princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Less than two weeks after Katie Holmes filed for divorce, the actress and Tom Cruise have reached a settlement.

Well, of course there is a settlement -- the particulars were worked out before the marriage!

:rolleyes:

Less than two weeks after Katie Holmes filed for divorce, the actress and Tom Cruise have reached a settlement.

Well, of course there is a settlement -- the particulars were worked out before the marriage!

Exactly what I was going to say :D But still surprised they let the public know so fast!!

Exactly what I was going to say :D But still surprised they let the public know so fast!!

Two words: Damage Control.

TMZ

"Modern Family" hot mama Sofia Vergara celebrated her big 40th birthday on Tuesday by rocking a sexy bikini in Mexico ... and flashing what is reportedly her new giant engagement ring.

Sofia's on-again-off-again businessman boyfriend Nick Loeb reportedly popped the question this week and gave her the huge bling during their vacation with pals on the Riviera Maya.

Sofia -- who dated Tom Cruise back in 2005, before the whole Katie Holmes thing -- has a son from a previous marriage.

Wow, I don't remember that!! :shocked:

TMZ

"Modern Family" hot mama Sofia Vergara celebrated her big 40th birthday on Tuesday by rocking a sexy bikini in Mexico ... and flashing what is reportedly her new giant engagement ring.

Sofia's on-again-off-again businessman boyfriend Nick Loeb reportedly popped the question this week and gave her the huge bling during their vacation with pals on the Riviera Maya.

Sofia -- who dated Tom Cruise back in 2005, before the whole Katie Holmes thing -- has a son from a previous marriage.

I vaguely remember it but it was very brief and I think the speculation was she got out before the cult got her!

TMZ

I vaguely remember it but it was very brief and I think the speculation was she got out before the cult got her!

I do remember there were about 3 actresses that were considered before he landed on Katie. Oops, I mean Kate :D I think ScarJo was one of them??

TMZ

I do remember there were about 3 actresses that were considered before he landed on Katie. Oops, I mean Kate :D I think ScarJo was one of them??

I thought Jennifer Garner was the top pick. Wasn't she the one he sent a live cougar or tiger too or something? And it creeped her out?

TMZ

You're right. Although Vergara was before the three (Garner, Alba and ScarJo). This NY Post article is very interesting - particularly pages 3 and 4:

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/best...xPjBFGO4Yjp4M/3

What a sad little man he is!

TMZ

this was when the SOC was looking to get into the latin market. P. Cruz was the next one.

Posted Image

...Cruise, 50, shares Connor and his sister Isabella, 19, with second wife Nicole Kidman, whom he divorced back in 2001 after 11 years of marriage.

As it turns out, Kidman (now remarried to Keith Urban with two young daughters) was secretly a confidante for Holmes, 33, as she struggled to end her union with Cruise.

"They've spoken over the last few weeks," a confidante tells the new Us Weekly of Holmes and Kidman, 45. "Nicole has been supportive, saying she's been through it too and to hang in there."

The two women struck up a camaraderie early in Holmes' marriage to Cruise, chatting on the phone when Kidman would call for Connor and Isabella.

"She has been a private friend not many people know about," the source continues.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/n...7#ixzz20Qfu9K5t

TMZ

I think it was around the time of Penelope Cruise. I remember seeing a pic in a magazine. She was not well known in the US at the time.

TMZ

I think it was around the time of Penelope Cruise. I remember seeing a pic in a magazine. She was not well known in the US at the time.

yeah the scios were looking to establish in the latin market. and yes, people are a market to them.

The interview with the manager seems more truthful then the post article. I have no doubt Katie Holmes had to act like a spy to get away from this guy, but how do you reconcile all the gay rumors surrounding him with what is in that Post article?

The interview with the manager seems more truthful then the post article. I have no doubt Katie Holmes had to act like a spy to get away from this guy, but how do you reconcile all the gay rumors surrounding him with what is in that Post article?

frankly even if the guy is gay, i think most of the rumors surrounding it are bullshit. think about it. literally EVERY famous man has been "rumored" to be gay. Every celeb on this board has. And once someone says "maybe this bi relates to Mr. X" its now a "Fact" that there are rumors Mr. X is gay. So while ther eis no question Xenu is a lunatic, and may also be gay (and I do happen to think he's at least bi or confused himself) I still think a hell of a lot of the rumors can be bullshit.

HAving said that http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...stody-Suri.html

I think in the bottom pic with siri in her pink boots she resembels cruise when he gives the same slidelong glance.

GREAT article about how Cruise was once COS's golden boy but is now hurting more than helping.

From New York magazine's Vulture. Wayyy to long to post, read it here.

