Sign in to follow this  
HoneyBunny

Just Wright

Over Memorial Day weekend, I wanted to beat the heat of my un-airconditioned apartment and see something good. But I had few options to choose from. -_-

Hear hyper kids with Shrek 3-D, oh and did I mention I hate sequels!?!, Iron Man 2, did I mention I HATE sequels!?!, Robin Hood (which I heard was stupid), Prince of Persia (based on a video game I've NEVER heard of and never played nor have my kids), Sex & The City 2 (did I MENTION!?!.......) and then there was Just Wright. :1smile:

Just Wight is a romanctic comedy starring Queen Latifah and Common about a shy single BBW in her 30s who falls for a popular handsome nice guy who happens to play professional basketball. I won't post spoliers because there are a few. Overall, I LOVED IT! WHY? It was a nice polite cute film about falling in love. That's it. :banana: No bullshit, very little cursing if any, no gratuitous sex (though there is a subtle lovemaking scene), no gross jokes (BUT there are PLENTY of genuine LAUGHS), it's not 3-D (which I think is ridiculous hype that makes an over-priced $10 adult tix cost $14.50 WTF!?!?! :angry3: ), it features adults with no PIXAR/animated/cute smart-ass kids ANYWHERE, no explosions, nobody got killed......IT WAS JUST A GOOD MOVIE. :4biggrin: I had forgotten what those were and what seeing one actually felt like.

And just because it stars 2 African-Americans, it's NOT full of any hip-hop "urban" junk. And hey, before you cry racist, I'm Black. :flag: Sometimes I just want to see a movie about ANY people that doesn't have any stereotypes and sorry but I find many "urban" (AKA Black films) full of stereotypes. :BangHead:

So............................... If you are interested in seeing a funny romantic film featuring attracive talented stars then go see JUST WRIGHT! A good sign- the theater was packed and many audience members clapped at the end. When the lights came on, there were young & old couples, girlfriends, guys, teens. It was a nice experience.

PEACE :hellowave:

Sounds cool. I didn't see it because I'm not a big fan of Common and didn't buy him as an NBA superstar, he looks 45. I may check it out now. :4biggrin:

Thanks! I have been wanting to see this. I really liked Latifah's other movies and think she is wonderful in romcoms.

YEah, I agree. I ADORED Bringing Down The House!!!!! :lol: :wacko: :banana: It was just too tooo hilarious. And Last Holiday with LL Cool J was cute but a bit lacking in chemisrty because the two leads had very little scenes together and that pissed me off! :angry3: LL is HOT! :drool: :drool: :drool: :D

"ROMCOMS" Love it! :4biggrin:

I admit I've usually waited until most of her movies are on DVD but then I always enjoy them. And I've watched at least 3 more then once when they've come on tv ~ The Last Holiday, Bringing Down the House and Mad Money. Sometimes you just need a little lightness in your life.