo… the Queen was taking photos literally hours before her actual death. They are very aware of the rumors and the fact that they haven’t even come out with a staged photo reading a book to the kids while lying in bed or something is sketch. I’m not sure what’s happening, but it’s not nothing.  

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 3