I pulled a few interesting paragraphs:

But then the Church pushed Cruise harder. According to [author Janet] Reitman, after the actor’s marriage to Nicole Kidman, Miscavige became frustrated by her indifference to Scientology. During the two-year period when the couple was under virtual lockdown in England on the set of Stanley Kubrick’s 1999 film Eyes Wide Shut, Miscavige was annoyed by his distance from the Church, both physically and emotionally. In response, Miscavige is rumored within the Church to have engineered the couple’s divorce, using the Church’s hold on Cruise to pry him away. More damaging still, Miscavige reportedly masterminded Cruise’s dismissal of his longtime publicist, the legendary Pat Kingsley, in favor of someone more responsive to Scientology’s demands — Church member and Cruise sister LeAnne DeVette.

[...]

While Scientology was a subplot in the Cruise-Kidman split, it is the central story line to the TomKat story. So much so that a blanket denial by Cruise attorney Bert Fields was issued, in which he declared that “The Church of Scientology played absolutely NO ROLE in the divorce settlement talks at all. Period.” At the end of this, whatever truth may emerge, the damage has been done. It will be a very long time before anyone on the outside sees Scientology as just another harmless fad celebrity preoccupation again. And the irony is that Tom Cruise, the Golden Boy who was supposed to be the Church’s game-changer, the friendly face of Scientology, is now perceveived by many to be either a brainwashed dupe or a controlling Church henchman.

Not even going to bother posting this in the Blind Item forum :D

BLIND GOSSIP 07/03

So how much did she get paid to be his wife? How much will she be getting in the divorce? We know that many sources have reported that her contract stipulated for her to be paid $X per year of marriage, but the formula is actually more complicated than that. The main calculation is actually based on a number of variables. It looks something like this: (number of years married x annual salary) + a five year bonus + a childbearing bonus – any contract violations = net payout. As it stands now, she has earned a payout of approximately $44 million. We expect that he will contend that there were multiple contract violations (including her failure to meet certain religious, educational, and promotional requirements), so the final number will likely be reduced by those penalty amounts. Even given those penalties, the net cash payout should total north of $40 million. Here are a few more interesting details: Having another child during their marriage would have earned her another $10 million. She would have faced substantial financial penalties if the marriage had not lasted five years. There would have been a much bigger bonus if she had lasted past ten years. Keep in mind that this is just the cash portion of the agreement. The division of assets will also include battles over substantial real estate, automotive, and aviation holdings. All told, the five-year marriage will probably result in the wife receiving close to $100 million in cash and physical assets. UPDATE: Just wanted to clarify that some of the monies discussed were already paid out over the course of the marriage. We do not know how much of a balance remains.

Another one I won't bother posting in the BI FOrm.

BLIND GOSSIP 07/09 **#1**

When the person who appears to have the power in a relationship backs down quickly in a dispute, you know that there have to be some compelling reasons why. Although all the talk up to this point has been about his involvement with a powerful group, there were actually three other reasons he settled so quickly. Here are the three reasons: 1. His very personal relationship with a professional athlete. 2. His very personal relationship with a musician. 3. His very personal relationship with a famous actor. She was ready and willing to expose all three relationships to get what she wanted. The scandal of having these three famous people deposed by attorneys about their sexual relationships would have destroyed all four men. So, he gave her the thing she wanted most so that his biggest secret could remain a secret.

Him: Tom Cruise

Her: Katie Holmes

1. Athlete: David Beckham

2. Musician: Rob Thomas

3. Actor: Jeremy Renner; Will Smith

His biggest secret: bi-sexual; not Suri’s father

you know what makes me not believe this? The fact that it says absolutely nothing new. it merely reiterates the prior rumors about him and beckham/thomas/smith/renner. then says Holmes was going to leverage that. Well....yeah

But i guess with blinds they can pull fast ones on the reader as much as the subject.

Another one I won't bother posting in the BI FOrm.

BLIND GOSSIP 07/09 **#1**

When the person who appears to have the power in a relationship backs down quickly in a dispute, you know that there have to be some compelling reasons why. Although all the talk up to this point has been about his involvement with a powerful group, there were actually three other reasons he settled so quickly. Here are the three reasons: 1. His very personal relationship with a professional athlete. 2. His very personal relationship with a musician. 3. His very personal relationship with a famous actor. She was ready and willing to expose all three relationships to get what she wanted. The scandal of having these three famous people deposed by attorneys about their sexual relationships would have destroyed all four men. So, he gave her the thing she wanted most so that his biggest secret could remain a secret.

Him: Tom Cruise

Her: Katie Holmes

1. Athlete: David Beckham

2. Musician: Rob Thomas

3. Actor: Jeremy Renner; Will Smith

His biggest secret: bi-sexual; not Suri’s father