BobbyD

Who Will Come Out Next?

Ellen Page

... I’m here today because I am gay. And because… maybe I can make a difference. To help others have an easier and more hopeful time. Regardless, for me, I feel a personal obligation and a social responsibility.

I also do it selfishly, because I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission. I suffered for years because I was scared to be out. My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered. And I’m standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of all that pain. I am young, yes, but what I have learned is that love, the beauty of it, the joy of it and yes, even the pain of it, is the most incredible gift to give and to receive as a human being. And we deserve to experience love fully, equally, without shame and without compromise...

Edited by sueli

My female boss is gay. A lot of people I work with are gay. Most people I work with assume I'm gay and are surprised when in normal conversation I say the word "boyfriend" or "I once went out with this guy who....". I feel like I have a sense what it must feel like to "hide" your sexuality. Its not as simple as "keep your sex life private, I don't want to hear about it" arguments I've heard. People don't discover I'm straight because I'm talking about a new sex move I learned, they discover I'm straight because they ask the simple question "so how was your weekend?". I also never realized how common discrimination against gay people are until I started working for someone who is, even living in southern California. <_<

Joel Grey - sorry, don't have the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2015/01/28/stage-and-screen-star-joel-grey-says-hes-gay/22466183/

Love to Jennifer for being so supportive of her father:

I feel very happy for my dad that he has come to a point in his life where he feels safe and comfortable enough to declare himself in a public way as a gay man," Jennifer said in the interview.

"Mostly because the more people are free to own their true nature and can hopefully come closer to love and accept themselves as they really are, no matter what age, no matter how long it takes, to finally be free of the lies or half truths, it is freedom," she said.

Edited by tyler

Teen Wolf (tv version, NOT Michael J Fox ;-) comes out

http://pagesix.com/2016/01/12/teen-wolf-star-comes-out/

“Over time, this abstract ‘knowing’ grew and articulated itself through a painful gestation marked by feelings of despair and alienation, ending in a climax of saying three words out loud: ‘I am gay,'” Carver, 27, wrote on Instagram Monday.