Sign in to follow this  
princess

Project Runway Season 8 (premiers July 2010)

Posted Image

people.com

Project Runway Returns — With Alterations!

June 29, 2010

Say goodbye — or auf wiedersehen – to one-hour episodes of Project Runway.

When the reality show returns to Lifetime July 29 for its eighth season, each episode will be 90 minutes long, according to an AP report. That’s 30 more minutes of fashion — and drama.

“We did get always a few complaints from people that they wanted to see a little bit more, which we were obviously very excited about,” host Heidi Klum says. “So now we have half an hour more.”

The show, which spent season 6 in Los Angeles, will stick to New York City but will air an hour earlier at 9 p.m. EST.

But one thing’s going to stay the same — it’s all about the competition. Up-and-coming designers with dreams of showing collections at New York Fashion Week will demonstrate their creative aesthetic — and haute personalities — in challenges judged by Klum and her panel of judges. The last designer standing will receive a $100,000 prize to launch a clothing line and a fashion spread in Marie Claire.

“We are not like other shows where we are styling them to look a certain way or feeding them lines,” Klum says. “It’s all real, and people like that.” –Alison Schwartz

Posted Image

popwatch

May 27 2010 12:04 PM ET

Let Santino Rice and Austin Scarlett turn you into an old society lady who wears edgy hats

by Annie Barrett

Lifetime is developing two unscripted Project Runway-inspired projects. In one, Heidi Klum and Seal will counsel other couples on how to be as perfect as they are. That should be amazing. In the other, Runway season 2 runner-up Santino Rice and season 1 fourth-place finisher Austin Scarlett will roam around the country looking for women in need of a fashion makeover. So if you’re strutting down the street and see an odd couple tooling around in a bejeweled van with a portable Bluefly.com Accessories Wall in the cabin, look alive! Drape yourself in something frumpy and call out to no one in particular “What happened to Andrae?” It could be “the chance [unnecessarily long pause]…of a lifetime.” [Variety]

popwatch

Jun 29 2010 12:45 PM ET

'Project Runway' episodes to be supersized!

by Annie Barrett

It’s not just a stunt, like Tim’s tired encouragement to please use the Bluefly.com accessories wall thoughtfully. Each episode of Project Runway‘s season 8 (premiering July 29 on Lifetime) will be 90 minutes long. They’ll start at 9 p.m. ET instead of 10. This is excellent. Heidi Klum also told the AP via NYTimes.com that season 8 contains ample tears and that three contestants collapsed on-set. It couldn’t get any better!

In addition to the obvious demand — longer runway shows — we’re going to need much more workroom footage. I want to see craftsmanship, awkward initial fittings, the contestants freaking out under pressure, the contestants bitching at each other under pressure, fabric disasters, and especially tears. I’m going to need a zoom-in on the tears. I also love close-up shots of the sewing machines, even though I feel like they only do that to show the brand name. What it basically boils down to is that I like to watch people work while I relax. Ahhhhhh. Seth Aaron’s jackets.

I’m trying to find out from Lifetime if Models of the Runway will just blend into Runway now. (Tragedy! It’s my favorite poignant reality show!) I’m pretty sure Austin Scarlett and Santino’s half-hour reality series will accompany Runway at 10:30 instead. I’ll update this post if I find out.

What do you want to see more of during Runway‘s extra 30 minutes?

Posted Image

Project Runway Season 8!

Blogging Project Runway

1st Apr 2010

Looks like Project Runway is taking a page from Survivor. This just in:

The cast of Season 8 will be an all-star lineup of designers from the past seven seasons of Project Runway. Titled "Heroes vs. Villains," Season 8 will pit some of the most loved - and most despised - designers from the franchise.

And in a dramatic shift, a newly formed company called Bye-Bye Productions has been brought in to produce the show. Led by former Magical Elf (and Executive Producer of PR Seasons 1-5) Rich Bye, the new production team will reflect a return to Project Runway's roots.

A change in the production company seemed inevitable considering the recent sale of Bunim-Murray. Rich Bye claims that he has signed on "the most talented and experienced producers in reality television that will bring Project Runway back to the top of reality competition programming." Former PR producers Michael Rucker and Sara Rea are also partners in the new venture.

Show host Heidi Klum declares, "Our core group of devoted fans will be happy to see the return of these designers, while the newer fans will be introduced to some of our most memorable characters."

Taping for the new season will begin on June 1st at Parsons in New York City and the premiere will be "later this summer." Three finalists will create a Spring 2011 collection to be shown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week on September 10th. "It's a quick turnaround," said Bye, "But we have a precedent in season three. We had a similar schedule and the designers had to "make it work."

Here's the full cast rundown:

Season 1: Wendy Pepper and Austin Scarlett

Season 2: Zulema Griffin and Nick Verreos

Season 3: Jonathan Kayne Gillaspie and Vincent Libretti

Season 4: Victorya Hong and Rami Kashou

Season 5: Jerell Scott and Kenley Collins

Season 6: Gordana Gelhausen and Irina Shabayeva

Season 7: Emilio Sosa and Anthony Williams

"I am concerned about the potential volatility between these designers in the workroom" added Project Runway mentor Tim Gunn. "But there is no denying the high level of talent they bring to the table. It promises to be the most explosive season of Project Runway ever."

Click here for the official press release.

