Sign in to follow this  
dixiedoodah

Demi Lovato

We are an acquaintance of her keyboardist, Alex Wright, who used to teach at the small studio where my daughter takes piano lessons. Bummer for all the people who depend on the tour for income, unless there is some way they get paid anyway.

I find enormous engagement rings terrifying, I don’t know how people can leave the house in them. I’d be so worried about losing it! Mine isn’t even a carat and I don’t wear it when we’re travelling for that reason. 

I love emerald cuts though, it’s my favourite diamond cut. 

• Like 1

It's so big it looks fake, it looks like you can't do anything while wearing it (guess not a concern if you're an actress?) and yeah, I'd be terrified of losing or hurting it!

• Like 2

I wonder if some of the really big stones we see these days might be mossanite instead, I think there’s been a trend towards that in the U.K. as you can get a larger stone for less than a diamond (but still pricey). 

• Like 1

Is that a similar stone or a lab created stone? I've thought about lab-created "diamond" studs. But I'm not sure I'm a diamond stud sort of woman - I'm more a pearl sort of woman ;-)

• Like 1

Yeah, I saw that (Lainey, probably) but I think that's not uncommon for celebs when the woman makes a lot more than the man. And I do not care one fig about that. I'd rather have her spend her money on a ring she'll wear than spend it on a boat for him or something. Sorry, I've been listening to Gaslighter again today ;-)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

Is that a similar stone or a lab created stone? I've thought about lab-created "diamond" studs. But I'm not sure I'm a diamond stud sort of woman - I'm more a pearl sort of woman ?

I believe it’s now lab created but was originally identified as naturally occurring, then recreated. 

I also have no issue about who pays for it. If you’re the one who’s going to wear it every day, get what you like!

I love both diamonds and pearls. :) I actually went years ago (with my then boyfriend as company) to buy myself a diamond ring for my right hand, with a bonus I got from passing my professional exams. I wanted something to celebrate my achievement as it was hard work. The shop automatically assumed it was an engagement ring, but I soon set them right. :D 

• Thanks 1

I've thought about whether I want some anniversary jewelry (it's 20 this year, have been thinking about something for 25). My engagement ring is an estate piece, sapphire in platinum. I adore. And my wedding band is a platinum band in a celtic knot pattern. I've thought about a celtic band with diamonds. My mom's wedding ring is a celtic band in yellow gold with emeralds (not her first wedding ring...actually,  I think it might be the 2nd band with the current - 3rd - husband ;-)

But I have worn no rings since March when I started working from home. I feel, as with bras, I might not be going back to the way things were in the before-days ;-)

• Like 2

I just have a problem when they brag about what a nice piece of jewelry their fiance purchased from them when that is not the case. I thought Demi was bragging?  Although to be fair, I just saw a few insta photos.

• Like 2

I love platinum as a metal. My engagement, eternity and wedding rings are all platinum with either emerald or princess cut diamonds. I’ve been married 15 years this year, but with my other half for 25.

I too haven’t worn my rings since lockdown - until last week when we went out, and I was shocked by how loose they were. I lost 2.5 stone two years ago and didn’t really notice the change in finger size until now, but now I have i worry I might lose them. I am not sure I want to get them resized (one is a full circle of diamonds), so might just get a plain thin band to wear instead. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hoyaheel said:

I feel, as with bras, I might not be going back to the way things were in the before-days ;-)

Preach!!!!!  I'm finding very little motivation to even wear one on the rare times I do venture out.  My face is over 50% covered and I am growing out my hair, so it's not like anyone will recognize me from 6 feet away.

On topic - if that particular ring makes her happy and it's not stolen property, then that's good enough for me.  The size, shape, and who actually paid for it are all none of my business.

• Like 1

I feel like she’s been sort of hinting this way for a while, so I’m not terribly surprised. That being said, this girl feels like a walking red flag. I’ve long been worried about her long term outcome. Maybe this is what she has needed to do for some time and it will help her find some peace? One can only hope because she seems very troubled. As much as Hollywood is a gawking event, there are real people there and occasionally I just get the feeling that a few people are heading towards a metaphorical car crash. I don’t like to see myself proven right. 

• Like 2