BobbyD

Celebrity Feuds

J.Lo Is Furious That 'Idol' Is All About Steven Tyler

By Rob Shuter Posted Feb 1st 2011 05:40PM

Who predicted 'American Idol' would be in deep trouble without Simon Cowell at the helm? Me, you, everybody, that is until Steven Tyler stepped up to breathe new life into the decade-old series, thrilling just about everyone -- save for Miss Jennifer Lopez.

"This was meant to be Jennifer's big comeback," an insider complains to me. "The entire re-branding of the show was built around her, but now it's all about Steven 24/7."

While Jennifer's the one normally lavished with attention, I'm hearing she's getting annoyed with all the people asking her about the Aerosmith legend.

Snarked my source: "She's mystified at how this happened and has made it very clear to the producers that the cameras need to spend a little more time adoring Jennifer's favorite idol -- herself!"

And although it may be a little too soon for 'Idol' to be congratulating themselves on another season well done, the doom and gloom theories that this would be the show's last year on the air are all but silenced.

"The show has experienced year-to-year declines of about 10 percent for the last several seasons now, so everyone expected ratings to drop," a TV insider tells me. "The only question was how much they drop. And although the show did drop, it still produced huge numbers easily beating all its competition. Last week's episode was actually up from last Thursday's episode by nearly 18 percent, and was down only 9 percent from the equivalent episode last year."

At the end of the day, it's shaping up that Steven has saved this show. Word of mouth about him and the quality of singers is getting stronger and stronger ever week, and so far he's even managed to get us to forget the departure of Simon Cowell. Sorry, Jennifer, we still miss Paula.

Follow Rob on Twitter for Scoop All Day Long!

OK, I admit that I am watching this season. I think Steven is the Paula to Jennifer's Simon. Actually watching the show has improved my perception of her. She is beautiful. And she is also fair and frank. I think Steven is the spaced out one with weird comments.

I haven't watched in years, but it doesn't surprise me re: JLo's atttitude, since IMO she has zero talent.

I've been watching this season of American Idol and I have to say I am loving Steven and JLo. She doesn't come off as a major diva (although, i do believe the reports of her being one...) and Steven is just delightful entertainment. He seems like a really nice guy. Maybe I naive, hell, maybe I'm drunk...

Barbra Streisand regrets 'Glee' remark

Barbra Streisand was among the performers and presenters at Sunday's Grammy Awards.

By Ree Hines

Stand down, Gleeks. Despite Barbra Streisand’s seemingly dismissive comments last week, the living legend insists she doesn’t have a problem with the hit song and dance show.

On Friday, Streisand responded to the question of whether or not she would ever appear on “Glee” by stating, “Not if I can help it." But by Sunday, Babs was singing a different tune.

“When asked if I would ever appear on ‘Glee,’ I should have said, ‘You never know.’ It was wrong to say, ‘Not if I can help it,” Streisand explained on her website. “What I meant was that I’ve been overwhelmed preparing for my performance on MusiCares, the Grammys, recording a new album, and starting a new movie. So I couldn’t take on any more work, and besides that, I wasn’t asked.

(Note to “Glee” creator Ryan Murphy: ask her already!)

In addition to clearing up the earlier statement, Streisand went on to praise the show that so often references her work.

“I’m so honored that a lead character on ‘Glee’ (Rachel Berry) is so admiring of my work,” Streisand said. “In my speech at MusiCares, I thanked them ‘for exposing young people to music they might otherwise not hear today: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, and Darren Criss…you’re all so gifted.’”

Guess Brandi Glanville's not a fan of Take Your Future Stepmom to School Day.

Glanville fumed after LeAnn Rimes -- controversial fiancee of Glanville's ex-husband Eddie Cibrian -- apparently shared her vocal talents with the class of Mason, Glanville's 7-year-old son with Cibrian. On Tuesday, former model Glanville sniped to Rimes, 28, on Twitter: "I told Eddie to please tell you that I think it is highly inappropriate for you to sing in my son's class on Friday. Boundaries!!!"

Over the summer, actor Cibrian, 37, reportedly moved into Rimes' Malibu pad over the summer with sons Mason and Jake, 3. (The couple's romance famously began as an extramarital affair on a Lifetime movie set.)

