princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A follow up from Lainey:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Detai...eave-Tom-Cruise

I'm intrigued and saddened by this sentence: "As for the “big bang moment”, just like it was with Nicole Kidman, there’s a theory that she observed something that shocked her out of her Xenu hypnosis, something behavioural that may have had to do with their daughter." I wasn't much into gossip back when Tom and Nicole split up, anyone able to shed some light on this??

Rumor had it TommyBoy shoots blanks (think turkey baster blanks though, no actual touching involved :D). So when Nicole got pregnant, he knew she was fooling around. They filed for divorce right before/after she lost the baby to miscarriage. That's what I remember....

IN reading what Lainey is saying, I'm thinking Tom tried pulling Suri into the Scientology Cult more than Katie is comfortable with... That's what TMZ is reporting too.

Yes, I actually did know about the pregnancy/affair rumor with Nicole. I guess the way Lainey worded it, I was thinking it sounded like something sinister with the kids had happened...like Xenu teaching Suri how to sacrifice a live chicken, or something crazy like that LOL

I guess the contract expired. Interesting that she's filing for full legal custody. Unless she can prove he's a danger to Suri (or blackmails him into agreeing to it), it's unlikely she'll get it. It's much easier to get full physical custody with joint legal custody. I wonder how the prenup will pay into this. It will be interesting to see how this goes down.

this is not a contract expiration. he's clearly come across as the one being sued.

here: "Cruise is believed to have 'not seen' the divorce coming.

But sources insist that she did tell her husband of five-and-a-half years that she was filing for divorce – but she didn’t give him a chance to control the spread of the news, as he did with Nicole Kidman.

The fact that she issued a solo statement speaks of some heat around the final extinguishing of the marriage.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...1zEOFPPst"

IMHO, the split with Nicole was timed to avoid California's 10 year marriage rule. After that, he would have had to give her half of his assets.

For the split with Katie, I'm not sure. Suri is 6 and that is the age when $cientology kids are indoctrinated for real.

Or-this has been planned out by the two of them/their PR folks. This way, Katie looks like the heavy. Cruise got a lot of bad PR because of the way he treated Nicole. After Cruise's counch jumping antics, he really can't afford more bad publicity. This way, he can look like he's still a good guy. (or so he thinks)

I guess the contract expired. Interesting that she's filing for full legal custody. Unless she can prove he's a danger to Suri (or blackmails him into agreeing to it), it's unlikely she'll get it. It's much easier to get full physical custody with joint legal custody. I wonder how the prenup will pay into this. It will be interesting to see how this goes down.

this is not a contract expiration. he's clearly come across as the one being sued.

Regardless of whether or not there is a contract that was due to expire, she would still have to file for a divorce because they were married. The only way to dissolve a legal marriage is to go through a divorce or annulment.

Joint legal custody is just a way of ensuring that both parents will have a say in a decision involving the child.

I am putting my money on Katie -- her father is an attorney and unless he got paid off at the expense of his daughter, I am betting that the prenup is airtight.

Regardless of whether or not there is a contract that was due to expire, she would still have to file for a divorce because they were married. The only way to dissolve a legal marriage is to go through a divorce or annulment.

Joint legal custody is just a way of ensuring that both parents will have a say in a decision involving the child -- I will bet that she gets full physical custody, but that's not to say that Tom won't get he

I am putting my money on Katie -- her father is an attorney and unless he got paid off at the expense of his daughter, I am betting that the prenup is airtight.

Edited by tyler

I am just so excited we now have something other than tweenager celeb gossip to talk about now :D

TMZ.com

.....But here's the thing ... TMZ has obtained documents which show Tom deeded their NYC apartment to Katie last August and our sources say it was done specifically for tax purposes. Point of fact ... the deed lists a transfer to a trust, but TMZ has confirmed it's a trust established for the benefit of Katie.

Sources say Katie is using the apartment to establish residency in New York for the purpose of the divorce -- something we're told can screw Tom tax-wise.

It's pretty clear .... Tom is not gonna let Katie dictate New York as the venue for the divorce. He clearly thinks Cal-i-for-ni-a's the place he outta be.

TMZ.com

.....But here's the thing ... TMZ has obtained documents which show Tom deeded their NYC apartment to Katie last August and our sources say it was done specifically for tax purposes. Point of fact ... the deed lists a transfer to a trust, but TMZ has confirmed it's a trust established for the benefit of Katie.

Sources say Katie is using the apartment to establish residency in New York for the purpose of the divorce -- something we're told can screw Tom tax-wise.

It's pretty clear .... Tom is not gonna let Katie dictate New York as the venue for the divorce. He clearly thinks Cal-i-for-ni-a's the place he outta be.

If Katie can establish that she has lived in New York long enough to satisfy its residency requirements, it doesn't matter who owns title to the apartment. Living there, anywhere, would be enough.

I don't know if New York is a community property state. If it is, like California, I wonder what difference it would make?

Any New York attorneys out there?

TMZ.com

If Katie can establish that she has lived in New York long enough to satisfy its residency requirements, it doesn't matter who owns title to the apartment. Living there, anywhere, would be enough.

I don't know if New York is a community property state. If it is, like California, I wonder what difference it would make?

Any New York attorneys out there?

I think it points more to the fact that this was planned long ago, not some surprise filing they are claiming...

