princess

Celeb Death Watch

Whitney Houston's daughter taken in ambulance

By ANTHONY McCARTNEY | Associated Press – 37 mins ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Paramedics say they took Whitney Houston's daughter to a Los Angeles hospital Sunday morning for unspecified medical reasons.

The Beverly Hills Fire Department says Bobbi Kristina Brown was taken from the Beverly Hills Hilton around 10:30 a.m. Sunday, less than a day after her mother died in a room at the same hotel.

The 18-year-old's condition was not immediately known.

An email message sent to a representative of her father, Bobby Brown, was not immediately returned.

Coroner's officials received Whitney Houston's body early Sunday morning, but have not yet said when an autopsy will occur. Any cause of death determination will likely be delayed while they await toxicology results.

TMZ

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... and it's her second trip to the hospital since her mother passed away last night ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources ... Bobbi was taken out of the Beverly Hilton on a stretcher (see photo above). It's the same hotel where Whitney was found dead.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ police and fire responded to a call for a medical emergency, but would not confirm who was transported.

According to our sources, Bobbi Kristina went to the hospital last night as well, but was not transported via ambulance. We're told she was "hysterical, exhausted and inconsolable."

As TMZ first reported, Bobbi Kristina got into an angry shouting match last night with police officers outside the hotel room where her mother was found dead.

This isn't looking good for Bobbi Kristina either.....

Where the [expletive expletive expletive deleted] is her father, Bobby Brown? Why isn't he supporting his daughter?

So sad. So very very sad.

TMZ

Whitney Houston's 18-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, was just rushed to Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles ... and it's her second trip to the hospital since her mother passed away last night ... TMZ has learned.

According to our sources ... Bobbi was taken out of the Beverly Hilton on a stretcher (see photo above). It's the same hotel where Whitney was found dead.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ police and fire responded to a call for a medical emergency, but would not confirm who was transported.

According to our sources, Bobbi Kristina went to the hospital last night as well, but was not transported via ambulance. We're told she was "hysterical, exhausted and inconsolable."

As TMZ first reported, Bobbi Kristina got into an angry shouting match last night with police officers outside the hotel room where her mother was found dead.

This isn't looking good for Bobbi Kristina either.....

Bobby Brown performed at a New Edition reunion concert in Southaven, MS (near Memphis) on Saturday night then left to be with his daughter. I'm from MS and it's been all over our news. He was pretty torn up during the show. They have audio.

Bobby Brown performed at a New Edition reunion concert in Southaven, MS (near Memphis) on Saturday night then left to be with his daughter. I'm from MS and it's been all over our news. He was pretty torn up during the show. They have audio.

Thanks for reporting that. I feel a little better now. I take back my expletive deleteds.

Monkees frontman Davy Jones dead at 66

Feb. 29, 2012, 4:19 PM EST

WENN

The Monkees' frontman, Davy Jones, has died at the age of 66. His death was confirmed to People by the medical examiner in Martin County, Fla. The news was first reported by TMZ.

The "Daydream Believer" singer passed away at Martin Memorial Hospital in Florida on Wednesday after suffering a heart attack, according to TMZ.

The Britain-born star began his career as a child actor on the long-running U.K. soap opera "Coronation Street" before finding fame in the 1960s as a member of the Monkees, a group formed to star in a TV series of the same name.

The band split in 1971, and Jones went on to established himself as a solo star. He also joined forces with fellow Monkee Micky Dolenz to form their own group, Dolenz, Jones, Boyce & Hart, with songwriters Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart.

The Monkees reunited for a troubled tour in 2001. Another reunion, for their 45th anniversary trek last year, also ended abruptly when they canceled the second half of the tour without explanation.

Jones last hit the stage on Feb. 19 for a solo show in Oklahoma.

Noooooo! Not Davy! My heart is breaking. :(

mine too -- I used to watch the TV show all the time and his appearance on The Brady Bunch. I was torn between him and Mickey Dolenz, but Davey won out. Sucker for a British accent. :wub:

:( I wasn't shocked when Amy Winehouse, Michael Jackson or Whitney Houston died. Davy seemed to be healthy and had survived all the madness. What a shame! I had such a crush on him when I was younger.

Adrienne Rich (poet) and Earl Scruggs (musician) died. Is it so wrong I don't want to read the news anymore to see who #3 is?

I agree, hoyaheel. Remember Scruggs playing with Flatt on the Beverly Hillbillies? Best banjo player ever.

I just reread my post. Damn, I'm old.

Edited by KikiTopaz

imdb.com

We're sad to report that Dick Clark, host of 'American Bandstand' and 'Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve', died today in Los Angeles after suffering a massive heart attack. He was 82 years old. Rest in peace, Dick.

Dick Clark dead at 82

By TODAY news services

Famed television personality Dick Clark died of a heart attack Wednesday morning in Los Angeles, his spokesman confirms. Clark was 82.

Clark is best known for hosting long-running television shows such as "American Bandstand," the game show "Pyramid" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve."

Clark had been in St. John's Hospital in Santa Monica, Calif., after undergoing an outpatient procedure Tuesday night. He suffered the heart attack following the procedure and attempts to resuscitate him were unsuccessful.

Clark is survived by his wife, Kari, and his three children.

Musicians of all ages quickly took to Twitter to remember Clark.

Edited by tyler

Adam Yauch of Beastie Boys dead

May 4, 2012, 4:14 PM EST

RollingStone.com

Adam Yauch, one-third of the pioneering hip-hop group the Beastie Boys, has died at the age of 47, Rolling Stone has learned. Yauch, also known as MCA, had been in treatment for cancer since 2009. The rapper was diagnosed in 2009 after discovering a tumor in his salivary gland.

Bing music: Beastie Boys

Yauch sat out the Beastie Boys' induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, and his treatments delayed the release of the group's most recent album, "Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 2." The Beastie Boys had not performed live since the summer of 2009, and Yauch's illness prevented the group from appearing in music videos for the album.

Yauch co-founded the Beastie Boys with Mike "Mike D" Diamond and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horowitz in 1979. The band started off as a hardcore punk group, but soon began experimenting with hip-hop. The band broke big with their first proper album, "Licensed to Ill," in 1986, and further albums "Paul's Boutique," "Check Your Head" and "Ill Communication" cemented the band as a true superstar act.

In addition to his career with the Beastie Boys, Yauch was heavily involved in the movement to free Tibet and co-organized the Tibetan Freedom Concerts of the late Nineties. In 2002, he launched the film production company Oscilloscope Laboratories.

My daughter and her husband were entirely devastated by the news of Beastie Boy Adam passing away from cancer. I cranked up the volume and played Sabotage in his honor (and yes, I'm over age 50 but that song kicks serious ass.) The All Star Angel band just got a little louder.

I am saddened to hear of Andy Griffith's death. He was like a substitute father for me when my dad was very sick. Goodbye Pa.

^^^ I didn't watch the Jeffersons because I was born in 1982, but I do remember that man from a show named Amen as well as a few episodes of the show named Family Matters which is one that I did grow up with. I loved him on there, may he rest in peace.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly