princess

Celeb Death Watch

I LOVE how all the Gothamist posts on her death have featured a line at the bottom with the number for a suicide hotline!

If someone you know exhibits warning signs of suicide: do not leave the person alone; remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt; and call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional.

I still hear "if they talk about it they won't do it" which is BS.

I LOVE how all the Gothamist posts on her death have featured a line at the bottom with the number for a suicide hotline!

If someone you know exhibits warning signs of suicide: do not leave the person alone; remove any firearms, alcohol, drugs or sharp objects that could be used in a suicide attempt; and call the U.S. National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) or take the person to an emergency room or seek help from a medical or mental health professional.

Gothamist does that for all of their stories that deal with suicide deaths, not just famous ones.

Edited by Lady Frost

Gothamist does that for all of their stories that deal with suicide deaths, not just famous ones.

Good for them! I don't read that blog a ton (and have only been reading it a year or so?)

And the 3rd in this version of "Death comes in 3s" is John Pinette.....

Mickey Rooney was a legend and I'm glad he lived so long! Peaches Geldof and John Pinette died far too young.

And the 3rd in this version of "Death comes in 3s" is John Pinette.....

Mickey Rooney was a legend and I'm glad he lived so long! Peaches Geldof and John Pinette died far too young.

John Pinette was hysterical. I guess all the Chinese buffets are safe now. :(

(if you know some of his routines, you will get that.)

Surprised but not surprised about Peaches. Sad though to leave two young sons who will barely remember her.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I am the only person who has no idea who she is. :3huh: I could just google her, but I'm afraid what I'll find if I search "Peaches" :D

One of Bob Geldof's daughters (he of Boomtown Rats/I Hate Mondays as well as LiveAid) and daughter of Paula Yates (who died of a drug OD when she was with Michael Hutchence of INXS) Bob Geldof adopted Yates & Hutchence's daughter (Tiger Lily....All the girls have "interesting" names ;-)

Peaches was 25 - had done some modeling, maybe on Brit tv? Know she was in the gossip columns in the UK and more visible there, I imagine as pretty-ish daughter of famous & rich parents, like Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie?

She was one her 2nd marriage and had 2 young sons with that 2nd husband.

One of Bob Geldof's daughters (he of Boomtown Rats/I Hate Mondays as well as LiveAid) and daughter of Paula Yates (who died of a drug OD when she was with Michael Hutchence of INXS) Bob Geldof adopted Yates & Hutchence's daughter (Tiger Lily....All the girls have "interesting" names ;-)

Peaches was 25 - had done some modeling, maybe on Brit tv? Know she was in the gossip columns in the UK and more visible there, I imagine as pretty-ish daughter of famous & rich parents, like Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie?

She was one her 2nd marriage and had 2 young sons with that 2nd husband.

Tox reports must have just come out - they're saying heroin overdose.....

:(

Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday in a New York City apartment of an apparent drug overdose ... TMZ has learned authorities found a needle in his arm.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... the actor was found Sunday morning inside a Greenwich apartment ... and they're still on scene investigating.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2sC9TAR31

Philip Seymour Hoffman leaves $35M fortune to partner instead of kids

He left behind three children ages 10 and under — and the entirety of his estimated $35 million fortune to their mother, his longtime partner, Mimi O'Donnell.

Why didn't Hoffman bequeath any of his estate directly to his son and two daughters? According to documents filed in Manhattan's Surrogate Court and obtained this week by E! News, Hoffman had told his accountant that he "did not want his children to be considered 'trust fund' kids."

http://www.today.com/parents/philip-seymour-hoffman-leaves-35m-partner-instead-kids-1D79959171

Edited by MissuTam

I'm not sure I understand why anyone thinks this is out of the ordinary to make such a big deal of in the media. My husband and I are each other's beneficiary and our children will inherit from the surviving spouse. I mean, why wouldn't you provide for your spouse first? This is pretty typical in a situation where there are no step-parents involved as far as I know. Most of our friends have their wills set up the same way.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I understand why anyone thinks this is out of the ordinary to make such a big deal of in the media. My husband and I are each other's beneficiary and our children will inherit from the surviving spouse. I mean, why wouldn't you provide for your spouse first? This is pretty typical in a situation where there are no step-parents involved as far as I know. Most of our friends have their wills set up the same way.

I always thought the same thing about the Spelling situation too.

I always thought the same thing about the Spelling situation too.

I agree.

I also don't find anything scandalous about signing pre-nups. (something I didn't understand when I was younger but fortunately came to appreciate before I had to sign one ;-) Family business, family money, taking care of kids from previous marriages, whatever.

Plus, you know -their money, their rules. I do know that many wealthy people put money into trusts for kids because it's better for taxes than for spouses? Put the money in a trust for the kids & surviving spouse lives on income from the trust etc.

But again - their money, they decide whatever they want to do with it....(my in-laws actually tried to bribe me to have kids so they could use them in their own estate planning...I declined ;-)

Edited by Hoyaheel

^^^ I don't mean to nitpick, but an attempt would mean that he tried to take himself only to fail at it. If this was a suicude, his mission has been accomplished. (shaking my head)

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. If it wasn't a suicide, may the person responsible be found and busted for it.

Lauren Bacall Dead at 89 37 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

Lauren Bacall -- one of the leading ladies of the Golden Age of Hollywood -- is dead ... TMZ has learned.

A family member tells us Bacall had a massive stroke Tuesday morning at her home.

Bacall -- who famously starred with and married Humphrey Bogart -- starred in a slew of movies, including "The Mirror Has Two Faces," "How to Marry a Millionaire" and "Designing Woman."

One of Bacall's biggest movies was with Bogart -- "Key Largo" in 1948.

She married Bogart in 1945 and they were together until his death in 1957.

Bacall married Jason Robards in 1961. They divorced in 1969.

Bacall had 3 children.

Lauren recently appeared on an episode of "Family Guy" ... as a friend of Peter's mom, named Evelyn.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3AE5FGspB

The last of the Mitford sisters, Dowager Duchess of Devonshire (Debo) has died at age 94. As usual, LOVE the obits from the UK

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/obituaries/article4217400.ece

I have enjoyed reading many of the histories of the sisters over the years, and have read some of their letters to each other, but oddly, none of their famous (or infamous) fiction or non-fiction. Though I'm pretty sure I have a few of the books in my library to-read piles....