princess

Plastic Surgery

Wow, 3 surgeries. Sitting here remembering that first month afterwards and how my mom had to pretty much wait on me hand & foot, and thinking my husband probably won't be as good at washing my hair as she was (because he's bald....) You are brave! But now you've got me wondering if I really should start saving my money....I work at a university and they have a well-renowned aesthetic center. I've been going there for laser hair removal this year, but I know they'll do everything.....No payment plans though - it's first class all the way and you will pay for it.

My first surgery I had a guy with the best reputation in SLC - and he lived up to it (I know he stopped practicing a few years after my surgery and I imagine he's not still around after all these years) I was lucky - he definitely reduced an amount I was thrilled with.

TMI ALERT - STOP READING IF YOU'RE SQUEAMISH

I don't know the techniques today (so much in surgery and all medicine has changed) but at the time, I was the largest reduction he'd done without a total nipple removal - I'm eternally thankful for that, as I do have pretty good nipple sensitivity. I never had kids (never have wanted kids) so breastfeeding was never a concern of mine, but I know that's an issue for many women - and also a reason some doctors are hesitant to operate - or do larger reductions - on younger women.

I went from 36H to a C (and it was probably 34C but I don't recall - I just know I could finally find normal bras - back in the 90s, you couldn't just order anything in the world from Amazon - you had to go to big city specialty stores and/or buy grandma bras that came in one style and 2 colors ;-)

• Like 1

Most people haven't had to go through what I did. The first surgeon specialized in a low scarring technique that I was not really a candidate for but he told me what I wanted to hear so I believed him. He also used some shady selling practices that I didn't find out about until later. I didn't even reduce a whole cup size and he did end up giving me a partial refund.

The second surgeon just decided to ignore my wishes and make me the size she thought I'd be happy with despite me bringing in a bra the size I wanted to be, several pictures and telling her what I wanted. Never before the surgery did she say she couldn't/wouldn't do it. In fact she told be she could have made me smaller and offered a revision at a discount a year later.

My third surgeon got me down to a 34C which I was happy with even though my ideal would have been a 34B. I now know there are limitations aside from blood supply. The base width of the breast can't be reduced without destroying the inframammary fold, which they don't know how to reconstruct well, so I was never going to be a B but no surgeon had ever explained that to me. I know breastfeeding is an issue for some but for me it was still worth it. I don't think I would even be comfortable breastfeeding with 34F+ breasts, and the benefits of breastfeeding in a developed country with clean water supplies have been greatly exaggerated.

Surgery isn't something I take lightly but my quality of life has been improved so much that even three surgeries were worth it although I obviously wish I had only had one.

Edited by witchkitten

Then again, I still have panic attacks at the dentist :)

Count me in too!

I had to get two mamos this year <_< . My doctor told me I'm dense, lol :D

Hoya, did you have a second one after they "returned"? I'm wondering what one would do in that situation.

I've told my husband since we started dating that if, heaven forbid, I ever get breast cancer - I'm having a double mastectomy and living out the rest of my days in skinny strap dresses :alien_dance:

When I had my mastectomy that is almost what I told my husband and my doctor. My doctor did not want to do a double and I told him there was not enough cotton in the world to make them even. Plus I told him I did not want to walk around leaning over to the right all the time ( cancer was in my left). It helps to have a dark sense of humor when dealing with it. :D

• Like 5

http://www.today.com/health/i-m-not-ashamed-ariel-winter-rocks-breast-reduction-scars-t70631

Good for her! Wore the dress she wanted, didn't cover up the scars because she's not embarrassed!

I agree! I wish more people would let their scars show. For all that people want to express themselves through tattoos, these days (no shade from me), I think that scars tell an equally ~ if not more ~ interesting story.

• Like 1

OK, I posted the Kirsten Dunst photo from my phone earlier so I wanted to expand - I think she looks amazing & gorgeous now and back then!!! But her boobs are clearly a different size/shape. Could be a super push up bra (are Wonderbras still around? :-) Cuuld totally be post-pubescence boob growth. But to me it looks like a slight boob job, from an A- to B maybe. I also love that she kept the dress and wore it again.

kirsten-dunst-dress-split-inline-today-1

• Like 1

rumer-willis-split.jpg?quality=90&strip=

Looks like her lip injections have "settled" a little more - I don't think these photos are frightening. Hope she stays close to natural - she's so young, her skin is amazing!!!

• Like 2

Did anyone catch Gwyneth Paltrow on the today show? She looked really weird to me. Maybe too much Botox but her face just looked odd.

Edited by dixiedoodah

I am not the only one who did not recognize Sienna Miller on the Met Gala red (pink) carpet tonight! "Fillers are camp" said one twitter commentator ;-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princess said:

Yikes, Gwen Stefani looks like she has had some serious plastic surgery.  Didn't even recognize her.

http://www.wireimage.com/search/#events?q=gwen stefani/[775383953]&amp;ep=1/60/1&amp;s=3

Not going to deny that she has had work done, but I think part of the look is the hair down -- I don't know that I have ever seen a pic of her where her hair wasn't it a ponytail --

yeah something is really off with her - I've just been browsing some photos of her from about a decade ago and I can't put my finger on it.

I wish they would just tell us what they had done! It's obvious it's SOMETHING -- even if just some fillers -- but it's driving me nuts to know something is off and not be able to figure it out ?

• Like 1

I just caught Heidi Klum on Jimmy Fallon. I was watching with my son and at the same time we were both like, what is wrong with her face?!?  I don’t know if she’s had surgery or just some very recent hefty Botox that will hopefully loosen up or something but she looked really different. 

rs_634x1024-221125151506-634-kate-hudson

Kate Hudson

Kate on the couch! The actress looks radiant while appearing on a talk show in the UK.

Anyone else think she looks off in pics lately??