princess

Celeb Death Watch

I'm so sad about Gregg Allman. I should have gone to the funeral. I'm about 20 minutes away, but I'm not good with crowds. After things settle down I will go visit his grave. I assume he is buried down by Duane and Berry Oakley. Rose Hill Cemetery is beautiful but you have to climb like a mountain goat to get around there.

I'm so sad about Gregg Allman. I should have gone to the funeral. I'm about 20 minutes away, but I'm not good with crowds. After things settle down I will go visit his grave. I assume he is buried down by Duane and Berry Oakley. Rose Hill Cemetery is beautiful but you have to climb like a mountain goat to get around there.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gregg-allman-laid-to-rest-at-macon-funeral-w485721

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/gregg-allman-laid-to-rest-at-macon-funeral-w485721

I love that Jimmy Carter attended to pay his respects.

• Like 1

This made me beyond sad if there is such a thing. I was so hoping that she had pulled her shit together. :(

• Like 1

I've just finished reading the Sookie Stackhouse books - contemplating watching True Blood - the first few seasons, at least, are on Amazon Prime. If I liked the stories (but found the writing puerile) will I enjoy the show?

[also, Nelsan Ellis was on Elementary and was killed at the end of the season - I wonder if he had been sick and asked to be let go? Very sad!!!]

The show is different enough from the books that you won't feel like you've been spoiled. Started out better than it ended, by the end I was more than ready for the show (and the books, frankly) to be over.

• Like 2

Well, I totally agree about the books, and I think the author does too. She had moved on and just wrote something to get it finished.....

Next time I have a slow week, I'll try to check out a couple episodes and see if I enjoy or not. Thanks!

Not sure if it's an actual increase in death by suicide, or just that the cause of death is more specific now (not as much stigma) and/or there's just more coverage/publicity of EVERYTHING.

• Like 1