dixiedoodah

Neil Patrick Harris

This came totally out of the blue to me.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20434923,00.html

Alyson Hannigan Is So Excited Neil Patrick Harris Is a New Dad

By Paul Chi

Saturday October 16, 2010 06:30 PM EDT

New dad Neil Patrick Harris has an outgoing and loving personality – and will be a wonderful father, says his How I Met Your Mother costar Alyson Hannigan.

"He's definitely a kid at heart and I think that really helps," she tells PEOPLE. "He can get into the kids' energy easily. He's fantastic with my daughter, and she just loves him."

Hannigan, 36, who has a 19-month-old daughter, Satyana, with her husband Alexis Denisof, says her costar and his partner David Burtka will be "fantastic fathers" to their twins, Gideon Scott and Harper Grace, and thinks Harris's creativity will go a long way.

"He has this phenomenal song that he has made up and it makes my daughter laugh every time he does it," she says, laughing. "It sticks in my head for days. It's so brilliant, and it's the perfect baby song. He's definitely going to be so creative and fun."

Like some new parents, Harris and Burtka sought out parenting advice and made a visit to Hannigan's home with a list of baby-related questions.

"I don't think they needed any of our advice but we peppered them with all the information that my husband and I have," Hannigan says. "We gave them a list of our favorite products and talked about [how] the first six weeks in is kind of the hardest. [Just] trying to figure out what each cry means or what is the best schedule for the baby is hard."

But with all the feedings and the diaper changing, Hannigan says Harris and Burtka will experience a new kind of love. 

"Without a doubt they will be wonderful dads who are going to love their little babies so much," she says. "Those are going to be two lucky babies."

"I can't wait to share the feeling that your heart has exploded into something bigger than you ever thought it would be," Hannigan says. "It's so overwhelming in the very best possible way. I'm excited for their journey."

So I found this from Friday, also on People:

Neil Patrick Harris Welcomes 'Happy, Healthy' Twins

Friday October 15, 2010 04:15 PM EDT

It's a boy and a girl!

Neil Patrick Harris and partner David Burtka are officially fathers. The actors welcomed twins Gideon Scott and Harper Grace on Oct. 12, the How I Met Your Mother star announced on Twitter Friday.

"All of us are happy, healthy, tired, and a little pukey," he wrote.

Harris, 37, announced that he and Burtka, 35, were becoming parents in August. "We're super excited/nervous/thrilled. Hoping the press can respect our privacy," he wrote on Twitter at the time.

According to reports, the babies were born with the help of a surrogate.

At the Emmy Awards that month, Harris said he was getting excited about his new role – and doing research. "I'm trying to read as much as I can, and prep as much as I can," he said at the time. "But there's only so much you can do because each baby is super individual and totally their own person."

According to reports, the babies were born with the help of a surrogate.

Well. . . duh! :rolleyes:

Congrats!

This came totally out of the blue to me.

They had talked about the pregnancy & surrogate a few months ago - but they didn't totally whore out the info. We didn't cover that on the board anywhere? Because whereever I read it originally was talking about the kids David's last partner had too.....