When you clicked on the "click here", below if the photo you got :D

Posted Image

Project Runway's Facebook Page:

Fan favorites Austin Scarlett and Santino Rice

are back!!! "On the Road with Austin & Santino" premieres

Thursday, July 29, after the 90-minute "Project Runway" Season 8

premiere, at 10:30 pm

http://bit.ly/dj47Vo

people.com

Which Star Helps Heidi Klum Pick Project Runway‘s 16 Designers?

July 13, 2010

When Project Runway returns with its new 90-minute show, Heidi Klum and company will welcome another celebrity guest judge. Actress Selma Blair will join the ranks of Eva Longoria Parker, Lindsay Lohan, Christina Aguilera, Nicole Richie and Faith Hill, who had the honor of guest judging last season’s finale.

“We’ve been wanting to have Selma Blair on Project Runway for a while,” executive producer Jane Cha says. “She is so chic and has great individual style.”

And Blair will help make a crucial decision for the show. With 17 designers, instead of the typical 16, the first challenge of season 8 will serve as the final part of the show’s audition process. Contestants will have five hours to design a garment, using a signature piece from a competitor’s luggage.

“[blair] ended up being a perfect guest judge for our first challenge — super knowledgeable about fashion and the show, because she’s a fan,” Cha continues. “She had some hilarious observations, including a comparison to Romy and Michelle shopping buddies!”

Project Runway‘s new season kicks off July 29 at a new time (9 p.m. EST) on Lifetime.

Posted Image

people.com

Nina Garcia Expecting Second Child

With the new season of Project Runway beginning later this month, Nina Garcia has a lot on her plate — and is about to add more.

The judge and Marie Claire fashion director, 45, is expecting her second child with husband David Conrod in December, she tells PEOPLE. The new addition will join big brother Lucas Alexander, 3.

In addition to her work on Project Runway and at Marie Claire, Garcia is the author of three books on style, with a fourth, Nina Garcia’s Look Book: What to Wear for Every Occasion, out Aug. 10.

– Sarah Michaud with reporting by Charlotte Triggs

Posted Image

PRETTY PEACE

In a fashion-forward ensemble, Heidi Klum looks fierce at the premiere party for Project Runway Wednesday in N.Y.C. The show returns for season 8 – with 90-minute episodes! – on July 29.

Premiers tonight!! :jumping1:

:alien_dance: Wow!!! This is a great season so far. The designers are talented and it was great to see Betsy Johnson on last night's show.

I hope they have more designers and less celebrities.

:alien_dance: Wow!!! This is a great season so far. The designers are talented and it was great to see Betsy Johnson on last night's show.

I hope they have more designers and less celebrities.

I agree on all points!

So glad the girl didn't win for the 3rd time in a row, Rachael or whatever her name was. :D

Gretchen -- she sure got uppity fast didn't she? Also glad she didn't win.

Casanova has to go -- "I don't see the point?!?!?" Please.

Gretchen - that's her. I love how she went around the room giving everyone else her two cents like she was Tim. :rolleyes:

Casanova is good for a laugh, but he has no clue.

So what was the deal with the one girl passing out?!?!

Gretchen - that's her. I love how she went around the room giving everyone else her two cents like she was Tim. :rolleyes:

Casanova is good for a laugh, but he has no clue.

So what was the deal with the one girl passing out?!?!

I thought the same thing about Gretchen. I was glad she did not win this time either and she shouldn't have but I was disappointed that Casanova was not let go instead of the blond. Some of those designs were stunning using just party supply items.

Posted Image

BUMPED-UP STYLE

Project Runway judge Nina Garcia chicly accentuates her baby bump (she's expecting another boy in December!) while paying a visit to Good Morning America in New York City on Thursday.

I enjoyed this weeks competition. The hats were not anything I can see people actually wearing but as pieces of art so I thought it was a good take-off point for creating clothing to go with them. The woman who went home had been pretty much invisible to me in the previous weeks so I don't think it's a surprise she's gone. The shorts outfit was horrendous from the waist down but I did like the top with the hat and I think that person has potential.

Ivy seems to be joining Gretchen's ranks of superiority. Too bad as I had really liked her until this week. If she's the one who faints next week, I might be smiling when it happens. :smileapprove:

Ivy seems to be joining Gretchen's ranks of superiority. Too bad as I had really liked her until this week. If she's the one who faints next week, I might be smiling when it happens. :smileapprove:

I agreed with Ivy and Gretchen tho-- I didn't think Michael's C's dress was any big deal -- maybe it looked better live than it did on camera. I thought most of the outfits were pretty meh.

Does Gretchen remind anybody of Wendy?

Somebody ought to talk to her about her makeup.

:3huh: I think maybe some of the outfits looked better in person than on tv because I don't understand the judges decision. I do agree about the bottom two.

What gets me about Gretchen and the other assorted 'superiors' is that they don't just make critigues as to how someone else is doing, they seriously stand in judgement of them.

:vomit2:

:angry3: Gretchen really deserved to go last night! I can't believe the judges listened to her and let her stay. Also, now I know when they spend alot of time on a designer (Casanova) the designer will either win the competion or go home.

Love that Casanova & Peaches got the best reviews :)

Totally thought Gretchen was going home, can't believe they didn't send her home. :censored:

Did you hear Tim's rant at the end?!?! :shocked: He basically slammed Gretchen which I loved (and did you see Michael's C's face in the background?? :D). Love that Gretchen said she was "hurt", after all the slamming she did just minutes before. I don't think Tim has ever said anything like that before about a designer on the show.