BobbyD

Celebrity Rehab

Stress lands Wyclef Jean in hospital :rolleyes:

Wyclef Jean was hospitalized over the weekend at an undisclosed location due to "symptoms of stress and fatigue,” Jean’s rep told CNN. The musician has since been released, and his rep added that Jean “will be fine – just needs the space to recover.”

The 37-year-old has had “an extremely grueling three months–truly an exhausting eight months, since the earthquake when he recommitted himself to our homeland and his passion for our people,” his rep explained further in a statement.

The former Fugee “is currently suffering the effects of lack of sleep and stress, global travel, even the endless public eye, and has asked that his fans and supporters bear with him for the next several days as he regains his physical health and stamina.”

Jean is planning to head back to work a week from today, and “will be back out in front of the crusade to rebuild Haiti and his pledge to make it even better for business,” according to the statement.

The artist announced his intent to run for president of Haiti in August, but was deemed ineligible. Jean officially ended his bid for presidency last week. In a statement, he said fans can expect a new album, "If I Were President, the Haitian Experience," in February.

I know I'm going to love this thread already :D

EXCLUSIVE: Jersey Shore's Snooki Hospitalized For Suspected Alcohol Poisoning

Bookmark and Share

Posted on Sep 27, 2010 @ 08:45AM

Jersey Shore star Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was hospitalized after a booze fueled bender during taping for the second series of the hit MTV program, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

The scary near-death incident occurred during a wild night out at a South Beach, Miami, nightclub, in May.

One source, who was on-set at the time, admitted to RadarOnline.com, "She was so drunk that she had to be carried out of the nightclub 'Dream' by the show's producers."

Snooki was rushed to a local Miami hospital where she was treated for suspected alcohol poisoning.

The incident had been kept a closely-guarded secret until it emerged that the show's top brass decided to leave it out of last Thursday's episode of the show.

During the version that aired, a visibly drunk Snooki was seen playing with co-star J-Woww and her boyfriend Tom Lippolis' feet while they were attempting to 'smush'.

While slurring her words, Snooki stumbled into Vinny's bed and crashed off her feet.

The frightening hospital scare occurred the same night a 24-year-old Floridian claimed she was attacked Sammi "Sweetheart" Giancola, leaving her with a bruise under her eye.

The show's stars dubbed the eventful night out "Fight Night", we're told.

A MTV spokeswoman would not comment when contacted by RadarOnline.com, while Snooki's rep did not return our request.

It's not known the exact treatment Snooki underwent as a result of her excessive booze intake, but alcohol poisoning is often treated with stomach pumping or gastric lavage, where the stomach is washed out using a saline solution.

According to our source, "Snooki was out of commission for about two days and was left in pain after undergoing the hospital treatment."

Snooki's wild partying ways have become a central focus of the popular series, which is watched by a whopping 5.5 million viewers each week.

Earlier this month, Snooki was fined $500 and ordered to perform community service as punishment for being drunk and disorderly on the beach.

But the judge also admonished Snooki, labelling her "rude, profane, obnoxious and self-indulgent" and even calling her a "Lindsay Lohan wannabe."

Snooki later blamed a Tequila binge for a foulmouthed outburst at the cops who arrested her.

"It was a good wakeup call for me," Snoooki said at an MTV press event.

"It definitely embarrassed my family and that's just not good... My dad was very, very p**sed. He's like, 'I didn't raise you like this.'

"Now when I go out, I only have a couple drinks. I learned that I need to calm down with drinking.

She added: "It's just a drunken mistake. Obviously I like to party. I like to have a good time but maybe I'm overdoing it a little too much. So right now I'm just watching myself and I can have a good time not drinking."

David Arquette Enters Rehab

Sunday January 02, 2011 08:15 PM EST

After a tough couple of months, David Arquette is seeking help.

The actor, who separated from wife Courteney Cox in October, has entered a rehab program, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The rep had "no further information," however a source says the actor needs help with alcohol and other issues.

"He is in there for drinking and depression, not hard drugs. Rehab was inevitable," says the source. "He is dealing with a broken heart. He can't handle all the changes in his life. All his inner demons came out."

