Sign in to follow this  
princess

Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo

Posted Image

Nick Lachey & Vanessa Minnillo Are Engaged!

By Dahvi Shira

Update Thursday November 04, 2010 06:30 PM EDT Originally posted Thursday November 04, 2010 05:00 PM EDT

Nick Lachey and Vanessa Minnillo are taking their relationship to the next level: They're getting hitched!

"We're excited and incredibly happy about our engagement and we look forward to a wonderful future together," the longtime couple announced in a joint statement.

Lachey, 36, popped the question to Minnillo, 29, on Thursday "near a beach" in California, with an Asscher-cut diamond with baguettes from Bader & Garrin, a source tells PEOPLE.

On Thursday afternoon, Lachey took to Twitter to write, "Hey all. If anyone's heard the rumors of my engagement, they are absolutely true! Vanessa and I couldn't be happier. Thanks for all the love."

"They are very happy," the source adds. "They make each other happy."

The couple, who split briefly in 2009, were not apart long before getting back together. "I am happy in a relationship," Lachey said at the time.

For her part, Minnillo hasn't been quiet about her desire to marry her longtime beau. "Once again it looks as if I'm always the bridesmaid but never the bride," she said, gently ribbing Lachey last year.

As for how they keep their relationship hot, Minnillo recently revealed that the couple shower together twice a day. "It's not a sexual thing and it's not a romantic thing," she said. "It just becomes an intimate thing ... I've had some of my most intimate conversations with him in the shower."

The duo began dating in 2006.

The will be the second marriage for Lachey, who was previously married to Jessica Simpson.

She got a pretty "BIG" ring like she wanted. Can I barf??

She just annoys the heck out of me. I think he can do way better!

I've never heard the relationship being fake, just many are surprised they've lasted this long as she was the rebound chick after the divorce.

I wonder if Jessica ever regrets letting him go. It seems he is the solid stable kind of man that she has not been able to find since.

More and more they are starting to reveal info. Blech she is hella annoying when she talks!

http://www.etonline.com/news/107342_ET_EXC...nessa_Minnillo/

Nick Lachey chatted with his "lifelong crush" and ET's own Nancy O'Dell about how he popped the question to his longtime love Vanessa Minnillo, calling it his "best romantic effort."

"You gotta take it in stages. If you set the bar too high than you set yourself up for failure," Nick told Nancy of proposing to Vanessa late last year. ET caught up with the singer-turned-actor while he and his gal were guest starring on CBS' "Hawaii Five-O." "This was a carefully calculated plan," he continued on about the proposal. "You have to set the romance but you have to take it in phases. This was phase one."

Vanessa revealed that her hubby-to-be got down on both knees to ask her to marry him, a pose Nick referred to jokingly as the "full begging position."

However, this excited bride still has some wedding planning to do. Vanessa admitted to ET, "Gosh, I gotta get started on that. ... So much to do!"

Coincidentally, Nick and Vanessa play an engaged couple on "Hawaii Five-O," airing Feb. 14 on CBS.

http://celebrity-gossip.net/nick-lachey/va...by-works-468896

Vanessa Minnillo & Nick Lachey: Baby In the Works?

Making it sound as if family expansion may be in the works, Vanessa Minnillo opened up about the possibility of a baby in 2011 with Nick Lachey being a strong likelihood.

Asked about the chances that she'll be joining in on the Hollywood baby boom, Miss Minnillo said, “Things happen. And if a blessing comes before the wedding then that’s exactly what it is, [a blessing].”

Having gotten engaged to Lachey back in November 2010, the pair have yet to choose (or reveal) any set wedding plans at the current time.

The couple just finished filming a guest spot together on "Hawaii Five-O" airing in February, which goes along with the fact that Vanessa has said that work has gotten in the way of baby plans in the past - but that won't always be the case.

She told, “I would love to have children and work. I definitely don’t want it to slow me down. I’m always going to be, ‘Go, go, go.’ And I’m going to be pregnant, fat and happy through it all.”

As for her role model when it comes to celebrity moms, the 30-year-old revealed that she's all about Reese Witherspoon, as she dished, “I think she’s amazing. She’s a strong woman who can manage her two babies and still be a talented actress as well an ambassador for her causes. She’s done it all, and she’s done it all with grace and [shown] it is possible.”