princess

Celeb Death Watch

I just went through and counted - 61 deaths we (chitchatters) have noted this year (not counting family and friends we have mentioned - my family lost three in the same generation on same side of family - My mom's side and generation - all of them in their 60s)

I just can't anymore

Edited by branchop

I just went through and counted - 61 deaths we (chitchatters) have noted this year (not counting family and friends we have mentioned - my family lost three in the same generation on same side of family - My mom's side and generation - all of them in their 60s)

I just can't anymore

:blink:

I just can't anymore

(((((hugs))))) What an extraordinarily crappy year all around.

I don't think the next year or the next four years for that matter are going to be any better in terms of celebrity deaths or otherwise. It's mostly the baby boomers who are getting older now. While we expect people to live into their seventies based on averages and such, you start seeing an increase in deaths in the fifties and sixties at least from my experience. That's when people start to succumb to heart related issues and cancer, which is what I think we've been seeing.

• Like 2

I agree that the next couple of years are going to be rough due to the aging of the boomers. I do wonder if many of the heart related issues we've been seeing among the celebrity set are related to years of hard living finally coming home to roost. After all, the phrase "party like rock stars" didn't come out of thin air. ;)

I also hope that the Grim Reaper decides to take a breather in 2017. Leave Betty White alone!!!!

• Like 1

I brought up the age thing (there were more "celebs" starting in the 70s & 80s due to media proliferation, as well as the fact that as a GenXer the people who are dying now are the ones I'm most familiar with due to my own age)

First time I brought that up on FB (over the summer?) I was shot down. I'm sticking to my demography lessons here, though....And agreeing the next few years aren't going to be different......

I also hope that the Grim Reaper decides to take a breather in 2017. Leave Betty White alone!!!!

I'm assuming you saw this, right? :D

Man launches GoFundMe to 'Protect Betty White from 2016'

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/nation-now/2016/12/28/man-launches-gofundme-protect-betty-white-2016/95904556/

• Like 2

NBC news just said she was having trouble breathing, no update on her status. Hadn't heard "stroke". But she's been in fragile health for a while now...