princess

Celeb Death Watch

I occasionally would catch some of Days in the afternoons during lunch until it went to streaming this fall. He was working pretty recently but looked quite I’ll and was pretty much always seated in scenes. 

• Like 1

I've been watching Days since I was a toddler in day care - stopped when it switched to streaming (I was recording every day and FFing most of it, so....I do still read weekly recaps) I noticed a couple years ago whenever he was on, he would mostly be seated. But I knew he wasn't young and I appreciated he still wanted to be there and act! (he's not the oldest either! Doug Horton - played by Bill Hayes - is 96 and still shows up regularly!!!)

• Like 1

I read yesterday that actor Clarence Gilyard of the original Walker, Texas Ranger TV show has passed away at the age of 66. He gave us the character of Ranger James Trivette. To me, he only got better with every season of the show.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly (one of the show's many fans)

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

The newest person to go forward is Bob McGrath who gave us Bob from the Sesame Street children's show. He was 90 years old. 

https://www.tmz.com/2022/12/04/sesame-street-actor-bob-mcgrath-dead-dies/

Holly

P.S. I miss Northern Calloway who gave us the character of David so much. His passing was in January of 1990 at the young age of 41. I was only seven back then.

• Sad 1

Entertainment Lawyer

Apparently friends and family got the notification this long time A list news anchor host, died last night. She didn't, but it is only a matter of hours or days.

Sure sounds like Barbara Walters to me.

• Sad 1

Actor Richard Belzer of the Law & Order shows may be the newest person. If it is for real that he is gone, 78 was his age. Right now, it isn't being said what was up with him.

Holly

P.S. It took a while for the more major websites to write about him, but their reports have already started coming in.

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

Earlier this week, legendary actor Treat Williams was killed in a motorcycle accident. I am going to miss seeing him on the Blue Bloods show. Go here for statements about him that were left by other members of the show's cast.

https://people.com/treat-williams-blue-bloods-costars-tom-selleck-bridget-moynahan-honor-him-after-death-7546131

God bless you and his family and friends always!!!

Holly

That was so sad. He had just posted on Twitter earlier that day (although o suspect it was a scheduled tweet because another posted after he had passed). 

I am seeing it said that legendary singer Sinead O Conner has gone forward due to mental disease issues. She was 56. Another recent departure is legendary singer Tony Bennett. He was almost 97 years old. His birthday is August 3rd.

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. I never knew that Sinead was from Ireland.

You're clearly not GenX 😉 We're all in our feels about Sinead. (with a performance name like "Sinead O'Connor, you didn't know she was from Ireland??? Never heard her speak, didn't see her on SNL in 1992? OK....)

^^^ I was raised on country music and so I only knew of her being a female singer with a balding head. If I've ever heard any of her songs, I didn't know that it was her singing them.

God bless you and her family always!!!

Holly (born in 1982)

Pray for legendary actress Suzanne Somers. She is currently in her second battle with breast cancer. 

https://people.com/suzanne-somers-breast-cancer-second-time-7567874

God bless you and Suzanne always!!!

Holly

P.S. The second bout is the one that my favorite aunt could not win. On the 5th of next month, it will be a year since she went on. 

The newest person to go on is musical legend Jimmy Buffett. So far, it has not been said yet what sickness was on his plate. He was 76. I love the following duets that Jimmy did in country music. 

"Margaritaville" with Alan Jackson
"Hey Good Lookin'" with George Strait, Alan Jackson, Clint Black, Kenny Chesney, and Toby Keith
"Trip Around The Sun" with Martina McBride (I play this every year on my birthday.)

God bless you and his family and his musical circle members always!!!

Holly

Two more musical people have gone forward.

Gary Wright-age 80
Steve Harwell of the Smash Mouth act-age 56

God bless you and their families always!!!

Holly

P.S. Gary is said to have had Parkinson's Disease and Dementia. Liver failure is why Steve is not here anymore.