princess

Julia Roberts

I'm no Julia fan, but her quote here seems sensible enough ... except that the folks I know where I live who are experiencing the "highest high" of growing their own food are actually either farmers or pretty poor. I'm not really imagining Julia Roberts literally growing her family's food ... spreading manure, tilling soil, milking cows and goats. No, that ain't gonna happen.

However, she is now too old to be the huge headlining movie star she was, and she appears to understand and accept that fairly gracefully. At least she has some kind of vision of doing something else. And at least she isn't lip syncing in a bikini and whatnot.

I grow lots of food. I have a huge pile of manure in my backyard (thanks to my farmer neighbors) and I have a tiller and fencing to keep out animals, etc. No animals (I contemplated chickens for a while--easy to gather eggs) but the awful smell of chicken poop dissuaded me. I get great satisfaction from what I grow myself, so I can totally understand her desire to at least try it.

At the same time, I have the luxury of having money to buy food if my garden crops fail, and I don't produce everything we eat--just a small sample. So I'm guessing Julia's plans for her future are far more like mine than they are like my (and golden*girl's) farming neighbors. I still don't think there's anything wrong with that ;)

Fug the Cover: Julia Roberts

Here's what I want to know, looking at this cover:

Posted Image

Does Julia's MOST INTIMATE INTERVIEW EVER! include tips and tricks on how she manages to turn her head around 270 degrees? Because that, I would be interested to read.

http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/

I grow lots of food. I have a huge pile of manure in my backyard (thanks to my farmer neighbors) and I have a tiller and fencing to keep out animals, etc. No animals (I contemplated chickens for a while--easy to gather eggs) but the awful smell of chicken poop dissuaded me. I get great satisfaction from what I grow myself, so I can totally understand her desire to at least try it.

At the same time, I have the luxury of having money to buy food if my garden crops fail, and I don't produce everything we eat--just a small sample. So I'm guessing Julia's plans for her future are far more like mine than they are like my (and golden*girl's) farming neighbors. I still don't think there's anything wrong with that ;)

No, of course there's nothing wrong with it. It's good for you in so many ways. And I envy you, because I have the black thumb o' death and seem to lack the stamina for serious food growing. Up until last year I lived in a house which was pretty much surrounded by gardens created by the former owner, an herbalist. Man, that was work. I don't remember ever being as tired as when I'd spent two hours ripping invasive sweet pea vines away from the wanted plants.

It also doesn't sound like you're romanticizing the growing of food--that was my quibble with the JR quote. And you are actually doing it, whereas it sounds like she hasn't lifted a finger. And whaddya wanna bet she never will? :rolleyes:

Man, that was work.

I'm actually incredibly lazy, and I call myself a Darwinian gardener--I don't coddle plants --they either survive on their own or I replace them ;) (I mean, I water, esp. when they first start growing, but I'm not the kind of person that recreates a tropical jungle in her non-tropical yard or anything) I envy people with beautiful gardens & vegetable patches.

Of all the multimillionnaire stars in (or out) of Hollywood, Julia Roberts is one I actually could see doing a little gardening (I mean, she already knits :rolleyes: ) Yes, she's still romanicizing it, but I really could see her spending a weekend playing in the yard. Maybe it's because I've seen photos of her with unwashed hair, no makeup & sweats grocery shopping--that's a pretty "normal" thing to do.

yeah, Julia Roberts is almost disappointingly normal. Saw her live and in person once and never would have thought someone who looked like that could clean up so well, much less pass as a glamorous movie star. ;) I used to hate her, in part because I thought she was overrated, but also because I saw her speak at a screening of one of her movies (might have been Flatliners? I don't remember now) at UCLA when I was a sophomore. She was totally clueless, impressed with herself, and a complete bitch. I think it was right around the time she did Hook, when she was getting very bad press for being a flaky cokehead diva. She seems to have become more level-headed and down-to-earth over the years, or maybe she's just more savvy in how she presents herself.

And I kill plants.

JULIA ROBERTS: 'DEPP IS MY TWIN'

Posted Image

Hollywood actress JULIA ROBERTS is desperate to work alongside JOHNNY DEPP in a movie - because she thinks they look alike. The Pretty Woman star believes she and Depp have a great chance of landing a brother and sister role because of their stark facial similarities. She says, "I would like to work with Johnny Depp. I've known him for a long time. I think he's so interesting, and I think we look alike in a funny way. "Johnny Depp and I will play brother or sister or something."

Edited by QTPIE

Julia Roberts gives the world a glimpse of her 5-month-old son Henry Daniel Moder when the actress appears on The Oprah Winfrey Show next week.

"There's been a lot of curiosity. There's not been a picture of him. I thought I would just show everybody," Roberts, 40, tells Winfrey on Monday's show as she turns over a snapshot.

Roberts appears on the show with Tom Hanks, her costar in the upcoming "Charlie Wilson's War.

JULIA ROBERTS: 'DEPP IS MY TWIN'

Posted Image

Hollywood actress JULIA ROBERTS is desperate to work alongside JOHNNY DEPP in a movie - because she thinks they look alike. The Pretty Woman star believes she and Depp have a great chance of landing a brother and sister role because of their stark facial similarities. She says, "I would like to work with Johnny Depp. I've known him for a long time. I think he's so interesting, and I think we look alike in a funny way. "Johnny Depp and I will play brother or sister or something."

Is she blind as well as stupid ? :blink:

Maybe she thinks he looks somewhat like her actual brother, Eric, or like some of the other men in her family?

Edited by golden*girl

Maybe she thinks he looks somewhat like her actual brother, Eric, or like some of the other men in her family?

