princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

She may not have any choice but to put up with the Scienos given all the questions surrounding Suri's true parentage.

She may not have any choice but to put up with the Scienos given all the questions surrounding Suri's true parentage.

I think there's always a choice. If Katie wanted to leave Cruise, she might not get custody. She might not get money. But I bet she would (Nicole did!) As for parentage, I'm not sure what you mean by that - would TC continue child support if it's not his? If his name is on the birth certificate, yes, right? Whatever happens, I really don't think katie would ever say that Suri isn't hers & Tom's, biologically.....

I think there's always a choice. If Katie wanted to leave Cruise, she might not get custody. She might not get money. But I bet she would (Nicole did!) As for parentage, I'm not sure what you mean by that - would TC continue child support if it's not his? If his name is on the birth certificate, yes, right? Whatever happens, I really don't think katie would ever say that Suri isn't hers & Tom's, biologically.....

TC would definitely be required to pay child support, regardless of anything else. At least, in California. But I hadn't thought about the fact that Katie would have to fight for custody. I'm sure it is in the contract somewhere. I suspect they will divorce when TOM is good and ready and she may have few options. Which would explain why she is basically content: the alternatives are daunting.

My only point on the parentage is that it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the Scienos are resorting to some major scare tactics to keep Katie in the marriage if in fact Tom is not Suri's father despite what the birth certificate may say. The Scienos have got a pretty good track record of not playing nice when they are threatened and/or crossed.

But I agree with annabeast that if (when?) the marriage ends in divorce it will be 100% on Tom's terms.

I agree that Tom is mostly in a position of power here, and Katie - while dead inside - seems mostly ok to be out spending his money, chaperoned by $cienos. But I'm still unclear why or how the $cienos would be using scare tactics against Katie if TC isn't the biological father of Suri? Say Josh Harnett fathered Suri - what does Katie have to fear if that were to get out? I mean, really fear? She lied about it? So what - so did Tom Cruise. Sure, it could be spun badly for her - but I guess I don't see why that alone would be the biggest issue? Don't you think that tales of Tom's exploits would be an effective counter-measure?

It's November! Any thoughts around an announcement? They have seemed pretty low profile lately.

Very low profile. I see photos of Katie a lot, but can't recall the last time I saw one with her and Tom. I'm sure whatever announcements pop up, if any, will be well orchestrated and rehearsed.

The whole family is here in Pittsburgh while Tom films a movie. Katie and Suri have been papped multiple times, including trick or treating in the rain with Conor, but without Tom.

The whole family is here in Pittsburgh while Tom films a movie. Katie and Suri have been papped multiple times, including trick or treating in the rain with Conor, but without Tom.

OOoohhhh, nice scoop. :) I'm guessing that the actual announcement will be off by a few months so that it's not 5 years on the dot = divorce. So maybe Jan/Feb of next year??

OOoohhhh, nice scoop. :) I'm guessing that the actual announcement will be off by a few months so that it's not 5 years on the dot = divorce. So maybe Jan/Feb of next year??

I'm not sure, princess. I'm thinking they might re-up for a few more years. Tom really needs a wife to beard for the mini-van majority, and I also wonder if he will start getting antsy for an Oscar again...

(Actually, I think he should have won for Born on the Fourth of July.)

I'm not sure, princess. I'm thinking they might re-up for a few more years. Tom really needs a wife to beard for the mini-van majority, and I also wonder if he will start getting antsy for an Oscar again...

(Actually, I think he should have won for Born on the Fourth of July.)

I agree Tom would want to renew, but I just don't think Katie will go for it. She got what she wanted out of the deal already - she's become a household name, and I'm sure some big bucks and other bonus benefits. What can Tom offer her now to make her stay?? How much $$ can one person really spend??

What can Tom offer her now to make her stay??

Access to Suri.....

Agreed, but isn't Katie smart enough to have that detail worked out in the first agreement??

Access to Suri.....

Agreed, but isn't Katie smart enough to have that detail worked out in the first agreement??

I don't know if Katie is smart enough, but her dad is a lawyer, isn't he?

Access to Suri.....

And a divorce attorney at that, IIRC. However, that's still no guarantee that any custody issues would be worked out 100% in Katie's favor.

Access to Suri.....

And a divorce attorney at that, IIRC. However, that's still no guarantee that any custody issues would be worked out 100% in Katie's favor.

Well, when you dance with the devil...you take your chances. :D

Katie will renew the contract, she was promised an Oscar.

Isn't she is that Jack and Jill movie? The one getting all the horrible reviews? Looks like she's married for life to GMD if she's waiting for an Oscar.

Access to Suri.....

I just imagine that custody was worked out (even before Suri was born) in the first contract. Now if Katie didn't realize she'd actually grow to love her contract kid, perhaps she'll stay with GMD because the original agreement is no longer to her liking in terms of custody...

True. She would most likely have to give up Suri per the terms of the agreement. Just look at how it ended for Nicole! It might be enough to keep her in line.

Just look at how it ended for Nicole!

I actually always kinda thought that her kids were older and just no longer spend that much time with their folks (aren't they in college now??). The other issue is (per Ted C.), Nicole only cares about herself - even if she could spend more time with her kids, I don't think she'd want to...

Just look at how it ended for Nicole!

I actually always kinda thought that her kids were older and just no longer spend that much time with their folks (aren't they in college now??). The other issue is (per Ted C.), Nicole only cares about herself - even if she could spend more time with her kids, I don't think she'd want to...

But Isabella and Connor were all of 8 and 6 when Tom and Nicole divorced in 2001. I'm hard pressed to see how their feelings would have had any bearing on the ultimate custody arrangements given their ages at the time.

Posted Image

Tuesday, December 6th 2011

"Tom Kaun" Is All The Rage In India

D List

When Tommy Girl arrived at an airport in Mumbai to start promoting Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol in India, hundreds of screaming fans were waiting to get a peek at the completely heterosexual face that makes all mortal women instantly fall in love with it. Well, just like Katie Holmes, those "fans"were paid to act like they give a shit house shit about Tommy. The blog First Post (via Videogum) claims that a model management agency hired at least 200 people and gave all of them around $3 to play the role of a Tom Cruise fan. The best part is that most of them don't even know Tom Cruise from a bossy bottom garden gnome (that is a trick game, because there is no difference). One of the paid actors explained it to First Post like this:

“Tom kaun? (Ed note. That is a perfect name for him if you think about it) I don’t know who he is or what he does. We were told to come here by 1pm today and wait for a foreign VIP to come out of the airport gate and scream and shout when he came. None of us know who Tom is. There was a buffet lunch also for us and we were paid Rs 150 for this job today. We do this for television shows and other such events where crowds are required."

If this is true.. Oh, slap me with a Suri heel, of course this shit is true. This is Tommy Girl I'm blogging about. You show me a ho who froths at the mouth over Tommy's greatness and I'll show you a copy of the check Scientology wrote them to do so. But I can't completely make fun of Tommy for this. Tommy needs those pats on the head to go on. He's sort of like my Chihuahua that way. If I don't give him positive reinforcement, he'll just lick his own asshole in his doggy condo all day and will refuse to do anything I ask.

And those people who were paid $3 to scream for Tommy for 30 minutes got off easy. Stepford Katie doesn't even get a buffet lunch and she has to play the role of a Tom Cruise fan for the next 5 years or until her contract is finally up. You have it easy, Tom Kaun fans.