princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Celebitchy

Katie Holmes: “Every day my husband inspires me”

US WeeklyPosted Image has a kind of throwaway interview this week with Katie “amazing” wild-eyed Holmes, and it’s worth repeating if only to make fun of the robotic way she speaks. Everything is so great and perfect in Katie’s little programmed world, and she hasn’t deviated from her script in years:

Are you loving getting into Jackie O’s clothes?

We have seamstresses creating beautiful dresses that are replicas of real things she wore. Jackie had magnificent style that was appropriate for every event. Armani made two dresses for me too.

What have you learned from the role?

Jackie was phenomenal. She was also an editor and created so much around her.

Do you get acting help from your husband?

Every day my husband inspires me. We’re always creating new things, whether it’s a party or a script or a movie.

Will Suri act?

She can do whatever she wants and she’ll be great!

What do you like best about being a mom?

Everything. I’m so lucky!

[From US Weekly, print edition, August 9, 2010]

Kaiser and I were e-mailing about this, and she had this comment “blah blah amazing reboot great blah magnificent!

I also wanted to report on Life & Style’s cover story this week declaring that there’s “Baby No. 2 On the Way!” for Katie. She is pregnant while in character as Jackie O. and that’s about it. And while Life & Style claims that “Katie talks to Life & StylePosted Image” all she did was given them a quick comment while on the red carpet for the screening of The Extra Man. She said “It’s just fabulous [being a mom]. I’ve very lucky. Very lucky.” Then she tapped herself on the side of the head to try and remember her additional talking points but couldn’t bring any to mind and moved on.

Life & Style also has some “evidence” that Katie is pregnant and it includes “She insists on fake cigarettes on set,” “Her clothing is getting baggier,” and “She loves playing pregnant Jackie.” Of course Katie loves playing pregnant Jackie. She hasn’t had a movie out since 2008 flop Mad Money. She does have a couple in the can coming out later this year, though, and we’ll see how they do. Katie is not going to have another baby to spoil. She’s probably counting the days until she gets out of her contract in late 2011. Having another baby will only delay the time until those black credit cards are in her name only.

Written by Celebitchy

A Chip in Her Pocket for The Trial

BlindGossip

This celebrity couple is close to a final agreement over how everything – including the child/ren – is going to be divided in the divorce. However, the wife’s legal team is having her keep one chip in her pocket for the divorce trial. If the husband’s team tries any last-minute maneuvering, the wife is not afraid to reveal an incident where she (along with their child/ren) caught her husband in bed with a family friend of theirs. The friend is a male professional athlete. In case you’ve been wondering why the two husbands are still close – but the wives rarely get together for more than an hour and a photo op – this is the reason.

BlindGossip

This celebrity couple is close to a final agreement over how everything – including the child/ren – is going to be divided in the divorce. However, the wife’s legal team is having her keep one chip in her pocket for the divorce trial. If the husband’s team tries any last-minute maneuvering, the wife is not afraid to reveal an incident where she (along with their child/ren) caught her husband in bed with a family friend of theirs. The friend is a male professional athlete. In case you’ve been wondering why the two husbands are still close – but the wives rarely get together for more than an hour and a photo op – this is the reason.

I promise to be a very, very, VERY good girl all year if this turns out to be Beckham!!! :P

BlindGossip

I promise to be a very, very, VERY good girl all year if this turns out to be Beckham!!! :P

I know what to ask Santa for this Christmas :D

Five Notorious Celebrity Broken Engagements

Tue., Aug. 10, 2010 6:55 PM PDT by Joal Ryan

Eonline.com

....Katie Holmes and Chris Klein: They seemed the perfect match: the Dawson's Creek girl and the American Pie boy. In late 2003, after five years of cute coupledom, they got engaged. Then in March 2005, they got un-engaged. If that was all there was to the story, it'd be the end of the story. But there was a kicker, all right. Just about eight weeks after Holmes and Klein broke it off, movie-god Tom Cruise swooped down from Mt. Olympus, and swept up Holmes. By June of that year, it was Holmes and Cruise who were engaged.

Katie Holmes Admits Marriage Can Feel "Weird"

Monday – August 16, 2010 – 9:01am

US Mag

Katie Holmes says it isn't easy hearing all the wild rumors about her nearly four-year marriage to Tom Cruise.

"It’s there, it’s one of those things," she tells New York magazine when asked if she reads the various speculations about their marriage. "My big concern is what does he have going, what do I have going, what are we going to do this weekend. It must seem weird, I guess, having so many people watching. It is weird. I get it. But you just, you know, smile and nod."

Instead of the negative, they try to focus on the positive: Their family, which includes their very stylish daughter Suri, 4.

Like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's daughter Shiloh, Suri is very adamant about what she wears, says Holmes, 31.

"She says, 'I want this sleeve cut,' and it’s like, 'Okay, we’ll cut it,'" she says. "She picks out all of her own clothes and has since she was 1 1/2. Tom and I went to the Met ball a couple of years ago, and I had this beautiful red gown and these royal-blue shoes that I wasn't planning on wearing, but Suri made me put them on and so I was like, 'Okay, I trust you.'"

