BobbyD

Who Will Come Out Next?

NEWS/ Prison Break Star Wentworth Miller Comes Out As Gay

by Marc Malkin Today 2:47 PM PDT

Wentworth Miller has come out as gay.

The Prison Break star decided it was time to publicly reveal his sexuality after being invited to attend a film festival in Russia.

"Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes," Wentworth, 41, says in a letter to Maria Averbakh, director of the St. Petersburg International Film Festival. "However, as a gay man, I must decline.

"I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government," he continued in the letter, posted on GLAAD's website. "The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.

He also said "if circumstances improve, I'll be free to make a different choice."

GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz praised Miller's actions.

"Wentworth's bold show of support sends a powerful message to LGBT Russians: you are not alone," Cruz said. "As people from across the globe continue to speak out against this horrific law, more celebrities and corporations should follow his courageous lead in openly condemning Russia's anti-LGBT law."

:lol: Good for him for coming out!! (and my chances of hooking up with him still remain the same :D)

:lol: Good for him for coming out!! (and my chances of hooking up with him still remain the same :D)

Mine too! Glad he finally made it official.

I'm glad he spoke out about Russia, but as has been pointed out on other boards - sucks that he denied it so vehemently for years......But if he's happy with himself & being open about this now, good for him!

Edited by Hoyaheel

He was suspected to be a big Ted Blind Vice, wasn't he? Any thoughts on which one?

Just the one who was gay but not an actual blind the gay item was about - if that makes sense (i.e. this is a blind item about a gay actor - not this other gay actor I could do a blind about if he wasn't so damn boring - yada yada yada)

Now that that's out of the way, who's he dating? The Burtka/Harrises could use some competition this side of the pond (Barrowman/Gill might still come out on top)

Is this seriously the first time he admitted it? I could swear he's been quietly out forever. Of course, it could be that WE just quietly outted him on here and I'm remembering that as being fact.

Is this seriously the first time he admitted it? I could swear he's been quietly out forever. Of course, it could be that WE just quietly outted him on here and I'm remembering that as being fact.

I believe it still "only counts" when one actually uses the words "as a gay man/I am gay" as far as media and internet go. Supposedly he'd been openly gay since at least college and it wasn't a secret by any means on set.

I believe it still "only counts" when one actually uses the words "as a gay man/I am gay" as far as media and internet go. Supposedly he'd been openly gay since at least college and it wasn't a secret by any means on set.

Yes, but.....He'd been interviewed in the past and said "I am not gay, I want a girlfriend and a kid" so......Contradictory at the best....

I'm sorry is this really even news? Especially in light of the fact that it was BobbyD that posted it! That is bigger news! HE'S ALIVE!!! :inlove:

I'm sorry is this really even news? Especially in light of the fact that it was BobbyD that posted it! That is bigger news! HE'S ALIVE!!! :inlove:

LOL I thought the same thing :D

LOL I thought the same thing :D

Yes. I'm alive and kicking. :lol:

Wow, if true - this could be big:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Andy-Cohen-and...y-rumours/27972

Is Sean Avery the Gay First Lady of Bravo?

September 6, 2013

Posted at 11:08 AM

Dean

Posted by Dean

Share on pinterest_share Share on facebook Share on twitter More Sharing Services

Unexpected, but not necessarily that surprising, news coming out of the gay celebrity bubble this week – the rumoured engagement of Bravo’s Andy Cohen and former NHL villain, Sean Avery. Is this true? Is it even ok to ask if Sean Avery is gay if he’s not saying it? I’m not exactly sure but the evidence is mounting and the possibly real (and as cute as 1000 Milania Giudices!) couple is responding.

The supposed story is that they’ve been together for a while and are ready to tie the knot, but not to take things public because Sean is allegedly still semi-closeted. A very ridiculous part of the original rumour is that Andy’s jealous of his married famous friends, like Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos, and wants to start living the life of an out power couple. Don’t you love picturing Andy Cohen whining to Sean Avery about how badly he wants to be more like Kelly Rippa?

While it’s a very fun story to get behind, lots of these details sound pretty sketchy, right? But what’s REALLY weird is how easy it is to find lots of evidence of SOME kind of relationship going on here. Andy and Sean are all over each other’s Instagrams, and not just at places they may have run into each other, but in some seriously intimate settings. One particular picture has them shirtless, wrapped in an American flag, presumably at Two Mile Hollow Beach - the gay favoured destination in East Hampton that’s also Andy’s summer stomping grounds.

Is that picture definitely a beach date? Who knows, but the thing about gay guys? We love gay beaches and we very rarely invite straight bros along because that would obviously screw up the vibe that encourages us to show off our b’s and d’s. Does that mean Sean Avery is definitely gay? No. Did Sean Avery quit the NHL to pursue his interest in Fashion? Yes. Is that the white gay Canadian male dream? Also yes.

Both guys have now responded with sarcastic tweets. Someone asked Andy if the story is true, to which he responded “ask @iamseanavery”. That tweet has since been deleted. True or not though, you have to give it up to Andy – the Emmcee has finally stolen the drama spotlight from his Cabaret of Housewives. Real Househusbands of East Hamptons, anyone? You know you’d watch that!

Olympic diver Tom Daley says he is in a relationship with a man.

In a video released for his fans on YouTube, the 19-year-old British Olympian says "come spring this year, my life changed massively when I met someone and it made me feel so happy, so safe … That someone is a guy."

Daley says in the five-minute video clip, which he published Monday, that he wanted "to put an end to all the rumours and speculation, and just say it, tell you guys," adding "is it a big deal? I don't think so."

Daley won the 10-metre platform gold at the 2009 world championships when he was 15. He took bronze in the same event at last year's London Olympics.

More here:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/tom-daley-announc...g-man-1.2447724

Agreed. Sadly, I can see this quickly devolving in to another Tim Tebow-eque situation. If Michael Sam doesn't get drafted, or even if he does and gets buried on a depth chart -- is it because of his personal life? A team's desire to avoid a likely inevitable media circus? Or because he just wasn't that good at the pro level? The same questions still apply if he gets cut at any point in his career. Just ask Chris Kluwe, the outspoken gay rights activist punter who may or may not have been released from the Vikings due to his political views as opposed to on field performance.

I applaud the fact that Michael Sam came out at the beginning of his career and on his own terms. And FWIW, I personally don't care if a player is gay, straight, old, young, likes to paint their toenails bright green, whatever as long as their presence on the roster can help the team. (I do have an issue with beating women, DUIs, and killing living beings, but that's a different conversation.) The league - and society as a whole - has come a long way on this issue. But is still has a long way to go before reaching the ultimate end state of this being a complete non-issue. It will be interesting to see this story play out, and I truly wish Michael Sam the best.

Agreed this will be interesting to watch it play out (no pun intended!!). Anything good or bad that happens to him will be assumed to be because he came out.