During a recent interview on Howard Stern's radio show, Arquette, 39, said that his psychologist, whom he sees once a week, believed he was having a "nervous breakdown," and the actor confessed he'd been "drinking a lot."

"Everybody's worried and concerned about me," he added during the interview. "When I drink, I become a maniac."

A source told PEOPLE recently that Arquette, who is dad to 6-year-daugher Coco with Cox, 46, was having trouble managing the separation.

"He's just not handling this situation well," the source said. "He's really depressed.

TMZ.com first reported that Arquette had entered rehab.

Bloody Nose From Drunken Stunt Sent David Arquette to Rehab, Report Claims

Published January 06, 2011

FoxNews.com

David Arquette went into rehab soon after partying so hard he busted his nose on the floor while trying to do "the worm" at a trendy LA club.

Before checking into the Betty Ford Clinic over New Year's weekend, the 39-year-old actor fell flat on his face and bloodied his nose while trying the break-dancing move at Trousdale right after Christmas, Page Six has learned.

Arquette showed up in Miami days later with his face black-and-blue, and refused to take off a Lone Ranger-style mask that barely hid his red, swollen and bruised face.

Still nursing his heartache over his split with his wife, "Cougar Town" star Courteney Cox, Arquette returned to LA for New Year's Eve and spent late nights at Hollywood strip club Crazy Girls.

A source told us, "David has not handled the split well. He's been drinking heavily and just went wild. At Trousdale, he got wasted and tried to do the worm, but ended falling on his face and smashing up his nose. There was blood everywhere. And he's been spending a lot of money at strip clubs. He ended up a total mess."

Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Addiction Problems'

By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2011 05:10AM

Singer and former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant Aaron Carter has entered a rehab center to get treated for "addiction problems."

E! Online quotes a source who said that Carter's move to the rehab center was not a based on a court-mandated order but his own choice to finally get help.

"He was struggling recently and needed this," the source said.

Carter's manager, Johnny Wright, said that the singer, 23, came to him a few months ago wanting to return to music and restart his career. Carter has been in Orlando, Fla., working on a new album and "perfecting his live show and his physical body."

Wright said, "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."

He continues, "Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."

While it is not known what the singer is being treated for, The Daily Mail reports that Carter has been linked to substance abuse issues in the past, and even appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' back in 2008.

Carter was arrested for marijuana possession that year.

It has also been reported that older brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been very supportive of Carter's move to the rehab facility and has visited him in the facility in between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour.

David Arquette Checks Out of Rehab

By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 30th 2011 06:42PM

Nearly one month after entering himself into a rehab facility to treat problems with "alcohol and other issues," David Arquette has checked himself out.

Arquette completed his treatment on Sunday. "He has competed his treatment and has left," his rep tells PEOPLE. Another source told PEOPLE that Arquette is "in great spirits. He's feeling good and he's ready to move forward."

Arquette had checked into rehab at the beginning of January. The actor moved into a live-in rehab facility to address an alcohol problem following a New Year's Eve party at Arquette & Beacher's Madhouse Theater, located at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles. According to its website, the venue features a "Flying Midget bartender" and had the "atmosphere of a circus."

A source close to Arquette told TMZ at the time that he was seeking help because it was "the right thing to do for his family." PEOPLE quoted another insider who confirms the star entered rehab for "drinking and depression, not hard drugs."

Courteney Cox came out in support of her estranged husband after his decision. "I really admire David and his choice to take charge and better his life," the actress told PEOPLE earlier this month. "I love and support him."

Arquette checked himself into an unidentified facility over the holiday weekend following months of erratic behavior that included several revealing conversations with friend and shock jock Howard Stern. Many of the revelations to Stern included intimate details of his love life -- or lack of a love life -- with Cox.

David Arquette Checks Out of Rehab

By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 30th 2011 06:42PM

Nearly one month after entering himself into a rehab facility to treat problems with "alcohol and other issues," David Arquette has checked himself out.

Arquette completed his treatment on Sunday. "He has competed his treatment and has left," his rep tells PEOPLE. Another source told PEOPLE that Arquette is "in great spirits. He's feeling good and he's ready to move forward."

SNIP

I really like the monologue that Craig Ferguson did about addiction and rehab and what finally got him clean. He points out that the 28 days in-patient are only the beginning of a very long process. I hope David knows that.

