Sign in to follow this  
princess

Project Runway Season 8 (premiers July 2010)

Saw last night's show, have to say not really impressed with any of the designers this season. Yeah, Lily had the best outfit I thought (minus the jacket), but still not crazy about any of them....

Yep ~ That's my feeling as well.

Posted Image

Five Reality Stars We Are Really Hating Right Now

Eonline.com

1. Project Runway's Gretchen Jones: At first we were rooting for this homely chick. Then her Lake Michigan-size ego appeared and was blindly undeterred, blaming her middle-of-the-pack status on Heidi Klum as opposed to her own dull designs. The icing on the bitchy cake came last week, when Wretchen squeaked by elimination then condescended to the top three designers Michael C., Mondo and Andy by saying, "I'm just glad [the judges] gave me a second chance like they gave you." Hate.

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b206535_fi...l#ixzz130zC7vST

I can't believe she was chosen for the finale before Andy was!

And what was with Michael's bawling? I don't get it. Is the world suppose to just do what you want? How about appreciating the frickin' opportunity you were given?

Go Mondo! :banana:

I felt bad for Michael C. From what I understand, up until he got onto Project Runway his parents told him to give up the dream of being a designer, stop being gay and get married and live a normal 9 - 5 life. Once he got on the show, his parents started to accept who he was. Now since he didn't make it to the finish, his parents will go back to their old ways and he doesn't know how to tell them. I just feel bad. I think once the shock wears off he'll be ok. And who knows, maybe his parents will surprise him by accepting who he is now.

I am still team Mondo :mellow:

I felt bad for Michael C. From what I understand, up until he got onto Project Runway his parents told him to give up the dream of being a designer, stop being gay and get married and live a normal 9 - 5 life. Once he got on the show, his parents started to accept who he was. Now since he didn't make it to the finish, his parents will go back to their old ways and he doesn't know how to tell them. I just feel bad. I think once the shock wears off he'll be ok. And who knows, maybe his parents will surprise him by accepting who he is now.

i am totally Team Mondo -- I am concerned about the previews though where they talk about "this was the closest..." To me, it isn't even close --

I would have taken Michael C over either Andy or Gretchen. Andy got in because he is very avant garde and Gretchen got in, well, I am not sure why she got in unless its because she makes good television.

As for Michael C, I feel bad that he appeared to more concerned about telling his parents about his loss then he was about the actual loss.

As for his lover "outing him to his parent" I think I pick a new lover. (Granted, there is no way to know the dynamics of that relationship, but I think it couldn't have done anything but make a bad situation worse.)

Can't wait to see the bitch that is Ivy on the reunion show.

The person who opened their show with granny underpants wins. :threeblindmice:

:censored: :BangHead: :tantrum: :angry3:

Only teens would wear Mondo? I think not, Nina! 30-somethings would wear his pieces everywhere. Who the hell wants to wear underpants as their only lower garment?

Nina needs to retire.

i am totally Team Mondo -- I am concerned about the previews though where they talk about "this was the closest..." To me, it isn't even close --

I would have taken Michael C over either Andy or Gretchen. Andy got in because he is very avant garde and Gretchen got in, well, I am not sure why she got in unless its because she makes good television.

As for Michael C, I feel bad that he appeared to more concerned about telling his parents about his loss then he was about the actual loss.

As for his lover "outing him to his parent" I think I pick a new lover. (Granted, there is no way to know the dynamics of that relationship, but I think it couldn't have done anything but make a bad situation worse.)

Can't wait to see the bitch that is Ivy on the reunion show.

His boyfriend was also pretty quick to point out to Tim (and a bezillion TV viewers) that Michael C.'s parents were not very supportive of him till he got on the show and how troubled his home life was. I thought Michael C. was sweet and he should dump the boyfriend, dump the parents, and start all over with someone who cares about him.

Edited by Serendipity

The person who opened their show with granny underpants wins. :threeblindmice:

:censored: :BangHead: :tantrum: :angry3:

Only teens would wear Mondo? I think not, Nina! 30-somethings would wear his pieces everywhere. Who the hell wants to wear underpants as their only lower garment?

Nina needs to retire.

So glad I read this post before the end! Mondo's was my favorite by a landslide, didn't really like the other two much. I though he would win hands down. I did like G's hair and make up choices, I wish my hair would do that. Her things were nice from far, but not loving it close up. Guess I won't be on trend this fall! My 31 year old body would love to wear some of Mondo's things!

:angry3: Ever since the show moved to the Lifetime Channel is has been dumbed down. I can't believe they would pick Gretchen's burnt out hippie look. What a contrast to Seth Aaron's win. Mondo's clothes were the best. My mouth would drop open when his clothes appeared on the runway. Tim Gunn is the only sane person on that show and I loved it when he shut down Ivey.

:angry3: Ever since the show moved to the Lifetime Channel is has been dumbed down. I can't believe they would pick Gretchen's burnt out hippie look. What a contrast to Seth Aaron's win. Mondo's clothes were the best. My mouth would drop open when his clothes appeared on the runway. Tim Gunn is the only sane person on that show and I loved it when he shut down Ivey.

As much as I love Tim Gunn, I won't watch this show again. It is very hard for me to see how Gretchen could win after the judges trashed her mini runway looks as "granola." As a producer, Heidi needs to dump MK and Nina and bring in new blood.

Fashion should not be about "marketability" it should be about daring to push the envelope -- look at Alexander McQueen.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the show after peeking ahead on Blogging Project Runway.

I am disappointed for Mondo and see only runaway ego ahead for Gretchen.

Team Mondo -- I hope a deserving fashion house picks you up and nutures your talent.

There's a video on youtube of Tim Gunn at what appears like a mall. The first audience member with the mic immediately asked him how he felt about the winner of this season. He turned to walk off stage rather then answer but then came back and said that even though it happened in September, he's still SPEECHLESS. I thought it was great that he didn't even remotely hide how he felt about it.