Glanville added angrily, "It's Mason's week share his family with the class. It isn't your place. Let Eddie read a script.

Guess Brandi Glanville's not a fan of Take Your Future Stepmom to School Day.

Glanville fumed after LeAnn Rimes -- controversial fiancee of Glanville's ex-husband Eddie Cibrian -- apparently shared her vocal talents with the class of Mason, Glanville's 7-year-old son with Cibrian. On Tuesday, former model Glanville sniped to Rimes, 28, on Twitter: "I told Eddie to please tell you that I think it is highly inappropriate for you to sing in my son's class on Friday. Boundaries!!!"

Over the summer, actor Cibrian, 37, reportedly moved into Rimes' Malibu pad over the summer with sons Mason and Jake, 3. (The couple's romance famously began as an extramarital affair on a Lifetime movie set.)

Glanville added angrily, "It's Mason's week share his family with the class. It isn't your place. Let Eddie read a script.

I agree with Brandi. And I'm a stepmom myself. "boundaries" is an excellent way to put it.

Dave Grohl fumes, 'Not everyone loves 'Glee'

Foo Fighters frontman rips show creator Murphy for attacking bands who withhold songs

By Jay A. Fernandez and Shirley Halperin

Hollywood Reporter

Don’t count on hearing the Foo Fighters hit “Times Like These” on "Glee" anytime soon. Frontman Dave Grohl says he and his bandmates are squarely in the corner of Kings of Leon and Slash. As in, they want no part of the Ryan Murphy-helmed show.

“It’s every band’s right, you shouldn’t have to do f---ing 'Glee,'” Grohl told THR following the premiere of "Foo Fighters: Back and Forth," the new Foo Fighters documentary which just made its South By Southwest debut. “And then the guy who created 'Glee' is so offended that we’re not, like, begging to be on his f---ing show ... f--- that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do 'Glee.'”

THR: Behind the scenes on the set of 'Glee'

Has Grohl ever actually watched the show? “I watched 10 minutes. It’s not my thing,” Grohl grizzled. But he doesn’t have as much of a problem with the series as he does with its creator.

Recounting anti-"Glee" comments made by Slash earlier this year and subsequent retorts by Murphy, reported by THR, Grohl explained to drummer Taylor Hawkins: “The 'Glee' guy, what a f---ing jerk. Slash was the first one. He wanted to do Guns ‘n’ Roses and Slash is like, ‘I hate f---ing musicals. It’s worse than 'Grease.'’ Then [Murphy's] like, ‘Well, of course he’d say that, he’s a washed up ol’ rock star, that’s what they f---ing do.’ And then Kings of Leon say, ‘No, we don’t want to be on your show.’ And then he’s like, ‘Snotty little assholes ... ’ And it’s just like, Dude, maybe not everyone loves 'Glee.' Me included.”

Said Hawkins: “Yeah, f--- that s---.”

Lopez apologizes for pig joke, but Alley fires back

By Ree Hines

Remember that pig-related dig late night host George Lopez delivered after Kirstie Alley's “Dancing With the Stars” debut? The one where he commented on the star's “little hooves” and made other piggy comparisons? Well, Lopez certainly hasn’t forgotten about it. After making headlines for his questionable choice of material and getting slammed by the actress herself, it seems he’s had a change of heart.

“I misjudged the joke,” the “Lopez Tonight” leader recently tweeted. “No malice was intended and I apologize to Kirstie.”

But Lopez's public about-face isn’t welcome, as far as Alley’s concerned. On Friday morning she responded, this time with a low-blow of her own.

“@georgelopez I don't need or want ur apology,” Alley wrote back Friday morning. “I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back.”

Ouch!

For those unfamiliar with Lopez’s health history, the comedian received a kidney transplant in 2005 from then-wife Ann Lopez. The couple announced their plans to divorce in September of 2010.

Updated at 10:07 a.m. PT: And as soon as the feud picked up, it seems to have ended. "Take life as lightly as u can and then move on ...even u George ....u are forgiven," Alley tweeted.

'Glee' creator regrets his Kings of Leon outburst

'I didn't speak with as much clarity as I would have liked,' Murphy says

Hollywood Reporter Hollywood Reporter

LOS ANGELES — Ryan Murphy's feud with Kings of Leon has taken on a life of its own since the "Glee" creator labeled the band "self-centered a--holes" and said "F--- you" for refusing to license their music to his TV show.