(PEOPLE) -- Charlie Sheen isn't being treated in a traditional facility for his latest round of rehab, relying instead on professionals who'll help him in private, his manager tells PEOPLE.

"Charlie has put together a team that he trusts to help get him sober once and for all," says Mark Burg, who is also a producer of "Two and a Half Men."

Sheen, 45, began treatment over the weekend after more widely reported partying and a trip to the hospital with abdominal pain.

His highly successful show is now hiatus during his rehab. Burg says that CBS and Warner Bros., the studio behind the show, will "work around Charlie's sobriety schedule."

"Everybody hopes his recovery is quick and new episodes are back on the air as soon as possible," says Burg.

Aaron Carter Enters Rehab for 'Addiction Problems'

By PopEater Staff Posted Jan 24th 2011 05:10AM

Singer and former 'Dancing with the Stars' contestant Aaron Carter has entered a rehab center to get treated for "addiction problems."

E! Online quotes a source who said that Carter's move to the rehab center was not a based on a court-mandated order but his own choice to finally get help.

"He was struggling recently and needed this," the source said.

Carter's manager, Johnny Wright, said that the singer, 23, came to him a few months ago wanting to return to music and restart his career. Carter has been in Orlando, Fla., working on a new album and "perfecting his live show and his physical body."

Wright said, "Aaron, understanding the challenges and hard work it would take to get himself back to the top, requested to take some time before we started to heal some emotional and spiritual issues he was dealing with."

He continues, "Therefore he has chosen to enter a facility where he feels he will get the guidance and cleansing he needs that will help him on the music journey he's about to take. He asks that everyone keep him in their prayers and that they respect his privacy at this time."

While it is not known what the singer is being treated for, The Daily Mail reports that Carter has been linked to substance abuse issues in the past, and even appeared on 'Celebrity Rehab' back in 2008.

Carter was arrested for marijuana possession that year.

It has also been reported that older brother and Backstreet Boys member Nick Carter has been very supportive of Carter's move to the rehab facility and has visited him in the facility in between rehearsals for the NKOTBSB tour.

i don't think he did...

Wasn't Nick on it and he was visiting his brother? I think that is the "appearance" they are talking about. Not that he was an actual rehabber>

'American Pie' actor checks into treatment center

Seann William Scott, who played Stiffler, is getting help for personal issues, rep says

Seann William Scott, who starred in "Role Models," has checked into treatment.By Natalie Finn

E!online

If Seann William Scott really wants to be a role model, this is a good first step.

The actor, who's best known for his goofball roles in bromance flicks like "Role Models," "Dude, Where's My Car?" and the "American Pie trilogy," has checked into a treatment center, his rep said Tuesday.

Does that mean Stifler is cleaning up his act?

"Seann William Scott has voluntarily admitted himself for proactive treatment to address health and personal issues," his rep tells People. "He appreciates the support of his many fans at this time."

No other details were forthcoming on what these issues are or where he is undergoing treatment.

Scott's was last on the big screen in the 2010 Bruce Willis-Tracy Morgan comedy "Cop Out."

Whitney Houston in Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Treatment

By Dahvi Shira and Anne Marie Cruz

Monday May 09, 2011 12:25 PM EDT

Whitney Houston is seeking help.

The singer, 47, who has struggled with substance abuse in the past, has recently entered an out-patient treatment program.

"Whitney Houston is currently in an out-patient rehab program for drug and alcohol treatment," her rep tells PEOPLE in a statement. "Whitney voluntarily entered the program to support her long-standing recovery process."

Houston initially entered rehab in 2004, telling ABC News interviewer Diane Sawyer at the time: "I partied a lot. Trust me: I partied my tail off." But, the singer also admitted, "You get to a point where you know the party's over."

But, the singer also admitted, "You get to a point where you know the party's over."

Hopefully she's now finally at that point.

Matthew Perry Returning to Rehab to Focus on Sobriety

By Tracey Harrington McCoy

'Friends' star Matthew Perry is returning to rehab, PEOPLE reports. The 41-year-old actor, who has struggled with prescription pills and alcohol in the past, is returning to rehab to continue his recovery.