So I wonder if Katie will get that sparkle back in her eyes now? She's been dead-eyed for years. I hope her career gets a big boost, just like Nicole's after she divorced Tom, although Katie's best role was that of adoring, loving wife to Tom Cruise. Hopefully he'll stay on his own for awhile and not try to make the public think he's in love again.

Hopefully he'll stay on his own for awhile and not try to make the public think he's in love again.

Who's his next co-star who needs a career boost?? ;)

Posted Image

Katie Holmes

Scientology

Is Watching Me

TMZ

Katie Holmes believes Scientology now views her as a threat to the organization and has put a team on her tail ... sources close to the actress tell TMZ.

We're told Katie believes in recent weeks -- as the discord between her and Tom Cruise grew -- Scientology has been following her moves, especially in New York City.

This does not appear to be the mind of a paranoid person. People who have photographed Katie multiple times tell TMZ there have been several "mysterious" men and vehicles around Katie's apartment and following her when she's out.

Specifically ... a white Cadillac Escalade and black Mercedes SUV (see above) have been seen near Katie's NYC apartment for the past week.

FYI -- there is a publication that has put a tail on Katie, but the people doing that are separate from the people Katie believes have been dispatched from Scientology.

It is unclear if the two vehicles that have been constantly spotted near Holmes' pad are from Scientology or from the publication.

If Katie is able to keep the divorce in New York -- where courts generally like to award sole legal custody to one parent or the other when there is conflict -- proof that she's being tailed could help her case.

We put in a call to Scientology ... so far, no word back.

TMZ has been doing their homework :D

Katie Holmes & Tom Cruise

Sleeping Apart in Weeks Leading Up to Divorce

TMZ

Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise were both in New York City in the weeks leading up to her filing for divorce, but they did NOT stay under the same roof ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources, Tom was in town for a few days around June 10 to film a movie. We're told Tom did not stay in the apartment the couple has in NYC ... but rather at The Greenwich Hotel ... and never once stepped in or near the apartment.

Our sources say Katie, meanwhile, was going back and forth between the apartment she and Tom shared, and a new apartment she recently got. The two were both photographed during their time in NYC (see above) but never together.

We're told Katie did bring Suri to visit Tom at the hotel on two occasions for a few hours and that the visits were unplanned -- Tom's own security didn't even know they were coming.

According to the people we spoke to in Tom and Katie's building ... they couldn't remember the last time they had seen Tom. Our sources say that while they were clearly having problems, Tom had no idea this was coming and his entire team was caught flat-footed by the filing.

I'm really beginning to think TMZ's "source" is Katie herself.

It would certainly be a way for her to control the story, which she might need given she's not just going against Tom but the church of Scientology too.

When I read he deeded her an apartment in NY late last year, I knew this whole thing has been scripted. The details have already been finalized. It is fun to watch it unfold though. I guess Cruise is going to try playing the part of the victim this time around to see if it buys him some sympathy.

i love how it Suri is often called " her " daughter- not their daughter- this would be a great time for it to come out that she isn't his. :)

When I read he deeded her an apartment in NY late last year, I knew this whole thing has been scripted. The details have already been finalized. It is fun to watch it unfold though. I guess Cruise is going to try playing the part of the victim this time around to see if it buys him some sympathy.

Totally agree.

A few tidbits in the news...

people.com

....The actress did have some important help in her corner: A source tells PEOPLE that her Toledo, Ohio-based lawyer father, Martin, came to New York to aid in quickly orchestrating her decisive exit. But the final decision was all hers. "She's a strong person and makes up her own mind," says a source in her circle. And in the choice to end her marriage, "She's unwavering."

TMZ.com

Katie Holmes has fired her old security team because they were way too close to Tom Cruise ... TMZ has learned.

The team -- made up of a bodyguard and driver -- worked for Tom for years, before Tom even met Katie ... and when he and Katie hooked up, Tom assigned the duo to Katie full-time.

The security team worked directly for Katie for years -- but today, Katie appeared with a new security detail made up of 5-6 bodyguards. Neither the old bodyguard nor the driver was anywhere in sight.

Sources connected to the actress tell us, Katie let the old team go after filing for divorce last week -- because of their allegiance to Tom. It's unclear if the duo were Scientologists.

The last time Katie was seen with her old security team was last Tuesday. Katie filed for divorce on Thursday.

TMZ.com

10:14 AM PT -- Katie is in NYC to tape an episode of "Project Runway: All Stars." We're told Katie will be a guest judge.

TMZ.com

The final straw in Katie Holmes' decision to file for divorce was that she was convinced Tom Cruise was going to send 6-year-old Suri away to a hardcore Scientology organization known as Sea Organization ... sources connected with Katie tell TMZ.

Sea Org, as it is known, is where the highest levels of Scientology are taught and kids as young as five can be sent to live there ... without their parents -- and our sources say Tom is a big fan.

Our sources say Katie and Tom had been arguing over Suri's indoctrination into Scientology -- and we're told the Sea Org was the flashpoint.

The Sea Org has been often compared to a boot camp and several ex-Scientologists (including Oscar winner Paul Haggis) have been outspoken against its military-like conditions. The Freewinds, the massive Scientology boat that was the location of Cruise's infamous birthday party in 2004, is entirely staffed by Sea Org members.

We put in a call to Scientology ... so far, no word back

I am shocked. Really. Totally shocked. :threeblindmice:

I'm glad she's getting out of a relationship that by all appearances seem to have brainwashed her and drained any life from her face. Still, I wonder why her family allowed it to go on so long? Was the money that lucrative for her? I think Suri kept her rather sane.