princess

Sara Gilbert

Posted Image

Roseanne Star Sara Gilbert Comes Out

US Mag

Yup, she's a lesbian.

Sara Gilbert quietly came out of the closet during a Wednesday press conference at the Television Critics Association in Los Angeles, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Now 35, the former Roseanne actress and executive producer/co-host of upcoming talk show The Talk has two children with TV producer Allison Adler, but has declined to discuss her private life in the past.

During the panel, EW reports that Gilbert was asked if she was comfortable being "out" on The Talk. "This is a whole new world for me," she said. "I'm not an expert on this, or I don't analyze these things," she explained later. "I'm just sort of living my life."

She added: "I don't think [being out] will be a problem...I don't ever really think of things as being out or in...I just think I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I'll talk about them and share when it seems right."

A couple since 2002, Gilbert and Adler have son Levi, 5, and daughter Sawyer, who turns 3 in August. (Adler gave birth to Levi, while Gilbert gave birth to Sawyer.)

Gilbert told reporters why she's decided to become more open now.

"I've been acting my whole life, and I've never really discussed my personal life. This is a talk show...So obviously I'm going to be discussing my life more."

A View-like series focusing on motherhood and parenting, CBS' The Talk will be co-hosted by Gilbert, Julie Chen, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Marissa Jaret Winokour.

"We're six different women, six totally [different] views on life, all mothers, all in relationships and there you have it," Sharon Osbourne told UsMagazine.com at the panel.

The wife to rocker Ozzy Osbourne told Us she wanted to do the show "Because I love Sara -- I admire her very much and she's a great woman!"

I thought she 'came out' years ago. Maybe it is not official though unless you announce it on TV or in a magazine. I just remember seeing pictures of her and her girlfriend.

Posted Image

Roseanne Star Sara Gilbert Comes Out

US Mag

Yup, she's a lesbian.

Sara Gilbert quietly came out of the closet during a Wednesday press conference at the Television Critics Association in Los Angeles, according to Entertainment Weekly.

Now 35, the former Roseanne actress and executive producer/co-host of upcoming talk show The Talk has two children with TV producer Allison Adler, but has declined to discuss her private life in the past.

During the panel, EW reports that Gilbert was asked if she was comfortable being "out" on The Talk. "This is a whole new world for me," she said. "I'm not an expert on this, or I don't analyze these things," she explained later. "I'm just sort of living my life."

She added: "I don't think [being out] will be a problem...I don't ever really think of things as being out or in...I just think I am who I am, and when topics come up that are appropriate, I'll talk about them and share when it seems right."

A couple since 2002, Gilbert and Adler have son Levi, 5, and daughter Sawyer, who turns 3 in August. (Adler gave birth to Levi, while Gilbert gave birth to Sawyer.)

Gilbert told reporters why she's decided to become more open now.

"I've been acting my whole life, and I've never really discussed my personal life. This is a talk show...So obviously I'm going to be discussing my life more."

A View-like series focusing on motherhood and parenting, CBS' The Talk will be co-hosted by Gilbert, Julie Chen, Leah Remini, Holly Robinson Peete, Sharon Osbourne and Marissa Jaret Winokour.

"We're six different women, six totally [different] views on life, all mothers, all in relationships and there you have it," Sharon Osbourne told UsMagazine.com at the panel.

The wife to rocker Ozzy Osbourne told Us she wanted to do the show "Because I love Sara -- I admire her very much and she's a great woman!"

I have to say that I really love her attitude about the whole thing. Nice and normal, laid back, with no need to get overly talkative about her life...just like the rest of us "normal" people :1smile: Class act.

Edited by Hihomumio

Yeah, I knew about the wife and the kids - it was easy to find online (I remember looking it up when she was pregnant and seeing that her wife carried one and she carried the other and thinking that's a good idea!)

Me 6. I don't ever think she was "in." Never lied about it, anyway. Good for her.

Let me get in line. I thought this was a given.

I like the make up of the show, except for maybe Julie Chen. It sounds better than The View.

I like the make up of the show, except for maybe Julie Chen. It sounds better than The View.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it's a CBS show so were stuck with Mrs. Les Moonves/the Chenbot.

OT: Sara Gilbert seems like a TV version of Sandra Bullock-- cool, down to earth, and someone who would be fun to toss down a beer or two with.

Sat at a table next to her a few years ago at Chateau Marmont in LA, she's not a drop dead knockout but much prettier in person then a lot of photos I see of her. A couple ladies were at the table next to me and one of them had a dog, played with the dog for a bit and joked around with them. I was at a table with 4 ladies, so you know how girl talk goes and they were participating a bit in our conversation. A 3rd women joined them and took me a bit to figure out it was Sara. She looked a little freaked we would make a scene when she realized her table was talking to ours, but we played dumb and left them alone after that (except when we left I had to give the dog a good-bye pat :D ) Seemed very nice though.

I think many people who buzzed any gossip forums knew she was gay on the grapevine but nobody rattled her cage and she was lucky enough to be able to come out in her own time and at her own pace. Good for her, she seems really grounded and cool.

Always loved Darlene, the sarky cow. :) She was brilliant. She made my childhood the way she ran rings round her onscreen family.

She wouldn't be using this (non) announcement to get publicity for her new show, would she?

Good Heavens NO!!!

:4biggrin:

Maybe she just wants it to be clear before the show begins so that middle America is not surprised AFTER the show starts?