"I didn't speak with as much clarity as I would have liked," Murphy said on the set of "Glee" Friday, referring to his initial comments in January.

"Who am I to say 'F--- you?' That's not what I meant. I completely understand when artists don't want a show or another artist to interpret their songs. In fact, I respect it. It's their personal work and I'd feel the same way. We get turned down all the time and I don't fight it or even go back after a rejection."

"I didn't speak with as much clarity as I would have liked," Murphy said on the set of "Glee" Friday, referring to his initial comments in January.

..Murphy noted that he was recently turned down by Icelandic singer Bjork. "She read the scene and didn't think it was the right fit for her song," he said. "I told her, 'That's completely cool,' and she said to come back to her down the road. We deal with that every day."

Last month, Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl sided with Kings of Leon, whom Murphy had chided for "missing the big picture: that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument."

Said Grohl: "It's every band's right... F--- that guy for thinking anybody and everybody should want to do Glee."

Grohl's words evidently stung Murphy, a Foo Fighters fan.

"I've never felt that if you don't give 'Glee' your music, there's something diabolical about you," said Murphy. "To the contrary: I support artists and what they choose to do... I think Kings of Leon are cool as s---. The Foo Fighters are brilliant. We'd love to do one if their songs, if they were ever interested. But if it's not their thing, then OK."

Lesson learned? "Don't say f--- you to someone in the press," Murphy cracked.

But on a more serious note, he added: "I'm really proud of the fact that we can introduce songs to younger kids or their parents because I'm the biggest music fan. The show is about the love of performing and arts education — things I think are very special."

Lindsay Lohan on Betty White's Randon Slam: "Wow"

Today 3:42 PM PDT by Natalie Finn and Katie Rhames

Getting slammed by the nicest Golden Girl has got to feel pretty weird.

"Wow," Lindsay Lohan said exclusively to E! News in response to Betty Whitetelling London's Daily Mail that she "cannot stand" celebs like Lohan and Charlie Sheen.

"I've always been a fan of hers," Lohan continued. "It's just a bit strange when people feel they must speak publicly about others. Especially a grown woman."

Ooh...burn?

No, not really. Lohan genuinely seemed rather perplexed by why White seemingly name-checked her out of nowhere.

White's comments, according to the Mail's article, appeared to come after she was asked her opinion about "today's celebrities."

"They party too much, don't learn their lines, are unprofessional and they grumble about everything," the Emmy winner said (supposedly with "eyes flashing," per the report).

"I think they are terribly ungrateful. I cannot stand the people who get wonderful starts in showbusiness, and who abuse it. Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen, for example, although there are plenty of others, too. They are the most blessed people in the world and they don't appreciate it."

Seems kind of harsh for the usually more discreet actress, whose insults tend to come out in the form of jokes told at award show podiums.

"She is such a wonderful one," White said at the SAG Awards, referring to her Proposal costar, Sandra Bullock. "Isn't it heartening to see how far a girl as plain as she is can go?"

Sheen, surprisingly, has not tweeted or otherwise issued a reaction to White's comments.

Lohan had nothing to say on Sheen's behalf, but she is apparently a fan, having tweeted yesterday: "'Youre with a winner, you wont regret this'"-charlie sheen as bud fox in Wall Street (winner-winning!) made me laugh lol."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b235560_li...l#ixzz1Iz1PpL00

Kings of Leon accept 'Glee' creator's apology

Following a heated war of words, Kings of Leon and Ryan Murphy are back in tune now that the band has accepted the "Glee" creator's public apology.

"We don't hold grudges," frontman Caleb Followill tells Rolling Stone.

As Marquee reported in January, Murphy lashed out at the music group for refusing to let his cast sing "Use Somebody" on the show.

"F— you, Kings of Leon,” he said. "They're self-centered a-—s, and they missed the big picture. They missed that a 7-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument."

Drummer Nathan Followill then suggested that Murphy "let it go. See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a new bra," while Caleb told CNN that Kings of Leon had simply turned down Murphy's request because the band was unfamiliar with "Glee" and "Use Somebody" was being over-promoted at the time.

