princess

Celeb Death Watch

I was so disappointed to hear this. I wonder if he was done filming Mockingjay?

The studio said he had one more week of filming left.

This is so sad. He was really talented.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=851739

Say what you will in this day and age of cynicism and skepticism, but Shirley Temple's movies still make me smile.

Here is one child actress who made a life for herself after Hollywood.

They were airing a bunch of her in movies singing this morning as I listened to the news and got ready for work. I forgot how many cute songs she did in movies :) RIP Shirley :(

From the last day or two...

(CNN) -- Sid Caesar, whose clever, anarchic comedy on such programs as "Your Show of Shows" and "Caesar's Hour" helped define the 1950s "Golden Age of Television," has died. He was 91.

-----///

Ralph Waite, who was beloved to TV viewers as the ultimate father figure, John Walton, on The Waltons, has died. He passed away at midday on Thursday at his home in South Palm Desert, Steve Gordon, the accountant for the Waite family, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Ralph Waite, who was beloved to TV viewers as the ultimate father figure, John Walton, on The Waltons, has died. He passed away at midday on Thursday at his home in South Palm Desert, Steve Gordon, the accountant for the Waite family, told The Hollywood Reporter.

Good night John. RIP

I used to watch that show all the time.

Good night John. RIP

Not just John Walton, but for some younger viewers, father to Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) and grandfather to Seeley Booth (Bones).

I completely forgot he was also Reverend Norman in Carnivale!

Good night John. RIP

Not just John Walton, but for some younger viewers, father to Leroy Jethro Gibbs (NCIS) and grandfather to Seeley Booth (Bones).

I completely forgot he was also Reverend Norman in Carnivale!

He'd also been playing a religious character, Father Matt, over the last few years on the soap Days of Our Lives.

Harold Ramis died. I am so sad. God I love Ghostbusters. Animal House. Caddyshack. All my 80s favorites! He was 69. Which doesn't seem old on one hand, but on the other hand - he was 69??!!

http://www.tmz.com/2014/02/24/harold-ramis-dead/

Well fuck. They were ramping up to make a new one too -- Bill Murray had finally said he would do it. :(

Philip Seymour Hoffman Died from Mix of Heroin, Cocaine and More Drugs

By Michele Corriston

02/28/2014 at 04:15 PM EST

people.com

Philip Seymour Hoffman died from acute mixed drug intoxication, the New York City medical examiner's office announced Friday.

Heroin, cocaine, benzodiazepines and amphetamine were found in his system, :shocked: said spokeswoman Julie Bolcer. His death was ruled an accident.

The first autopsy conducted on his body was ruled inconclusive earlier this month.

Hoffman was discovered dead in his apartment Feb. 2 from an apparent overdose. He was 46. He is survived by girlfriend Mimi O'Donnell and their three children.

The Oscar-winning actor had struggled with drugs throughout his life, most recently checking into rehab for heroin in May after being sober for more than 20 years.

NEWS/ Basketball Diaries Director Scott Kalvert Dead at 49, Considered Possible Suicide

Another creative flame has been snuffed out before its time.

Scott Kalvert, who directed a young Leonardo DiCaprio in the 1995 drama The Basketball Diaries, was found dead at his home in Woodland Hills, Calif., on Wednesday afternoon.

He was 49 and coroner's investigators are treating his death as a possible suicide, according to The Hollywood Reporter. No other information was available yet as to what authorities found when they arrived at his house.

Mark Wahlberg recently stirred up some Basketball Diaries dirt when he told THR that DiCaprio tried to keep Wahlberg out of the movie because he was sore over some trash-talking

"Leonardo was like, 'Over my dead f---ing body. Marky Mark's not going to be in this f---ing movie,'" the Lone Survivor star recalled. "Because we'd had a thing—I didn't even realize it, [but] I was a bit of a dick to him at a charity basketball game. So he was like, 'This f---ing a--hole is not going to be in this movie.'"

But it turned out that Wahlberg had an in with the director.

Before making his feature directorial debut on The Basketball Diaries, Kalvert was best known for directing music videos, among them Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch's "Good Vibrations," D.J. Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince's "Parents Just Don't Understand,"" and Taylor Dayne's "Tell It to My Heart."

Kalvert also directed New Kids On The Block's 1993 video for "Dirty Dawg," an association remembered fondly by NKOTB's Donnie Wahlberg.

"#RIP to a dear friend; Scott Kalvert," he tweeted this morning. "The role you played in mine, and my brother [Mark's] career success, can't be measured. You'll be missed."

Kalvert's directed one other feature film, 2002's Deuces Wild, starring the rather even-more-interesting-in-hindsight ensemble of Stephen Dorff, Brad Renfro, Drea de Matteo, James Franco, Frankie Muniz, Fairuza Balk, Norman Reedus, Debbie Harry and Matt Dillon.

More recently, he produced a Bad Religion concert movie in 2006 and served as an executive producer on the Nick Cannon-directed School Gyrls.

Information on survivors wasn't immediately available.

Source: E! Online

Designer and Mick jagger girlfriend l'wrenn scott commits suicide?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/wren-s...ticle-1.1724198

Wow. That's kinda shocking.

Yeah, no kidding! Her Paris apartment was just profiled in a magazine I get (but I cannot remember which one - don't think it was Architectural Digest so maybe Town & Country?) Her clothing line seems to be doing well, though she didn't show this past NYFW.....

Designer and Mick jagger girlfriend l'wrenn scott commits suicide?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/wren-s...ticle-1.1724198

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 03/13 **#10**

She is not dead, or at least don't think she is dead. I think people would say something if she died although she has disappeared from the face of the earth and no one is saying much of anything right now. She is a C list celebrity but is A list in her own little corner of the celebrity world. Her boyfriend is a permanent A lister and has been cheating on her almost everyday for the past month which also adds fuel to the fire. They used to be inseparable. Now they are not only separated but he is having his way with groupies and celebrities and other people taller than him. There are reports she had a breakdown because he was cheating on her. She canceled a huge event she was working on and has retreated into a hospital to get help although some people say she is hiding out at her home with medical professionals. You would think people would be talking by now but just the whispers getting louder. I think when her boyfriend gets back home the whispering will be much louder.

Honestly, my first thought after "oh no!" was "I wonder if Mick was cheating?" He traded Jerry in for a younger model (L'Wren), so I wouldn't be surprised if he'd been testing the waters again.

Was just reading that she cancelled her recent LFW show saying items weren't ready. Bit of a shocker.

Sorry - I did mean London, not New York.

New reports her company was in massive debt http://gothamist.com/2014/03/18/lwren_scot...mil.php#photo-1

I guess debt and a cheating boyfriend might be enough, if you have a history of depression and/or suicidal ideation?

Really sad, especially if it was caused in any part by money problems. I have been there more than once and it sometimes seems that checking out is the only solution, but financial problems eventually resolve one way or another. Thankfully they can't put you in jail for debts in the US. The cheating boyfriend couldn't have been a surprise, but I'm sure it hurt. We don't know what else may have been going on. She looked like a person who had everything I would ever want. I wish she had been able to get help before this impulse was carried out.

Anyone here who gets to feeling that bad please tell us. It's anonymous. We won't judge you; Lord knows we all have closets crammed with skeletons. And we care about each other. We really do. You can rant and weep all you need to. Never let it get to a point of no return. Please.

RIP Ms. Scott.

I LOVE how all the Gothamist posts on her death have featured a line at the bottom with the number for a suicide hotline!

If someone you know exhibits warning signs of suicide: do not leave the person alone; remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt; and call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional.