princess

Celeb Death Watch

I just got the CNN alert and came here to verify it. Wow! I'm stunned! Were there any reports about James Gandolfini's health recently? I can't remember reading anything. :-(

He's wasn't just talented - He also had this air of being gracious and kind. My heart goes out to his son and to the rest of his family.

TMZ is reporting James Gandolfini just died of a heart attack. He was 51.

The Chip

[blind Gossip]

I rarely tell stories about my personal relationships with celebrities. Today I’m going to make an exception.

Most people know this celebrity from his work. I just knew him as a neighbor and friend. We are not the same age, we don’t look anything alike, and we don’t appear to have much in common. I am not an actor. He is a great actor.

When we were neighbors, everybody in our group of friends had a nickname, and we never called each other by our real names. So for the purposes of this story, I’ll refer to him as Buzz.

Buzz and I used to spend a lot of time together, mostly just goofing around. Watching late-night TV together (we were both night owls), playing hoops, going to football games, getting pizza. Regular friend stuff. He could cook a mean steak. I could make spaghetti sauce. He loathed jarred sauce, so when he was in the mood for pasta, he would leave a note on my door simply reading “BOSS”. It meant “Bring Over Spaghetti Sauce”.

We knew things about each other that only friends would know… and did things to each other that only friends would do.

For example, I knew that he could only sleep with his portable fan humming, so I would occasionally hide it from him in odd places. Like the refrigerator. He knew that spicy food gave me the hiccups, so he would ask the pizza guy to slip a bunch of red chili pepper flakes underneath the cheese and then laugh at me after I took my first bite.

Buzz and I were physical with each other in a way that friends sometimes are. We couldn’t just walk anywhere. It was always a contest of bumping, tripping and pushing.

If I was sitting on a chair, Buzz would sit on top of me, pretending I wasn’t there. If I was lying on the sofa reading, he would throw himself on me like a professional wrestler, announcing some fictional move in mid-air (“It’s the Giant Suplex Firebomber!”). He was much bigger than me, but fairly sneaky, so by the time I heard him coming, it would be too late, and I would be left flailing away underneath him. Buzz was like a big brother. An annoying, occasionally pain-inflicting, but funny and constant big brother.

Buzz and I were mutual friends with a couple who were very lovey-dovey with each other. One would say, “Love you!”, the other would reply, “Love you more!”, and then they would blow a kiss at each other. Buzz and I found this routine incredibly annoying and would roll our eyes at each other in disgust.

One day the couple did their usual love-you-love-you-more-blow-kiss routine in front of us.

Buzz looked at me and lightly said, “Hate you!”

I laughed and responded back, “Hate you more!”

Then we both gave each other the finger and cracked up.

Yes, it was dumb, but it became “our” friendship routine.

Sometimes our competitiveness got a bit out of control. We were out late one night, shooting pool and drinking beer. Buzz was a much better pool player than me, and he loved to torment me when I tried to concentrate. He would sneak up behind me when I was about to shoot and he would smack my butt, or poke me in the side, or pop the back of my pool cue with the palm of his hand. On this particular night, I had a few beers in me and was feeling brave enough to threaten him if he didn’t stop bothering me. Buzz, who was twice my size, laughed off the threat.

When he popped my pool cue from behind once again, I grabbed the cue ball off the table and took a roundhouse swing at him. He tried to duck, but the cue ball clipped him on the side of the face with a sharp crack. A small white object flew out of his mouth and landed on the floor a few feet away. Everyone was stunned. Especially me.

“Holy sh*t! Your tooth!”

We both dove to the ground to retrieve the tooth, and he came up with it first, bloodied but triumphant. I was more upset about it than he was. He put his arm around me.

“Hey, Ace?”

“Yes, Buzz?”

“Hate you!”

“Hate you more!”

Relieved laughter.

Buzz held the tooth up to examine it, and then casually asked, “Does anyone have any Crazy Glue?”

For the record, it wasn’t an entire tooth. Just a chip. He already had a chip missing from one of his front teeth that he had never fixed, so a chip off a side tooth towards the back didn’t really affect his looks. But he did make a habit of pointing it out to me whenever we were together.

“See this?” he would ask, pointing to the chipped tooth. “This is the reason I lost The Emmy this year. Hate you!”

“Hate you more!”

Finger.

Laughter.

Over the years, this little routine somehow got abbreviated to “HUA!” and “HUM!”

“Hey, Ace?”

“Yes, Buzz?”

“HUA!”

“HUM!”

We both moved and lost touch, but I would still occasionally run into him or hear from him. Sometimes I would get a voicemail with just the word “HUAAAAAAH!” shouted loudly enough to startle a room (Colleagues assumed that I knew someone in The Marines). Other times I would get a postcard or an email with nothing but “HUA!” as the content. I would respond back with “HUM!” and a photo clip or drawing of someone giving the finger.

He was incredibly modest about his fame, and if we ever did talk about his work, it was pretty casual.

“Hey Ace! Did you happen to catch [name of show or movie]?” he would ask.

“Yes, Buzz,” I would reply. “It was good. You were really good in it. Could hardly notice the chip.”

“HUA!”

“HUM!”

Finger.

Laughter.

My friend died yesterday at the very young age of 51. He will be remembered by most as a great actor or a loving husband or a devoted father. To me, he will just be remembered as a good friend. I will miss him.

TMZ is reporting James Gandolfini just died of a heart attack. He was 51.

The Chip

[blind Gossip]

I rarely tell stories about my personal relationships with celebrities. Today I’m going to make an exception.

My friend died yesterday at the very young age of 51. He will be remembered by most as a great actor or a loving husband or a devoted father. To me, he will just be remembered as a good friend. I will miss him.

Wonderful tribute.

Vancouver Police have announced that a Hollywood actor was found dead today.

Sources have told Global BC that the person is Cory Monteith, the 31-year-old Calgary-born actor best known for his starring role on the TV show Glee. He apparently was found in the Fairmont Pacific Rim early.

A press conference will be held at 10:30 tonight at Vancouver Police headquarters.

We’ll have more information on this story as it develops.

http://globalnews.ca/news/716041/breaking-...d-in-vancouver/

Cory Monteith Died of Mixture of Heroin and Alcohol: Coroner

By Mike Fleeman and Champ Clark

07/16/2013 at 04:55 PM EDT

people.com

Cory Monteith, whose body was found in a Vancouver hotel room over the weekend, died of a "mixed drug toxicity" of heroin and alcohol, authorities say.

"At this point there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident," the BC Coroners Service says in a statement released Tuesday.

The cause of the Glee star's death at age 31 was determined by an autopsy and toxicology tests. An investigation continues.

"Mr. Monteith's family has been made aware of the circumstances surrounding the death," the Coroners Service says. "On behalf of family members, the BC Coroners Service asks that the media respect their privacy at this difficult time."

The Canadian native completed a month-long stint in a treatment facility for substance addiction in April and had been open about his lifelong struggles with substance abuse.

It's still unclear what happened after Monteith arrived in Canada and checked into the Fairmont Pacific Rim on July 6. He and his manager dined on Thursday night with Maureen Webb, the co-founder of Project Limelight Society, who said the actor "looked so good, so healthy."

Police say that the next night, Monteith and three unidentified people left his hotel room and that the actor returned alone at about 2:15 a.m. Saturday. A hotel staff person found his body shortly after noon when Monteith didn't check out.

Posted Image

TMZ is reporting Dennis Farina died of a blood clot :( I really liked him, he was awesome in Bottle Shock.

I just got home from work and saw this. Jett Jackson! Makes me sad. I really don't understand what drives people to suicide.

^^^ I agree. Especially when doing away with yourself will only mean a whole new set of problems, problems that are more permanent too. At least that is what I believe anyways.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. To me, the Lord died so that we could live and so when people decide do away with themselves anyways, how do they think the Lord is going to feel about it?

Edited by James Otto Sweet Heart

Lee Thompson Young ~ The latest news makes it sound like he's struggled with depression for awhile now. Depression can be a beast. RIP, Lee, and may you have a lighter heart in your next life.

Elmore Leonard ~ He wrote so many great books and he had a good long life. RIP, Mr. Leonard, and thank you for the hours of entertainment you provided us.