princess

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011

Tom Cruise & Katie Homes 5 Year Anniversary Nov 2011  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you all seen the trailers for Rock of Ages? I loved that musical - music from my "era" and it's so campy delicious!! I think the movie will be good (campy summer fun - this is not Oscar material but it knows it, thank goodness) - and I think Tom will actually be fine in that role. I'm really looking forward to Alec Baldwin & Russel Brand!!

Have you all seen the trailers for Rock of Ages? I loved that musical - music from my "era" and it's so campy delicious!! I think the movie will be good (campy summer fun - this is not Oscar material but it knows it, thank goodness) - and I think Tom will actually be fine in that role. I'm really looking forward to Alec Baldwin & Russel Brand!!

I've seen a trailer and will admit that I am looking forward to seeing this.

OMG, who called it?!?!?!

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes Are Divorcing

Friday June 29, 2012 01:00 PM EDT

people.com

After five years of marriage, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting a divorce, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

"This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family," says Holmes's attorney Jonathan Wolfe. "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

The Rock of Ages star, 49, wed actress Holmes, 33, in an Italian castle in November 2006. They have daughter Suri, 6.

This was Holmes's first marriage and the third for Cruise, who previously was married to the actresses Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, and Mimi Rogers.

TMZ.com

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are getting DIVORCED ... after 5 years of marriage.

Katie's attorney, Jonathan Wolfe released a statement saying, "This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family."

Wolfe adds, "Katie's primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter's best interest."

It's unclear if divorce papers have been filed with the court.

We're told Tom and Katie have a prenup. The net worth of both Tom and Katie is around $275 mil, but clearly Tom raked in most of that.

Tom and Katie have one child together, Suri, who is 6-years-old.

49-year-old Tom has 2 children from his previous marriage to Nicole Kidman. He was also married to actress Mimi Rogers from 1987 to 1990.

Cruise and 33-year-old Holmes were married in November 2006 in a lavish ceremony held at an Italian castle.

Tom has been spotted in Iceland this week where he's been shooting a movie called "Oblivion."

Katie and Suri have been spotted in NYC all week.

Posted Image

Reported by TMZ to be their last public appearance together. I guess we know why Katie is smirking :alien_dance:

Edited by princess

So who wins our poll on how long the marriage would last? I think I was at 5 years or 2 kids, whichever came first, so I'm out :tantrum:

TMZ

Katie Holmes is the one who filed for divorce and Tom Cruise was "blindsided" by Katie's legal move ... TMZ has learned.

We know Katie filed the divorce docs in New York on June 28, citing "irreconcilable differences." She is asking for sole legal custody and "primary residential custody" of the couple's 6-year-old daughter, Suri.

We also know Katie is asking for a "suitable amount" of child support.

Katie also asks for a division of property in her divorce docs, although we know there was a significant prenup that is based on California law. Katie makes no mention of the prenup in her filing.

We're told Tom "did not see this coming." We're told there is some "nastiness" here, evidenced by Katie's move to get sole legal custody.

Katie's divorce petition was filed anonymously, without names.

Katie's divorce petition was filed anonymously, without names.

How is that legal? Maybe I just don't understand the legal process for divorce but this whole sentence doesn't make sense.

OMG! I came here right away when I read the news. I'm guessing that Katie's petition for sole custody is to keep Suri away from the zenu clan as much as possible.

I'm guessing that Katie's petition for sole custody is to keep Suri away from the zenu clan as much as possible.

Especially since she wants sole legal custody, but just primary residential custody.

Tommy Boy surprised by the filing my ass. :D

Lainey has mentioned a few rumours in her piece on this

http://laineygossip.com/Articles/Details/2...from-Tom-Cruise

-Her public play will be to paint him as a workaholic, taking job after job and having no time for family. This certainly helps her on the custody side of the argument.

-He was asking her to reconsider and wait another 6 months. She told him she’d think about it but, with support from her family, went for it anyway, and stopped taking his calls two days ago.

-There’s a rumour going around that I can’t lock down that she wants new staff around her and doesn’t want to be spied on anymore.

-Tom was papped on set in Iceland the other day but there’s some confusion now about where he is. No one can find him.

The daily mail article on this is entertaining, looks like its from katie's side as its definitely painting Tom in a bad light. I also liked this quote:

Miss Holmes, a nice girl from Ohio who is nevertheless very aware of why Cruise feels the need to play the macho card in public...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...cing-years.html

The daily mail article on this is entertaining, looks like its from katie's side as its definitely painting Tom in a bad light. I also liked this quote:

Miss Holmes, a nice girl from Ohio who is nevertheless very aware of why Cruise feels the need to play the macho card in public...

Ha ha ha, love it!! :jumping1:

Meaning that she has understood her role as beard for hire.

As far as filing anonymously -- doe plaintiff was used in the case against Travolta and doe defendants are named all the time. Court records are public so I can see how it would be necessary to keep income and expense information private as well as certain allegations.

Kind of feel bad for the GMD -- what with this and his movie tanking, TommyBoy is not having a good week.

I guess the contract expired. Interesting that she's filing for full legal custody. Unless she can prove he's a danger to Suri (or blackmails him into agreeing to it), it's unlikely she'll get it. It's much easier to get full physical custody with joint legal custody. I wonder how the prenup will pay into this. It will be interesting to see how this goes down.

A follow up from Lainey:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Detai...eave-Tom-Cruise

I'm intrigued and saddened by this sentence: "As for the “big bang moment”, just like it was with Nicole Kidman, there’s a theory that she observed something that shocked her out of her Xenu hypnosis, something behavioural that may have had to do with their daughter." I wasn't much into gossip back when Tom and Nicole split up, anyone able to shed some light on this??

A follow up from Lainey:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Articles/Detai...eave-Tom-Cruise

I'm intrigued and saddened by this sentence: "As for the “big bang moment”, just like it was with Nicole Kidman, there’s a theory that she observed something that shocked her out of her Xenu hypnosis, something behavioural that may have had to do with their daughter." I wasn't much into gossip back when Tom and Nicole split up, anyone able to shed some light on this??

Rumor had it TommyBoy shoots blanks (think turkey baster blanks though, no actual touching involved :D). So when Nicole got pregnant, he knew she was fooling around. They filed for divorce right before/after she lost the baby to miscarriage. That's what I remember....

IN reading what Lainey is saying, I'm thinking Tom tried pulling Suri into the Scientology Cult more than Katie is comfortable with... That's what TMZ is reporting too.