princess

Celeb Death Watch

I'm an occasional Days watcher. I know Stefano was on the show pretty recently. More recently than I would have thought someone with that late stage Alzheimer's would be able to work.

If you were ever a fan of Days of Our Lives, this is gonna hurt: Joseph Mascolo http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/dayss-joseph-mascolo-passes-away-87/

This awful fucking year continues....

I remember this man from the two years that I watched The Bold And The Beautiful.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. According to his page at the IMDB website his last appearance on Days Of Our Lives was shown five months ago on July 7th.

Alan Thicke (69).

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2016/12/13/alan-thicke-dead/

TV icon Alan Thicke has died ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Alan had a heart attack while he was playing hockey with his 19-year-old son, Carter. He was transported to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center around noon today, and pronounced dead there.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... a company that recovers organs was contacted, so some of Thicke's organs could be donated.

He's survived by his 3 sons -- Robin, Brennan and Carter ... and his wife, Tanya.

Alan played hockey regularly at a rink in Burbank. We're told he and Carter were on the ice around 11 AM when he started having chest pain, then got nauseous and vomited. The ambulance picked him up around 11:30 and took him to the hospital.

The Canadian born actor was most famous for his role as Jason Seaver, the dad on the '80s sitcom, "Growing Pains." Most recently, he was on the Netflix reboot, "Fuller House."

He also hosted game shows, talk shows, and wrote several famous TV show theme songs for "Diff'rent Strokes," "Wheel of Fortune" as well as "Growing Pains."

Alan was 69.

THE LAST TIME WE SAW HIM

TMZ.com

1213-launch-alan-thicke-getty-02

Edited by dixiedoodah

^^^ And the beat goes on. This is my favorite rendition of the Growing Pains theme song.

God bless you and Alan's family and TV family always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love how each family member is all dressed up in their final picture. Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

Yep, 2016 totally sucks.

I LOVE that he was playing hockey with his son, though. I mean, dying sucks, but when you have to go - doing something you love with the people you love? Has to be one of the better ways.....

Also - organ donor. LOVE him!!!

• Like 2

Mr Doodah was literally on the ice with our 15 year old when the news broke. When I told him about it, he felt very similarly, Hoya. Doing what you love with the people you love.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 3

Just goes to show you that age is relative. When I used to watch Bewitched as a child, I thought he was an old man. In reality, he was 39-45 when he filmed that show, younger than I am now.

I have all of Carrie Fisher's books on Audible and have listened to them over and over. I'm not ready to lose her. I feel like she is a friend. And she is only five years older than I am. I hold out hope that she can survive this.

• Like 2

Nope. Not George Michael. I'm in denial over this. As I was in denial over his sexuality ;-) My nanny was good friends with his family....

Fuck 2016. I'm not so sure the next 4 years will be an improvement.

• Like 5

George Michael was a shock, although I expected an overdose for years. I will miss him.

I'm concerned about Queen Elizabeth. I know her mother lived long, but that doesn't mean she will. A "heavy cold" could go into pneumonia at her age.

• Like 4