"I'm making plans to go away for a month to focus on my sobriety and to continue my life in recovery," he said in a statement. "Please enjoy making fun of me on the World Wide Web."

Perry was in rehab twice before: once in 1997 and again in 2001. And in 2000, he was hospitalized for alcohol-related pancreatitis.

A source told PEOPLE there wasn't a relapse and that Perry plans to enter a facility soon.

The actor currently stars on ABC sitcom, 'Mr. Sunshine.'

De La Hoya -- Cocaine Use Triggered Marital Infidelity

5/23/2011 10:50 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

Oscar De La Hoya began drinking and using cocaine, which then caused him to have infidelity problems in his marriage ... sources connected with the former boxing champ tell TMZ.

We broke the story ... Oscar voluntarily checked himself into a treatment facility in California for substance abuse issues a few weeks ago.

Oscar has told friends he does not believe he hit bottom, but checked himself into rehab before things got totally out of control.

As one source put it ... Oscar has had fidelity issues and it seems to correlate with substance abuse ... and that's a matter he's dealing with in rehab.

Amy Winehouse back in rehab

Ian Gavan / Getty Images file

Defying the lyrics of her hit song once again, singer Amy Winehouse on Wednesday checked into a rehab clinic as part of her ongoing battle with alcohol addiction, her rep confirmed to People.

Winehouse "has embarked on a treatment program at the Priory Clinic. She wants to be ready for performances in Europe this summer and decided to seek an assessment. She will remain at the Priory on doctors' advice," the rep said in a statement.

A source close to the singer told the magazine that it was her father Mitch Winehouse who coerced her to go to rehab. "Her dad sat her down and said 'I think you're drinking too much again.' So she agreed to do an assessment to stop it from becoming a bigger problem."

That didn't keep Winehouse from one last hurrah: she reportedly downed a miniature bottle of Smirnoff vodka on her way to the clinic, "in typical Amy style," said the source.

Jonathan Rhys Meyers's Battle with Addiction

By Dahvi Shira

It was a shock when Jonathan Rhys Meyers was hospitalized on Tuesday due to a relapse – but the talented actor's troubles are nothing new.

Dating back to early 2005, the Tudors star, 33, has bounced in and out of rehab and been arrested or detained for several drunken brawls.

In 2007, almost six months after his second trip to rehab, the first of Meyers's public violent tirades got him in trouble with the law. After demonstrating erratic, abusive behavior at the Dublin, Ireland, airport, the actor was arrested and released shortly thereafter.

Meyers's lawyer apologized on behalf of the star less than a month later for his "unacceptable and out of character" actions, which were later determined to be alcohol-related. But two and a half years later, Meyers faced a case of déjá vu.

After allegedly punching a Charles De Gaulle airport lounge employee while drunk in 2009, Meyers was detained by French police. Handcuffed and placed in custody, the actor remained in a sober lock-up area for three hours before being released.

Following that run-in with the law, Meyers stayed out of headlines until a year later when he reportedly had yet another airport altercation. The actor was allegedly reprimanded for using the 'N' word and displaying drunk and disorderly conduct at New York's JFK airport while boarding a flight to L.A.

Shortly thereafter, he was headed back to rehab again.

"He just really wants to get better," a source close to the actor told PEOPLE at the time. "This has been an ongoing battle for him."

Meyers, who was born with a serious heart problem, has consistently experienced bumps in the road. Expelled from high school at 16 for truancy, the actor lost his mom to illness in 2007 when she was only 50.

"Accidental overdoses are on the rise, and deaths due to overdoses have increased significantly in the last 10 years," Dr. David Sack, M.D., CEO of Promises Treatment Centers, explains to PEOPLE. "This change is due to the epidemic abuse of prescription narcotics which are highly lethal when combined with alcohol or other drugs."

Adds Sack, "to recover, an individual has to believe they have a problem. The fact that Rhys Meyers was trying to send away the ambulance suggests he didn't recognize the seriousness of the problem and that he was still hoping to conceal it. If on reflection he decides to re-engage in treatment, his prognosis could be very good. There are many examples of celebrities who recover with treatment after failing repeatedly."

