fykeylicious

Royal Wedding

In any event, the civil ceremony has occurred. Lainey reporting (from French papers?) that they confiscated Charlene's passport. Oy!

So it's safe to assume that they will not be traveling abroad for their honeymoon?

:)

In any event, the civil ceremony has occurred. Lainey reporting (from French papers?) that they confiscated Charlene's passport. Oy!

So it's safe to assume that they will not be traveling abroad for their honeymoon?

:)

Perhaps they can spin it that they have been swapping it out for the diplomatic passport (or whatever passport royals use ;) ) and of course, they'll have an assistant who can carry it for her on their future travels - she's a princess now, why should she deal with any of that on her own?

Gilded cage, indeed.

Those two (Beatrice and Eugenie) are brilliant. They got everyone talking about them at someone else's wedding, and not just some wedding but THE wedding. Yeah for the PR stunt they managed to pull off with just a hat. :D Just today Beatrice is on the front of EOnline.com.

Yeah but why would you want everyone talking about how fugly you looked at THE wedding?

Bad publicity is better than no publicity :D

I read somewhere that the hats were in protest because their mother was not welcome, lol.

We had our second Royal wedding of the year - Zara Phillips got married yesterday in my city, we even managed a sunny day for it! The hats were frankly not as interesting and everyone seemed to be wearing the same pair of nude court shoes...clearly no one told them it's tough to navigate the cobblestones in heels...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-rugby-ace.html

That is great Wordsworth! I tried to follow this one, but it was done so quietly, it was hard on this side of the pond. They look really happy though.

We had our second Royal wedding of the year - Zara Phillips got married yesterday in my city, we even managed a sunny day for it! The hats were frankly not as interesting and everyone seemed to be wearing the same pair of nude court shoes...clearly no one told them it's tough to navigate the cobblestones in heels...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-...-rugby-ace.html

I saw a couple pics, but like Branchop said - not covered much here <_<

William & Kate's First-Born Daughter Eligible to Be Queen

By Simon Perry

Friday October 28, 2011 01:00 PM EDT

Eonline.com

Boy or girl, the first child of the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William will be able to assume the throne – as historic changes to the rule of succession have gotten the green light.

The leaders of the 16 governments with Queen Elizabeth II as their head of state have unanimously agreed to change the laws in their realms.

Under current laws, the immediate heir is the first-born son of the monarch.

Announcing the new deal, British Prime Minister David Cameron said, "Put simply, if the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were to have a little girl, that girl would one day be our queen."

The countries – Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Jamaica, Antigua and Barbuda, Belize, Papua New Guinea, St. Christopher and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Tuvalu, Barbados, Grenada, Solomon Islands, St. Lucia and the Bahamas – will now work to implement the changes individually.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said it was a "matter for government," and denied that the Queen signaled her blessing in a speech at the conference of the heads of government in the Commonwealth, in Perth, Australia.

The theme of this year's conference is "Women as Agents of Change." Said Her Majesty: "It reminds us of the potential in our societies that is yet to be fully unlocked, and it encourages us to find ways to allow girls and women to play their full part."

About time!! <_<

popbitch.com

Speculation on Fleet St has reached fever pitch

this week that Kate's done her duty, and that a

royal baby announcement isn't too far away. :jumping1:

Posted Image

Kate & the Queen Kick Off the Diamond Jubilee Tour Together

By Simon Perry and Tim Nudd

Thursday March 08, 2012 10:10 AM EST

people.com

Kate's done her duty

Of all of her duties as future queen, this is the one I would look forward to most if I were her :jumping1:

Lainey has written her thoughts about a baby - she thinks it won't happen until after the Olympics and the Queen's Jubilee this summer (can't remember the dates for the Jubilee, Olympics are July, so.....)

Personally, from a totally non-Royal point of view, I think it's nice to have time as a couple and adjust to life changes before introducing a baby into the mix. And their adjustment period is certainly more stressful than most!!

(I do think her MIL and the Queen think she's doing a good job so far - Kate really kept focus on her training & prep for this job, and I think she's doing a great job....)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Posted Image

TMZ

Kate Middleton is furious over the release of topless pics taken while on vacation with Prince William in France ... and now the Royal Family is threatening to sue someone's ass over it.

The pics -- published by the French magazine Closer -- show Kate taking off her bikini top while hanging out with William last week at a chateau owned by the Queen's nephew, Lord Linley.

Moments after the pic went public, the Royal Family issued a scathing statement ... saying "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."

In the statement, the Royal Fam said the incident is "reminiscent of the worst excesses of the press and paparazzi during the life of Diana, Princess of Wales" ... who died in a car crash while fleeing from the paparazzi in France back in 1997.

The Royal statement continued, "Their royal highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them."

"Officials acting on behalf of their royal highnesses are consulting with lawyers to consider what options may be available to the Duke and Duchess."

"The Duke and Duchess remain focused currently on their tour of Singapore, Malaysia, Solomon Islands and Tuvalu on behalf of the Queen."

Closer magazine has a UK version as well, which IMMEDIATELY DISTANCED itself from its French counterpart, saying it would "like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the Editor of the French edition which have reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK."

"Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the Royal family on its cover or otherwise."

This is the third time in less than a month a member of the royal family was caught in a photo scandal/ Prince Harry famously partied in the buff in Las Vegas and Prince Philip was caught in an upskirt moment when he wore a kilt (without underwear) to an event in Scotland.

TMZ

Kate Middleton

SUES MAGAZINE

Over Topless Pics

.....For the magazine's part -- Closer's editor Laurence Pieau has spoken out, calling the media "hypocritical" for condemning her decision to run the pictures.

According to Pieau, there's nothing embarrassing about the pics -- they simply depict a happy young couple in love. She also says she refused to publish "more intimate" photos of the couple.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz26Ssanrk5

Is it just me, or is that a threat that if the royal family doesn't withdraw the suit, the mag will publish more pics - prob of William and Kate making out??

If they simply depict a young couple in love, why print them? Crap argument. i think it's a invasion of privacy and one that can't be justified, no matter how you try.

That said, they're just boobs. Why are people so interested in seeing them?

i think it's a invasion of privacy and one that can't be justified, no matter how you try.

That said, they're just boobs. Why are people so interested in seeing them?

I believe it's because it was on private property, and in order for the photographer to get the shots he had to be trespassing.

And because they're royal boobs :mellow: (and I posted them in the RLD :D)

And because they're royal boobs

I see royal boobs every time I see pics of prince Andrew. :4biggrin: Sorry, wait, that's a royal tit. (this might b a very British joke, sorry)

Edited by Wordsworth

I see royal boobs every time I see pics of prince Andrew. :4biggrin: Sorry, wait, that's a royal tit. (this might b a very British joke, sorry)

Ha ha ha!! Yes, that joke translates!

I think it is an invasion of privacy on private property. I'm sitting here in my gown by a window and I don't expect to have my picture taken. They had an expectation of privacy. It is just creepy and stalkerish.

They are outdoors. I can understand an expectation of privacy if they were indoors (even a surrounded courtyard) that makes sense to me.

Of course, I also had neighbors in college call the cops on us because we were on our front porch drinking from plastic cups. We weren't being loud, but the neighbors said we were a bad example for their kids :rolleyes: because (they assumed) we were drinking in public. The cops came, told us to keep more quiet, and indoors. Grr.

So when our parents all came to visit, we sent them to the front porch with loads of drinks and told them to be loud :4biggrin: No cops called that time.....

I replied in the RLD thread - I think her boobies are nice, though she's rather thin still. And I think they're cute and attentive to each other and that makes me happy to see.