Murphy has since apologized, admitting that he was quick to judge.

"Who am I to say 'F— you?' That's not what I meant," he said. "I completely understand when artists don't want a show or another artist to interpret their songs. In fact, I respect it. It's their personal work and I'd feel the same way. We get turned down all the time and I don't fight it or even go back after a rejection."

For their part, the guys of Kings of Leon say all is forgiven.

"I'm glad he said something," Caleb tells Rolling Stone. Adds Nathan, "I'll just be glad when I can check my Google alerts and don't have to read anything about us and 'Glee.' That'll be a wonderful feeling."

Report: Jennifer Hudson angers Oprah

Oprah may have been laughing on camera, but behind the scenes, she was reportedly pretty steamed at Jennifer Hudson. The former "Idol" contestant was supposed to perform on "Oprah," but according to a clip from "Season 25: Oprah Behind the Scenes," she was very, very late for the scheduled taping.

The reason? According to realityblurred.com, JHud left Chicago after rehearsal and headed to Dallas for a private party without telling anyone.

Realityblurred reports that Oprah was so displeased, she gave a "smackdown" to the singer after she finally arrived hours late, thanks to an ice storm.

Tim Gunn, who was also a guest that day, was present for the drama and lightened up the situation with a few laughs.

Bieber: Don't spread gossip...I'm a kid

Justin Bieber appears to be biting back after being labeled a brat by "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" star Marg Helgenberger.

"It's kinda lame when someone you met briefly and never worked with comments on you. I will continue to wish them luck and be kind," Bieber, who appeared in two episodes of the popular CBS series earlier this year, tweeted yesterday.

As Marquee previously reported, Helgenberger claimed during a recent radio interview with Europe's Radio 1 that Bieber behaved badly on set.

"I shouldn't be saying this, but he was kind of a brat," she said. "He was very nice to me. But he locked one of the producers in a closet and he put his fist through a cake that was on the cast's table."

But Bieber may beg to differ.

"I know who I am and sometimes people r just going 2 say what they want. Keep ur head up and be the man ur mama raised. #killemwithkindness," he tweeted. "Rumors are just that... rumors. In the end if you just be kind and be yourself people will know who you are. That goes for anyone I think. Don't spread gossip and don't spread rumors about others... I'm a kid and I know that. #respect."

SO MANY comments on gawker when the Marg Helgenberger video came out - people who work in hotels where he's stayed, have family with concert venues etc - say he treats people like CRAP - his crew, team, as well as strangers, hotel workers etc. Apparently his dad is a bad example - so what else do you expect from a kid who's been given so much at such a young age? He's going to act like a spoiled brat because no one is willing to risk the $$$$ to tell him to stop.....

Sheridan: Cherry Says Parker Was Gay to Marry Eva

5/14/2011 1:00 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Nicollette Sheridan claims "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry committed the ultimate wedding faux pas -- claiming Tony Parker must have been into boys as he said "I do" to Eva.

TMZ obtained Nicollette's declaration in the brutal legal fight she's having with Cherry over her firing on the show.

In the declaration, Nicollette claims, "I was present at Eva Longoria's wedding to Tony Parker, when Mr. Cherry commented that 'Tony must like boys, because he is marrying this -- this little, small girl with no t*ts and -- that looks like a boy.'"

For the record, he couldn't be that gay because he divorced her. Kidding.

Zach Galifianakis to January Jones: 'everybody's going to forget about you'

Mario Anzuoni / Reuters file

"Mad Men" star January Jones recently said that Zach Galifianakis was one of the most naturally funny men she'd ever met. So how did "The Hangover" star take the compliment? Well, he thought it was a bit of a headscratcher, considering he'd recently had some pretty harsh words for Jones.

Galifianakis told the Shortlist, "That’s really funny because, if I remember correctly, she and I were very rude to each other. It was crazy. I was at a party — I’d never met her — and she was like, 'Come sit down.' So I sit at her table and talk for 10 minutes, and she goes, 'I think it’s time for you to leave now,'" he said. "So I say, 'January, you are an actress in a show and everybody’s going to forget about you in a few years, so f---ing be nice,' and I got up and left. And she thinks that’s funny?"