Eric Dane Checks Into Rehab

By Tim Nudd

Wednesday July 20, 2011 11:30 AM EDT

Facebook Tweet Grey's Anatomy star Eric Dane recently entered a rehab clinic in Los Angeles to battle an addiction to painkillers.

"Actor Eric Dane voluntarily checked himself into a treatment facility to help him get off of pain medication that he was prescribed for a sports injury that he suffered over the recent hiatus. He reports back to work this week. Business as usual," his rep says in a statement.

The news comes just a few weeks after PEOPLE confirmed that Dane, 38, and his wife Rebecca Gayheart, 39, are expecting their second child. Daughter Billie is 16 months old.

I can't help but feel sorry for these folks with addictions to drugs. I know how hard it can be to give up something that you crave with your whole mind and body.

People: Kim Delaney pulled offstage during slurred speech

By Randy McMullen

Contra Costa Times

Posted: 09/23/2011 05:59:03 PM PDT

Updated: 09/23/2011 05:59:04 PM PDT

"N.Y.P.D. Blue" and "Army Wives" star Kim Delaney shocked the audience Thursday night at the Liberty Medal Awards in Philadelphia with a mangled, slurred speech that ended with her being escorted offstage.

The 49-year-old actress, described as looking "disheveled" when she took the stage, slurred her words, made strange gestures and misspoke about her own experience in the armed services.

The event was honoring former Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

During her speech, reports said, Delaney rambled on the podium about "having served in active military duty family for five years."

"I've seen soldiers come home with painful life-altering injuries borne of their time and service," she added, slurring. "I've attended numerous military funerals, including that of my best friend's son." She later clarified that these events were not real but were scenes from her Lifetime series "Army Wives."

Reports said the audience grew more uncomfortable as the speech went on, and grew more disoriented, until someone interrupted the speech and led Delaney offstage.

In 2002, Delaney was arrested for DUI in Malibu, and the following year sought treatment for alcohol abuse. She has not commented on the incident.

Link to video: Kim Delaney: Drunk? High? Off Her Rocker?

I'm no expert at all, but that doesn't look/sound drunk to me, it looks/sounds high.

I'm sure she was: 1) On heavy cold medication or 2) On heavy pain medication. And although she should not have appeared, felt the cause was too important and wanted to show her thanks to such a wonderful man. :rolleyes:

GERARD BUTLER

In Rehab [update]

12:04 PM PST -- Gerard's manager, Alan Siegel tells TMZ, "Gerard left Betty Ford early this morning and he's healthy."

----------------------------------------------------------

Gerard Butler is being treated for substance abuse at the Betty Ford Center ... TMZ has learned.

Butler's problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting "300" in 2006 (see video below of Gerard preparing for the role). We're told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming "Of Men and Mavericks," when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.

We're told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford three weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ ... Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

We're told Butler will be leaving Betty Ford later today.

GERARD BUTLER

In Rehab [update]

12:04 PM PST -- Gerard's manager, Alan Siegel tells TMZ, "Gerard left Betty Ford early this morning and he's healthy."

----------------------------------------------------------

Gerard Butler is being treated for substance abuse at the Betty Ford Center ... TMZ has learned.

Butler's problems were triggered by the physical demands of shooting "300" in 2006 (see video below of Gerard preparing for the role). We're told the actor began struggling with pain management, and the problem became exacerbated while filming "Of Men and Mavericks," when Butler was badly hurt on December 18 during a surfing accident.

We're told Butler realized he was relying too much on prescription drugs and decided to head off a full-blown addiction by entering Betty Ford three weeks ago.

Sources tell TMZ ... Butler also developed issues with cocaine, but the root problem appears to be the injuries and pain management.

We're told Butler will be leaving Betty Ford later today.

He was filming that movie where I live. Lots of local surfers were extras in it. The surfing incident was at a big wave area called "Mavericks" and is definitely not for beginners. By all accounts from the local surfers there and the newspapers, he was held under for two waves but not seriously injured. He was taken to Stanford Medical Center and he was released that day. Still, he was in the water every day for his role, and by all accounts (his), enjoyed the new experience. He was in good shape and very friendly with everyone. Glad he's getting treatment for his problem, no matter what triggered it.