princess

Celeb Death Watch

^^^ He was shown talking about his foot ball coach last night on the Entertainment Tonight show. I think he said that he accidently stepped on the guy's foot once and the man said, "Get off of me you big hunk of meat loaf!" (smiles)

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

• Like 1

https://people.com/tv/bob-saget-cause-of-death-revealed/

This news only takes me back to what happened with that lady named Natasha Richardson, only what happened with her was a skiing incident I believe it was. Still, she didn't get checked out and of course you know the rest. frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif

God bless you and her family and the Saget family always!!!

Holly

I am naturally clumsy and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve really really whacked my head. Hard enough to see stars. My family always jokes that they are going to make me wear a helmet or put pool noodles on the car door. I have a tiny little bone growth on my forehead, you can’t really see it but you can feel it, from one of those accidents. I call it my unicorn horn. Things like this freak me out because how do you know when a bump is deadly? So sad. I guess I had kind of assumed it was going to be a blood clot or heart issue post Covid.

Wow, would never have guessed that.  I too am a klutz, sure will make me think twice next time I bang my head. :(

17 hours ago, James Otto Sweet Heart said:

Natasha Richardson, only what happened with her was a skiing incident I believe it was. Still, she didn't get checked out and of course you know the rest. frown.gif frown.gif frown.gif

Yes, Natasha died from a head injury sustained in a skiing crash. She wasn't treated on the slopes but she DID go to a hospital soon after, then another where she went into a coma, and died. Sonny Bono also died from a skiing injury. I skied a LOT between 1986-1998 - no helmet - and rarely since then. I don't own my own equipment anymore so the first time I went skiing in the "modern" age and had to wear a helmet (included in a rental package) - eek - I HATE it. I'm claustrophobic (I don't like wearing ski boots now either) but I did it anyway.....

The newest person to go forward is country singer from the 1990s Jeff Carson. A heart attack is what took him and what's worse is his only being 58 years old. This song went all the way to #1 for him in 1995.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P454rMxel0

Holly

The newest person to let go of is actor Gilbert Gottfried. He was 67. I love watching him in the Saved By The Bell film named Wedding In Las Vegas. 

Holly
P.S. A message for Gilbert: Can you please tell Dustin (Screech) that we miss him down here?

According to this write up here, today's Country Music Hall Of Fame induction ceremony for Naomi and Wynonna will go on.

God bless you and the family always!!!

Holly

P.S. Next Sunday will be worse with the day being Mother's Day and all.

Wondering if she died by suicide as Wynonna & Ashley gave cause of death as "mental illness" which Naomi has been quite open about for a long time (good for her). I know she has had a lot of health issues over the years. They just performed recently and still sound amazing.

^^^ We don't know for sure if it was suicide. Number one, we don't know if she was found in bed with no response or in a whole other way. Because she did have other health issues, they very well could've been the reason for this nightmare. If she wasn't found with a gun in her hand or worse, an autopsy will tell the true story. The only question is will we ever know more about what happened? I understand completely why privacy is wanted whenever it is wanted, but at the end of the day, remaining quiet will only add more power to a perpetrator's arsenal. 

God bless you and the Judd family always!!!

Holly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DlRVEnDhSU

What I love so much about Wynonna is her ability to crack a really good joke even if it isn't her true intention. I love her honesty and how she doesn't candy coat anything. icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif

God bless you and her and Ashley always!!!

Holly
P.S. I want to put my arms around Ashley when she is given her mother's medal. 
  • Like 1

They are reporting died by suicide this morning with not many more details.

When family says "died from mental health", really, there aren't a lot of options. I don't need to know how she died - I know that's terrible to report, honestly, it's a horrible trigger - but I do think it's important to know that even those who are open about their problems can't escape them..... 

• Sad 1

Another country music legend has gone forward: Mickey Gilley at the age of 86.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/country-music-legend-mickey-gilley-dead-at-86/ar-AAX1Sji?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2416abe3bfa04b5f87f4b4ce9b9ddc83

Holly

P.S. My most favorite songs from him are "That's All That Matters To Me" and "Paradise Tonight".

I should put this in music.....Wynonna and Brandi Carlile singing The Rose (a HUGE favorite of my childhood!!) at Naomi's remembrance celebration. Damn.

John Travolta wrote a lovely eulogy for her. Didn't Kelly Preston die of breast cancer too? Oof. [don't know for sure ONJ died from breast cancer]

She did live with breast cancer for at least 30 years - I remember a couple of "active" relapses she announced over time - but that is damn good survivorship there!

Yeah, I was talking to my husband. Sad, but entirely unsurprising. 

On another note, not dead, but at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony yesterday Duran Duran was inducted and they announced that their original guitarist, Andy Taylor, has terminal cancer (ETA I just read the actual letter and it says Stage 4, not terminal, but it’s still not curable and I would imagine the very recent change in his ability to travel isn’t a good sign) and was unable to travel to the ceremony. 

Edited by dixiedoodah

Another country music legend has gone forward: Jeff Cook of the band named Alabama. He was 73 and was said to have had the Parkinson's Disease sickness.

God bless you and his family and the remaining members of the act always!!!

Holly

P.S. Jeff was always the one who played the fiddle in their music.