Kath

Who will Divorce Next?

John Mellencamp and his wife, Elaine Irwin Mellencamp, are splitting up after 18 years of marriage, their rep says.

The Mellencamps "are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family," said publicist Bob Merlis, who declined to say Thursday whether the two had filed for divorce yet.

The Indiana rocker, 59, and the Almay cosmetics model, 41 -- who met in 1991, got engaged after dating for 10 weeks and married in 1992 -- have two teenage sons together. Elaine is the "Pink Houses" singer's third wife. He has three other children from the two other marriages.

They first crossed paths at work, according to the Hollywood Reporter -- she was booked to appear on the cover of his album "Whenever We Wanted."

Sean Penn said he gave up half his worth in his divorce last year from Robin Wright Penn. He told the Hollywood Reporter, "A . . . profound change in life for me personally was not being able to raise my son in a whole family through high school." He added, "I got practical issues, like everybody . . . I had just got taken for one half of everything I had in the divorce, so it's not like I don't have to work." But it didn't prevent him from volunteering in Haiti after the earthquake. He's worked hard there rebuilding homes and schools -- "This is where I'll be when I'm not working, for the rest of my life."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/penn_speak...N#ixzz1AAVguu00

Didn't want to give up half your worth? Shoulda kept your dick in your own pants, you asshole........

^^Half of everything is still a whole lot more than 99.9999975% of people outside of Hollywood and Wall Street have. STFU and be thankful for what you do have, Sean.

Is anyone else surprised that only two of the couples in the original poll have split? And looking at the possibilities, I wouldn't have put those two at the top of my "most likely to" list.

Not anouncing divorce yet... but doesn't look promising...

"Marc Mezvinksky, the Stanford grad-turned-investment banker who married Chelsea Clinton last summer, is taking a few months off to hone his skiing technique.

According to the New York Post's Page Six, Mezvinksky left his job at New York-based hedge fund G3 Capital before the holidays and has been hitting the powder at Jackson Hole, Wyo., ever since. But it's OK, maritally speaking - Chelsea plans to fly in for a visit every few weeks or so.

G3 Capital must have one heck of a vacation benefit.

Traditionally, a young man becomes a ski bum before beginning his "real life" - a serious job and marriage. He rents out a house with 12 buddies, sleeps on a couch and works as a lift attendant or "pearl diver" (dish washer) in return for a season pass and beer money.

Mezvinksky's trajectory of banker to married-man-with-famous-wife to ski bum presumably guarantees more comfortable accommodations without scrubbing pots. Still, leaving your bride of less than a year alone in your Fifth Avenue apartment for months doesn't look good.

Someone might get the impression the marriage is going downhill.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hottop...1CusGeanY"

Ashlee Simpson Files for Divorce

TMZ has learned ... Ashlee Simpson just filed for divorce from hubby Pete Wentz.

In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Simpson cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.

She's asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of two-year-old Bronx.

Simpson, who is repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is also asking for spousal and child support. Wentz is repped by Stacy Phillips.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup.

The couple married in May, 2008.

Well, when your husband wears eyeliner and confesses to enjoying parting with the boys...c'mon, Ashlee.