princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know about the dead animals, but I used to take the heads off my dolls. :1smile:

Honest, I'm a very peaceful person as an adult.

There is a usual playbook for splits in Hollywood, I think.

rumors

PR flack denials

More rumors

Sightings of the two parties with other than the spouse

Flack announcement-separated, "Please respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Greg Kinnear is a farily respected actor, and most reports are that the miniseries was pretty good, right? Some other channel will buy it and air it, not to worry.

I have watched a LOT of History Channel over the years. It's improved from the mid-90s, when I called it the Hitler Channel (EVERYTHING was WWII and Germany....) but considering some of the crap they DO air these days - they're pretty freakin' ballsy to say this isn't appropriate.....

I think someone in the Kennedy family or their entourage decided this miniseries didn't show the Kennedys as suficiently saint-like for their tastes and put political pressure on the History Chanel to have it pulled. The Kennedys are now a big Brand, valuable not only to themselves but also to the Democratic party, Massachussetts, ets, so there are lots of reasons to protect it. Things like misogyny and drug use must be swept under the rug at all costs.

Scandal sells - I doubt that political pressure would be effective against a bottom line. Most of us know about the skeletons in the closet by now; it's not like there's new dirt - this isn't the $cieno tell all by Paul Haggis or anything.......

I think someone in the Kennedy family or their entourage decided

You might be right! Lainey posted this today:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, it was Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver who cockblocked the miniseries. Here’s how it breaks down:

•History is owned by A&E. A&E is part owned by Disney.

•Caroline Kennedy has a book deal with Disney/Hyperion and she’s working on a project about her parents, and will be releasing brand new audio of her mother along with it. She’s also supposed to promote the collection of materials all over ABC, also affiliated with Disney.

•Caroline supposedly threatened to pull back on cooperation if History went ahead with the miniseries.

•History killed it.

Lainey goes on to say it's being shopped to other channels (as I thought it would ;-) (she also says History Channel Canada IS airing the show....)

Posted Image

DOOR PRIZE

A smiley Katie Holmes looks to be in good spirits Tuesday evening after enjoying a girls' night out at the trendy Bouchon restaurant in Beverly Hills.

Just me, or does she look trashed?

Just me, or does she look trashed?

Wouldn't you be, if you were married to the one who shall not be named? :4biggrin:

I don't know about trashed, but there is something really weird going on with her face in this picture-- almost as if she is the victim of some really bad plastic surgery. OTOH her entire body looks out of proportion and she's got some very visible wrinkles around the eyes so maybe it's just the camera angle.

Any thoughts from our resident experts?

We've all been in that spot on girl's nite out, but you know Tommy Boy is going to be pissed she got looking trashed :D

Trashed. And who are the "girls"?

$cieno chaperones.....

Minions. :4biggrin:

Who aren't allowed to be photographed. :alien_dance:

This picture of Ginnifer Goodwin got me thinking of the possible conversation that the cult may have initialised when Katie got pregnant:

"Hey, Chris - if we can find you another one JUST like her can we have that one?"

Posted Image

It's creepy how he went from Katie to her doppelganger in no time at all.

From TMZ:

Katie Holmes Sues Star Magazine

3/1/2011 11:20 AM PST by TMZ Staff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katie Holmes just filed a $50 million libel lawsuit against the publishers of “Star” magazine after a recent cover insinuated she's a drug addict.

Posted Image

The centerpiece of the lawsuit is the headline, “ADDICTION NIGHTMARE - Katie DRUG SHOCKER! – The Real Reason She Can’t Leave Tom” -- while the actual article does NOT allege any drug use by Katie we’re told she feels the suggestive cover is deliberately defamatory and is libelous on its own.

The lawsuit states, "[Katie] has no intention of leaving her husband, and is not prevented from doing so by any drug addiction."

Holmes' attorney tells TMZ, "Star Magazine's malicious claims about Katie are untrue, unethical and unlawful. Not only do they cruelly defame Katie, they play a cheap trick on the public, making ridiculously false claims on the cover unsupported by anything inside."

And, the attorney adds, "Someone should bring a class action to get all buyers their money back."

Holmes is seeking $50 million in damages from American Media Inc.

Edited by schumibabe

Posted Image

If this was someone else, wouldn't someone have called CPS on their asses already? It's not funny anymore. It looks rather cold and snowy for a summer nightgown. -_-

My thoughts exactly when I saw that picture. That's Vancouver and believe me it's friggin' cold here at the moment! Record low temperatures being set all over the place.

Maybe they'll spend some of the $50 million on warmer clothes for the kid!!

ETA: I should specify that it's cold for Vancouver - those of you who get frozen eyelashes when you walk out the door would probably find it quite balmy!!! :4biggrin:

Edited by schumibabe

I'm intrigued by Ted's recent comment that she probably isn't done being Mrs. Tom Cruise quite yet, implying that she liked it to some degree. Maybe we give her too much credit for having a brain and a backbone (relative to the fact that she got herself into the situation in the first place). I would die in that kind of confinement, no matter how much money I had.

I agree Annabeast. I think Katie enjoys the attention she receives being Mrs. Tom Cruise and all the perks but she must be somewhat whacko if she puts up with the scieno's.