Nope. Julia thinks she looks pretty... like Johnny. ;)

Julia is a Bad Girl!

Posted Image

I sound like I’m joking, but you can be the final judge: Julia Roberts and her husband Danny Moder were photographed getting into their Mercedes SUV that was parked in a handicapped zone. Uh-oh! Perhaps the stuff that they picked up from the local Malibu shop was urgent. Judging from their expressions, though. . . not really.

Julia Roberts Would've Made A Better Mariane Pearl

Dlisted

This is some funny shit right here. Star Magazine claims Julia Roberts recently held a viewing party at her home of the Angelina Jolie movie "A Mighty Heart." Julia apparently told friends that she wasn't impressed with Angie's portrayal of Mariane Pearl.

A source said Julia told everyone, "I would rarely say this, but I think I could have done a better job with this film." She's right. She could've done a better job at ruining it even more.

Julia's husband, Danny Moder, worked with Angie on "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" and came home with gossip about Angie flirting with Brad Pitt. This apparently didn't sit well with Julia, because she's such a f-g moral saint.

"Danny told her it was obvious that Angelina was making a play for Brad. People on the set called her the Spider-Woman because she was spinning a web for Brad. Julia said Angelina had no shame. She’s made it pretty clear that she doesn’t hold Angie in high regard."

I'm sure they called her the spider-woman, because of her spider veins!

Roberts Confronts Paparazzo

Actress Julia Roberts lost her temper with a paparazzo recently when she ordered him to stop attempting to take pictures of her young children.

The mother-of-three was driving her 2-year-old twins Hazel and Phinnaeus in Los Angeles on Wednesday, when she decided to confront an overzealous snapper, reports TMZ.com (Video).

Taking a tip from her "Ocean's Eleven" co-star George Clooney, Roberts honked the horn of her Mercedes-Benz sports utility vehicle and forced the photographer to pull over before storming over to scold the shocked paparazzo.

An enraged Roberts told the cameraman, "Listen, you can turn your video camera off. You're at a school where children go. Turn it off."

Earlier this month, a videotape of Clooney angrily confronting two photographers for driving dangerously surfaced online

So, what movie will she start to promote. I didn't know there was one.

If she really wanted to keep the photogs away from her kids at a school "where children go," she should have let the administrators know that there was a man out there taking pictures. He might just be a paparazzo following her, but did they want to take that chance that he might be there for other reasons. You never know.

:rolleyes: I think she was chasing them to take a photo of her.

LMAO, picturing Julia chasing after them yelling, "Wait it's me, Julia! Don't you recognize me?! I know I don't have makeup on, but COME ON!!! Take my picture, please!!" :lol:

Socialite Joanne Herring wins 'War'

Wednesday, December 12th 2007, 4:00 AM

Former Texas Congressman Charlie Wilson and his ex-fiancee, Joanne Herring, won a second victory at Monday's L.A. premiere of "Charlie Wilson's War."

The ex-lovers - who supplied the mujahedeen with the guns they needed to chase the Russians out of Afghanistan - succeeded in detonating parts of the script that suggested Wilson and Herring had also seeded the events of 9/11.

Herring, played by Julia Roberts in the Mike Nichols film, tells us she "practically choked" when she read Aaron Sorkin's original screenplay. The movie ended with a shot of the Pentagon in flames, implying that Herring and Wilson (played by Tom Hanks) had abetted Osama Bin Laden and his Al Qaeda crew.

"Can you ever predict a war?" she argues. "The shelf life of a Stinger missile is five years. There's no weapon we got them that can be used today."

Herring also didn't cotton to the way Sorkin had Roberts swearing, spouting evangelical screeds and engaging in martini-fueled romps with Hanks.

"I didn't like the cursing, the drinking, the blatant sex," says the 78-year-old thrice-married Houston socialite, philanthropist and former talk show host. "They turned me into a kooky, hypocritical tart."

After sharing the script with Wilson, she says, "We wept and wailed and gnashed our teeth." Then they brought in some legal muscle - Dick DeGuerin, the Houston attorney who represented Robert Durst, the deranged New York real estate heir who, as Herring notes, "killed his neighbor and chopped him in pieces. Dick got him off."

DeGuerin got the attention of Universal and the producers, who flew Wilson and Herring to meet the stars in Morocco, which was doubling as Afghanistan.

"Tom Hanks said to me, 'I've been in love with you for six months, give me a kiss!' I was delighted to. And Julia Roberts was so lovely.

"They still wouldn't let me on the set," she adds. "I said, 'What do you think I'm going to do - roll on the floor and foam at the mouth?'"

Assured that the script would be changed, Herring flew to the L.A. premiere with Houston pals, who included former Secretary of State James Baker. To everyone's great relief, she and Wilson liked what they saw on the screen.

Herring admitted that, just like in the movie, she wore slinky dresses to meet men in power.

"That's the only way anyone would listen to me," she laughs. "I'm a Christian, but even Christ liked to have a good time."

Oscar winner JULIA ROBERTS has emerged from a "pop culture fest" sickened by what Americans read and watch on TV. The actress spent the summer reading gossip magazines and watching trash culture TV shows in an effort to understand why Americans are so obsessed with celebrities - and it gave her a headache and left her exhausted. She says, "I've actually gone on a pop culture fest. The TV shows and gossip magazines - it seems so polluting and toxic now. It's exhausting just looking at a newsstand these days. Your eyes cross. You can't even focus. "People aren't as interested in making a cool movie or constructing interesting characters. Now it's just about being big and shiny and fabulous."

contactmusic.com