princess

Celeb Death Watch

RIP Gore Vidal. Amazing author and crotchety old man.

First openly gay man to run for Congress!

I can agree with RIP part, but I found him to be condescending and pretentious in interviews. Probably what made him perfect for his role in Gattaca.

I can agree with RIP part, but I found him to be condescending and pretentious in interviews.

I agree. But that's part of why I like him. He was unrepentantly what he was. Intellectually elitist.....

JULIAN is one of my all-time favorite books. Amazing. RIP.

Ooh - I have that at home and haven't read it yet (I've been collecting his stuff when it comes up at library used book sales and whatnot) I also have Point to Point Navigation at home still to read - I loved Palimpsest so much!

Not the devil, but I bet she wore Prada a time or two in her day -

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/13/...E87C0YD20120813

I have conflicted feelings about my "relationship" with Cosmo, the magazine, as I was growing up, but have always respected what HGB did with her life, and the way she led the magazine for 30 years. GREAT obit in the David Patrick Columbia blog today: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/1908363

Ron Palillo, who played Horshack on the hit 1970s sitcom "Welcome Back, Kotter," died Tuesday morning at his home from an apparent heart attack, his rep confirms to FoxNews.com.

TMZ reports that Palillo was found by his partner of many years, Joseph Gramm, around 4:00 am. Gramm called an ambulance, and Palillo was rushed to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead, TMZ reports.

Palillo was 63.

I loved this show way when. I hope he was happy throughout his life. RIP Horshack.

I wonder if that means the brain tumor was affecting his thought & actions, or he committed suicide because treatment and/or palliative care would be too painful? Whatever, it's a sad situation .....

Posted Image

TMZ

Comedian Phyllis Diller -- who paved the way for today's female comics -- died this morning, TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Diller tell us the comedian died in her sleep at her L.A. home, surrounded by family. She was 95.

We're told Diller had recently fallen, hurting her wrist and hip -- but her rep says the injury had nothing to do with her death.

Diller suffered a heart attack in 1999 and was later fitted with a pacemaker.

Phyllis began her career all the way back in 1952 -- and rose to fame with her TV specials alongside Bob Hope in the 1960s.

Later that decade, Phyllis starred in her own show called "The Phyllis Diller Show" ... as well as a variety show called "The Beautiful Phyllis Diller Show." She was also a regular on "Laugh In."

She also posed for Playboy -- but the pics were never published.

Diller remained spunky to the very end, famously appearing in the 2005 movie "The Aristocrats," telling an x-rated joke ... better than comics half her age.

Joan Rivers recently appeared on "Watch What Happens Live" and said, Diller "broke the way for every woman comedian.”

Last time we shot Diller was in 2011, and she was still sharp as a tack -- cracking jokes and reminiscing about her "protegee" Joan Rivers. She even named her favorite comedian of all time.

Edited by princess

This is woman who, in very un-PC language, was a "broad," and she paved the way for every female comedian that came after her.

Hope Fang is happy now.

RIP.

MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN Dies AT 54

Michael Clarke Duncan, star of such movies as "The Green Mile" and "The Whole Nine Yards," passed away this morning. He was 54.

According to our sources, his passing came very suddenly. We're told his fiancee, Omarosa Manigault, was with him in his hospital room in Los Angeles and left for a short period of time. When she returned ... he had died.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ the actor never fully recovered from the myocardial infarction he suffered on July 13.

Duncan's rep tells TMZ, "Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time. Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/03/michael-clarke-duncan-dead/

MICHAEL CLARKE DUNCAN Dies AT 54

This one is shocking to me. I didn't even know he had a heart attack a few months ago.

This is not very nice, but when they describe people as dying surrounded by friends and family, I picture them in bed, dying with a wall of people standing around them just watching. I wouldn't want to die that like that.

This is not very nice, but when they describe people as dying surrounded by friends and family, I picture them in bed, dying with a wall of people standing around them just watching. I wouldn't want to die that like that.

I agree - I picture that too. But I wouldn't want to be alone either, I think it would be so scary. I am so afraid to die, I can't sleep at night for thoughts of it. You'd think that would get better as I get older, but it's only gotten worse, especially since having my first child a few months ago.

Ok, this is sad - let's talk about what a shit Lohan is :D

I agree - I picture that too. But I wouldn't want to be alone either, I think it would be so scary. I am so afraid to die, I can't sleep at night for thoughts of it. You'd think that would get better as I get older, but it's only gotten worse, especially since having my first child a few months ago.

Ok, this is sad - let's talk about what a shit Lohan is :D

I didn't realize that you were a new mom, fykey....congrats! :jumping1:

You'd think that would get better as I get older, but it's only gotten worse, especially since having my first child a few months ago.

Me either, congrats!! :woohoo:

And I just became a first-time Auntie last month, all the fun without the clean-up or lack of sleep :mellow:

You'd think that would get better as I get older, but it's only gotten worse, especially since having my first child a few months ago.

Me either, congrats!! :woohoo:

And I just became a first-time Auntie last month, all the fun without the clean-up or lack of sleep :mellow:

Thanks, guys! And congrats to you too, Princess! I'm very thankful that I still have time for important things like celebrity gossip ;)

Thanks, guys! And congrats to you too, Princess! I'm very thankful that I still have time for important things like celebrity gossip ;)

Glad you've kept your priorities straight! :D