Her daughter is "so creative and she's so bright and so special," adds Holmes. "Whatever she wants to do, I know she’s going to be amazing at it. I've already started my applause, and I will be applauding for the rest of my life."

She says she also can't stop applauding her husband, 48.

"Well, we do collaborate on everything at home. But I mean, he's Tom Cruise!" Holmes gushes. "His body of work is incredible. Every movie he’s done has done really well. I look back, and everything’s a classic. I definitely come home and say to him, 'So, imagine a scene … how would you play it?' And he’s helpful and sweet and gracious. He’s quite an incredible human being."

As for balancing work and family, Holmes admits it is tough.

"We have quite a schedule, you know?" says the actress, who is now shooting the upcoming History Channel mini-series, The Kennedys. "We don’t say, 'When I'm working, you don’t work,' or anything like that. Last year he was shooting Knight and Day and I was shooting The Romantics, and we’d just fly to see each other after we wrapped. And we homeschool Suri — she has a teacher who is with her every day. We like the one-on-one education. I’m happy that my daughter is strong-willed and determined. You really have to go with what the child is wanting."

:vomit2: THe last sentence is the worst. :rolleyes:

THe last sentence is the worst.

Really? I think the bs about the applause abotu makes me vomit, so that gets my vote :4biggrin: :BangHead:

Well I feel somewhat guilty for watching what will become a major trainwreck: Suri growing up. I always get the feeling like they are parenting her as though she was an ancient empress or royalty. I'm telling ya...the scientology philosophy to child rearing is mind boggling.

I'm guessing that she will be their only child and Katie will stay with Tom for another five years minimum. She probably gets what she wants as much as Suri does.

I think materially she gets what she wants. She might even get something emotionally. But what about sex & intimacy? Do you think she's someone who doesn't care, doesn't need it (interesting article on the new Asexual movement in the August Marie Claire magazine...) I guess she could have a pool boy of her own, but probably not an ongoing relationship - I think Tommy is too much of a control freak/alpha dog to allow that. Call me traditional, but I cannot imagine a marriage without love AND intimacy.....(I can imagine losing some of it due to illness as we age - but by then, we'll have been together for decades and have all those years of warm memories....I can't imagine being in a relationship where I've never had it and never will)

THe last sentence is the worst.

Really? I think the bs about the applause abotu makes me vomit, so that gets my vote :4biggrin: :BangHead:

LOL, there were some gems in there :D

Katie is in her early/mid 30's. I can't see her doing this much longer.... I still vote she's out @ 5 year anniv...

people.com

Tom Cruise Showers Katie Holmes with Roses

By Paul Chi

Tuesday September 07, 2010 04:00 PM EDT

Tom Cruise Showers Katie Holmes with Roses

It's been 5 years since Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise began their whirlwind romance, and the couple's relationship is hotter than ever.

"My husband has red roses for me everywhere I go and whenever we travel," Holmes told PEOPLE at the New York press conference of her new film The Romantics on Tuesday. :rolleyes:

A true romantic like her husband, Holmes, 31, believes in love and is very affectionate and caring especially with her her 4-year-old daughter Suri. "Being a mother is so dreamy," she says. :vomit2:

And whether it's eating cupcakes to picking out shoes together in the morning, Holmes is reveling every minute with Suri.

"You have to keep the activities up," says Holmes, "but she's so comfortable and she loves to sing and dance."

Katie Homes: I Don't Think I'll Have Another Baby

Wednesday – September 08, 2010 – 5:12pm

Sorry, Suri -- looks like you might not get the chance to be a big sister after all.

In the October issue of Marie Claire, Katie Holmes reveals that she and Tom Cruise have no plans to expand their brood -- at least not now, anyway.

"Maybe in a couple of years, but right now I want to make sure I'm really there for Suri," Holmes, 31, says. "I'm the youngest in my family —- my closest sister is five years older than me, and the next one is nine years ahead of me, so I was a bit of an only child, and I liked it! I liked having all of my mom's attention, and sometimes I think I still do."

Holmes admits it's been hard to strike a balance between her career and motherhood, though she does her best to provide a normal life for her 4-year-old tot.

"We travel a lot, and so for me, it's keeping a daily schedule for Suri that never changes. We wake up and we do the same thing. She does her chores," she tells the mag. "If she doesn't get her chores done, I notice she's not really herself. She has to make her bed, she has to take her dishes to the sink, she has to put her clothes in the laundry -- you know, that basic stuff."

The Romantics actress -- who admits that she's never spent more than a week-and-a-half without seeing Cruise, 48 -- says she learned her parenting philosophies from watching her own mother in action.

"I try to do what my mom did for me...just spending time with her, making doll clothes and planting in the garden," Holmes says. "When Suri comes to the set, we have art projects, and I just try to keep her busy and inspired."

Someone posted this on another board, but I thought it was interesting....

Posted by Kittylady

Unfortunately, Tom doesn't just cling to Katie. The Cruise Death Grip is applied to anyone famous and within paparazzi range. I'm afraid that Tom is the reason I'll always have a soft spot for Julia Roberts, no matter how much of a bitch she is. There were some pictures of him gripping her so hard at some event that he left marks on her arm, but in one shot you could see her running her nails into the back of his other hand, all while keeping her smile in place for the cameras.

The Metropolitan Museum of Arts bash in 2008 (where Katie wore the orange bin bag dress). This is one picture of JR and The Cruiser I found, but it doesn't really show the clawing, unfortunately.

Posted Image

I've searched high and low for the shot where you can see her clawing him, but the original link to the article where I first saw it no longer works and I think this picture only survives as it was posted directly into a thread on a board. In fact, if I hadn't known where to find this picture I might not have been able to find anything at all. A lot of the pistures of them together ar the event seem to have vanished. Anyway, as well as the shot of JR clawing him there was a separate shot showing that she actually had red marks on her arm where he'd been holding on to her. :mad:

Oh, and another Classic Cruise Grip, this time on Kool Aid. Ouch!

Posted Image

Posted Image

CZECH THEM OUT

After taking care of business, Tom Cruise makes time for family on Wednesday, enjoying dinner out in Prague with wife Katie Holmes and daughter Suri, 4.

TOM & KATIE BABY WAR!

TOM CRUISE and KATIE HOLMES' story-book marriage is imploding, fear friends - because she won't give him another baby.

The 48-year-old Mission Impossible star thinks Katie is defying him and humiliating him by publicly declaring they have no plans to expand their family, say sources.

"It is as if the relationship has become a battleground over the baby issue," revealed a close source.

"Friends and loved ones believe if Katie doesn't have another child soon, Tom will pull the plug on their marriage."

Cruise was reportedly furious after the Dawson's Creek beauty told an interviewer that the couple - who have a daughter, Suri, 4 - do not have plans for another child.

"Maybe in a couple of years, but right now I want to make sure I'm really there for Suri," said the Katie, 31.

"I'm the youngest in my family - my closest sister is five years older than me, and the next one is nine years ahead of me, so I was a bit of an only child, and I liked it!"

But her husband "has gone ballistic" over Katie's candid baby statements, the close source told The ENQUIRER.

"I think he's furious because not only has Katie backtracked on a long-standing promise to produce another child, but she's embarrassed the fiercely private actor to no end by saying so in the magazine interview. Tom assured Katie last year that she could focus fully on her career for a while, but he still hoped that she would get pregnant this year."

The busy couple's baby fight blew up in early September after they got together in New York, where Katie was promoting her latest movie, The Romantics.

"Tom thinks she was acting selfishly with her about-face on having a baby," revealed an insider.

"I'm sure Katie often feels she's under Tom's thumb, and work is an escape for her," said the insider. "At one time, she did want more kids. But another baby will mean giving up freedom right now.

"It's a standoff. Either Tom or Katie is going to give in, or the marriage is done for."

So does this mean she's going back on the original contract for 2 kids/10 years (that was my bet) or is this the groundwork they're laying for the upcoming divorce?

Just started reading my October Marie Claire - Katie is on the cover - and says it was a "girl's day" at the shoot - Katie brought Suri, her stepdaughter Bella, and her sister-in-law Cass (? i think) Cruise. One of the first times I've seen Bella mentioned- I know she quite often gets cropped out of photos - so that made me happy. But I knew that Cass is her $cieno monitor, right? :alien_dance: The blurb went on to say that while Katie was posing for photos, Bella had her hair trimmed and Suri picked out some Louboutins she liked. No word what the SIL was doing.....

Edited by Hoyaheel

So does this mean she's going back on the original contract for 2 kids/10 years (that was my bet) or is this the groundwork they're laying for the upcoming divorce?

I'm guessing groundwork for divorce.

:alien_dance: I WANNA 'NOTHER BABYEEEE, says Tom :hellowave: See Ya! says Katie

Just started reading my October Marie Claire - Katie is on the cover - and says it was a "girl's day" at the shoot - Katie brought Suri, her stepdaughter Bella, and her sister-in-law Cass (? i think) Cruise. One of the first times I've seen Bella mentioned- I know she quite often gets cropped out of photos - so that made me happy. But I knew that Cass is her $cieno monitor, right? :alien_dance: The blurb went on to say that while Katie was posing for photos, Bella had her hair trimmed and Suri picked out some Louboutins she liked. No word what the SIL was doing.....

jumping mary and joseph - the friggin kid got a pair of louboutins?!?!?!?!

:tantrum:

jumping mary and joseph - the friggin kid got a pair of louboutins?!?!?!?!

:tantrum:

I don't think she got to take them home - I think she was playing in the fashion closet while mommy was being photographed and found shoes she liked. But hey, maybe they did let her keep them. I don't understand celebrity ;-)