princess

Celeb Death Watch

2 hours ago, princess said:

‘Saved by the Bell’ star Dustin Diamond dead at 44

https://pagesix.com/2021/02/01/dustin-diamond-dead-at-44-after-cancer-battle/

Ouch, that was fast.

One of the shows to blame for my interest in American high school culture, as a kid in 90s U.K. it was shown during school summer holidays and seemed so exotic! 

So fast, and no age at all. 

• Like 1

Captain Von Trapp has died 😞 Christopher Plummer, age 91.

I saw him as Macbeth on the stage in New Haven, back in the 80s. Wow. What an actor.

• Like 2

I loved Beverly Cleary books as a child and now my daughter’s teacher is reading Beezus and Ramona in her first grade class and my daughter loves it too. RIP Beverly Cleary. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Helen McCrory, who played Narcissa Malfoy in the Harry Potter films, has died at the age of 52.

I think they kept her cancer fight private so this was a massive shock to me. A brilliant actress; wife to Damian Lewis. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-56770593

Edited by Wordsworth
Typo
  • Sad 2

Tawny Kitaen died, age 59. I *know* I'm not the only GenXer who wanted her hair and might have possibly at one time tried to roll around on a car like she did 😉 Haven't seen cause of death yet 😞

Maxiedad and I caught one of her Whitesnake videos just the other day ago and promptly went down the path of "whatever happened to Tawny Kitaen....?"

RIP Tawny.

• Like 1

I just read that Night Court actor Charles Robinson has gone forward at the age of 75 due to cardiac arrest.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. After Night Court ended, he had a nine episode appearance on the Home Improvement show as Tim's Tool Time boss, Bud Harper that is, starting in season five which began in the fall of 1995.

The newest people to go forward is country singer Razzy Bailey and actress Markie Post who is another cast member of the Night Court show. She was 70. Razzy was 82.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. Sadly for the last few years, cancer was on Markie's plate. As of right now, it has not been said what Razzy had going against him.

James Michael Tyler, who played Gunther on 'Friends,' dies at 59

"Michael loved live music, cheering on his Clemson Tigers, and would often find himself in fun and unplanned adventures," his manager said.

By Diana Dasrath, Tim Stelloh and Caroline Radnofsky
Oct. 24, 2021, 6:31 PM EDT / Updated Oct. 25, 2021, 4:28 AM EDT
1635162905935_tdy_news_7a_thompson_james_michael_taylor_211025_1920x1080-na6iyd.jpg

James Michael Tyler, the actor best known for his role as Gunther, the general manager of the Central Perk coffee shop on “Friends,” died Sunday of cancer, his manager said. He was 59.

Tyler, who was diagnosed with an advanced form of prostate cancer in September 2018, became an advocate for others with the disease, his manager, Toni Benson, said in a statement.

• Sad 1

Another legendary actor has come and gone: Dean Stockwell. He was 85 and he went of natural causes.

Holly

P.S. The three films of his that I have seen are the Langoliers, Air Force One, and The Nanny Express.

10 hours ago, James Otto Sweet Heart said:

Another legendary actor has come and gone: Dean Stockwell. He was 85 and he went of natural causes.

Holly

P.S. The three films of his that I have seen are the Langoliers, Air Force One, and The Nanny Express.

Oh that does make me sad. He’s been so good in so many things. 

Another legendary actor to go forward recently is the man who gave us John Abbott from The Young And The Restless, Jerry Douglas that is. What makes his departure so sad is that it happened just three days before what would've been his 89th birthday. A short illness is what gets the evil eye.

Holly