princess

Celeb Death Watch

He used to be a radio DJ here in Charlotte. This is sad

Yep, and he's been on Sirius XM recently...

I've listened to him everyday on Sirius for years. I'm totally heartbroken. So funny, so subversive, so sweet, so knowledgeable. I'll miss him.

• Like 1

From TMZ. Having been a part of these discussions before, this is a sad choice to have to make.

Update:

We're told after Petty got to the hospital he had no brain activity and a decision was made to pull life support.

Tom Petty was rushed to the hospital Sunday night after he was found unconscious, not breathing and in full cardiac arrest ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

EMTs rushed to his Malibu home and were able to get a pulse. He was rushed to the UCLA Santa Monica Hospital and our sources say he was put on life support.

Petty's condition is unknown but was critical from the moment he was found.

Petty, who became famous with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1978 with "Breakdown," is 66.

We've been in touch with numerous people from Petty's camp and they are clearly upset but not talking.

Tom Petty?!? :(

Yes. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

ETA: Hold up, now they are retracting and saying he has not passed yet. There's been no retraction that there was no brain activity so maybe they are waiting for family to get there?

How the hell do they screw this stuff up?

Edited by Hihomumio

Tom Petty?!? :(

Yes. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-petty-legendary-rocker-is-dead-at-66/

ETA: Hold up, now they are retracting and saying he has not passed yet. There's been no retraction that there was no brain activity so maybe they are waiting for family to get there?

How the hell do they screw this stuff up?

I'm sure the lawyers are licking their chops over this whole turn of events.

His family spokesman posted a message that he passed tonight at 8:40 pm PT. Im sure the time was listed specifically to address the earlier reports. I also wouldnt be surprised if they agreed to stop life support earlier but waited on actually removing it to allow all of his family to be there and that caused some of the early reports. Still had to be extra hard on the family dealing with the invasiveness of the reporting.

• Like 1

I remember watching Soap & Benson with my mom as a kid, and I LOVED the (sadly short-lived) Sports Night. He was an amazing actor. And on Broadway - wow!

Oh NO!! I still read Liz Smith every day at New York Social Diary but I've been traveling without a computer the past few days and haven't been on any of my regular sites. A Grand Old Dame by all accounts!!!

I guess to complete the set of three, actor Earl Hymann and actress Ann Wedgeworth have also gone forward at ages 91 and 83. Ann is from Three's Company and Earl was Mr. Huxtable from The Cosby Show.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart