princess

Plastic Surgery

I saw Joan Collins on Rules of Engagement Monday night (well, yesterday on DVR :unsure: ) I know she's had a ton of plastic surgery, and she looks a little frozen/plastic, but MY GOD she is 77 years old and truly looks in her early 50s. Her surgeon - TONS better than Joan Rivers (they're the same age) (or, Joan Collins is more realistic about her procedures than Joan Rivers is)

Seriously. Wow. If I wanted to be preserved into my late 70s, I would pick the Joan Collins route over the Joan Rivers route. I'm sure the husband 30 years younger doesn't hurt either ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry, yes, that's David Spade- wanted to make sure I had a recent photo of Collins. Spade is NOT aging well - his boyish charm (? let's call it that....) is turning to aging frat boy beer gut & jowls.....

Her husband is Percy Gibson, 32 yrs younger: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1853945.stm

Better than Spade, yes? This photo is ~8 yrs old according to the link

Posted Image

Edited by Hoyaheel

Posted Image

Hey MC - can botox seriously do this?!?!

In some cases. I'd like to see the clinical pics, but yes - I have heard in lectures that Botox can help with neck wrinkling.

(BTW - the after photos look airbrushed. Notice the difference on the woman's chin).

Edited by MC

I think the main difference between Joan C and Joan R is that Rivers has also had implants to change the shape of her face. As far as I know, Collins has only had work done to maintain what she already had so it looks better [more "natural"].

Well, and Joan Rivers' raw material was hideosly ugly whereas Joan Collins was always pretty, from the getgo.

young Joan Collins: Posted Image

young Joan rivers Posted Image

Well, and Joan Rivers' raw material was hideosly ugly whereas Joan Collins was always pretty, from the getgo.

young Joan Collins: Posted Image

young Joan rivers Posted Image

Young Rivers looks to have already had a noticeable nose job.

I think unattractive women (if they have money, they're still called "handsome", right? :-) still age very well and not look pulled tight. They just don't look gorgeous like Helen Mirren (or Joan Collins) because, yes, they started gorgeous. But conversely, some gorgeous young women have aged terribly because of bad plastic surgery choices they've made......I mean sure, the ideal is start gorgeous, end gorgeous, but I'll take "start handsome, end handsome" if that's what I can get :-)

(age 37 here, told I have "good skin" so we'll see how it ages....So far so good)

(age 37 here, told I have "good skin" so we'll see how it ages....So far so good)

If you wear sunscreen on your face, neck, decollete and hands EVERY day (I use it instead of a moisturizer), you'll age beautifully. Make it a habit. Rain or shine. Wash face. Apply sunscreen (not a moisturizer with sunscreen in it, but a real sunscreen made for the face. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch is the one I have used for a very very long time). I look younger than some of my friends who are 10+ years younger than I am, and this is because of the sunscreen.

The UVA rays are what age you (and cause skin cancer) and they're the ones that are always present - rain or shine. They are even present in fluorescent lighting and they go through glass (even auto glass). The UVA (aging) rays go deeper and do more damage that takes years to come to the surface. My patients, when explaining to me why they don't wear sunscreen, would say they were never outside (and I'd ask how they got to my office), or that they spent most of their time in the office (under fluorescent lighting). It's a hard concept because we're used to thinking that only the UVB (burning) rays did the damage (because you could see it), but while they still do damage, it's not nearly as bad as what the UVA rays do.

Take it from me, in 20 years your friends are going to be looking at you and wondering how you got the good genes for skin - and all you will have done is used sunscreen EVERY DAY. Rain or shine. Even in the dead of winter when you're not leaving the house. ;)

Holy sh*t! She looks like a totally different woman... Those mis-matched nostrils are still completely grotesqu but she does look better, I'll give that to her.

Whoa-this is Jocelyn Wildenstein's new face. I'd like to see more photos

no more cat lady

Posted Image

Glad to see they were able to reverse some of those surgeries. She was very pretty before all of those.

Wow, she's definitely looking better. I wonder who had the guts to operate on her. Would love to see her without makeup though.

Make Lisa Rinna started a new trend - take out the implants!

OMG did anyone see Rose McGowan on Law and Order: SVU? WHAT has she done to her face? It looks like a mask. Her upper lip is almost immobile and she can barely open her eyes.

OMG did anyone see Rose McGowan on Law and Order: SVU? WHAT has she done to her face? It looks like a mask. Her upper lip is almost immobile and she can barely open her eyes.

She was so beautiful when she was younger. Shame.

Reuters, Getty Images The Associated Press

updated 54 minutes ago 2011-05-11T12:51:43

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Bristol Palin admits her recent change in appearance was due to a procedure — but not plastic surgery.

The 20-year-old daughter of 2008 GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin tells Us Weekly that she underwent corrective jaw surgery in December, a month after she finished third on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars." Her face now appears thinner, with higher cheekbones and an angular jaw.

The new look, complete with Palin losing 5 pounds, was unveiled April 30 at the White House Correspondents' Association dinner in Washington, D.C.

"Yes, it improved the way I look, but this surgery was necessary for medical reasons," she told the magazine for its May 23 issue, which will be on newsstands Friday.

Palin said she had the procedure so her jaw and teeth could properly realign.

While growing up, she wore braces and a device to help correct an overbite. But she said her dentist warned her that she'd have to have surgery one day.

The Palin family's lawyer declined to comment to The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Palin said she is pleased with the new look.

"I look older, more mature and don't have as much of a chubby little baby face," she told the magazine.

Palin said she doesn't obsess over her face and would consider plastic surgery only in an extreme situation.

"I wouldn't get plastic surgery unless I got in an accident or something terrible and got disfigured," she said.

Palin will be back on TV by the end of the year, starring in a reality series for the Bio Channel. The as-yet-untitled series will follow her move from Alaska to Los Angeles with her son, Tripp, to work at a small charity. She will live with actor brothers Kyle and Christopher Massey.

Palin can also soon add author to her resume.

She signed with William Morrow to publish "Not Afraid of Life," to come out this summer. Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins, has said the memoir would provide "an inside look at her life."

Levi Johnston, the father of her child, also is planning a tell-all book about his tumultuous relationship with the Palin family.

Touchstone Publishing has a fall publication date for Johnston's book, "Deer in the Headlights: My Life in Sarah Palin's Crosshairs."

Posted Image

5 pounds my ass. Looks like her nose may have been tweaked too - MC what do you think?

Edited by branchop

That is such a awesomely stupid excuse. I am having what sounds like the surgery she is describing and it requires braces for months before and after. Not to mention 6 weeks or so of being wired shut(in which she would have lost more than 5 lbs).

Can 2012 come and go fast so we can be done with the Palin family?!

Posted Image

Carrie Fisher

Heavy Makeover

After Dropping 50 Pounds

TMZ

Looking more like Patricia Heaton, former "Star Wars" babe Carrie Fisher was spotted in NYC on Wednesday (left) appearing refreshed and more, er, rested than she was back in 2009 (right).

The slimmer, tanner and smoother 54-year-old recently opened up about losing 50 lbs on Jenny Craig.

The force is definitely with her.

That sure looks like more than just weight loss to me.....