princess

Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts Loves Oprah, Tom Hanks

Pop Tarts was present at Universal Studios last Monday as yummy mummy Julia Roberts caused rumblings on the red carpet at the premiere of her latest flick “Charlie Wilson’s War” in one fine figure-hugging black mini.

And with the Barack Obama benefit buzzing just next door, Juls just wanted to talk about her best buddy Oprah rather than Election 2008.

“Trust me, you’ll get a much better answer if we don’t talk about politics,” Roberts said with a laugh.

But what about Oprah and the "O" factor?

“I still believe in the power of the people, even though they’ve let us down before,” Roberts responded. “I’m believing in the power of the people and having Oprah on your side — she is an amazing woman.”

Julia also gushed to Pop Tarts about her co-star Tom Hanks.

“Working with Tom was good, so so good,” she said. "It was fantastic — I’m just looking at him across the way — he’s so so dreamy and sweet and honest and good and just, I just adore him, I really do.”

But before you get the wrong idea of any off-set “action," wife Rita Wilson was close by supporting her Academy Award-winning hubby. And Hanks also wanted to opine about Oprah.

“I don’t think celebrities matter a whit, quite frankly,” Tom told Tarts while talking about the impact celebrities have on elections. “But Oprah might — because she’s Oprah.”

But back to Julia, Pop Tarts was pleasantly surprised about how sweet the starlet was (despite rampant rumors that Roberts isn’t media-friendly). She even gave the paparazzi a wave while dining with hubby Danny Moder in a Venice café on Tuesday.

“She was really lovely,” an onlooker told Tarts. “Well-mannered and well-spoken.”

foxnews.com

Julia Roberts Braves The NYC Chill

Posted Image

Julia Roberts looked frozen, as she was spotted all wrapped during a morning stroll in Manhattan yesterday. The actress, recently famed for her role in Charlie Wilson’s war, often splits her down time between her ranch in Taos, New Mexico and a home in New York City. In a cosy pair of ugg boots, Ray Ban Aviators and a green parka jacket the star was minus her hubby and 3 children. She exchanged some words with the photographers before they moved on.

Pointless fact of the day: Julia apparently lies on her back to have her make-up applied before going onto a film set. She insists it gives her a relaxed look.

Julia Roberts Is the Best-Dressed Oscar Winner Ever

Posted Image

An online poll named Julia Roberts as the Best-Dressed Oscar winner for the dress she was wearing when she went on stage to accept her trophy for her part in "Erin Brockovich." This black and white Valentino gown helped Julia edge out Halle Berry, whose beaded dress by Badgley Mishka followed close behind Julia in the poll held by Parade.com. Both actresses won an Oscar that year, but it looks like Julia was able to squeak by in the poll as having the better dress with 25% of the votes to Halle's 24%.

But the fashionable actress is keeping it casual in this series of pictures here, which show the Oscar winner leaving the John Frieda salon with a new do from her favorite hairstylist Serge Normant. Even though it's a bit of a plain ensemble, I rather like it. I love her glasses, and the coat is a nice color--plus her hair looks good. OK, I'm probably only attracted to this look as a direct result of my affection for Liz Lemon and all things Tina Fey.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Julia Roberts and Clive Owen Get Duplicitous

Posted Image Posted Image

Julia Roberts cuts a slick silhouette here on the set of her new film with Clive Owen, "Duplicity." The actress got her hair done just in time for shooting to start alongside her sexy co-star. Seriously, I can't get enough of Clive Owen. I don't know why anyone would want to.

This purse is kicking some serious ass. If I were walking around in rags, with a greasy pony-tail and Amy Winehouse's skin disease and that purse on my arm, I think that people would still stop me on the street and say, "Damn, girl, you look good." Such is the power of a good accessory.

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Tidbits: Julia Roberts on the outs with an in-law

MSNBC

The ongoing struggles of one in-law are just too much for Julia Roberts to handle. According to the National Enquirer, the actress is fed up with her husband Danny Moder’s booze-battling sister and her latest cry for help.

When Julia heard news that a fire broke out her sister-in-law’s home, she urged her husband not to reach out to his sibling, claims one family insider. His sister Jyl’s problems “continually chip away at (Julia and Danny’s) marriage.” An insider insists, “Some of their biggest fights have been over Jyl.”

Jyl’s past includes multiple rehab stints and three DUI busts, reports the Enquirer. It’s believed she was intoxicated at the time of the latest incident “and accidentally knocked over some candles — lighting a rug on fire.”

“Instead of letting Danny rush to his sister’s side, Julia put her foot down and insisted his place was with her and the kids.” Julia’s even delaying the Moder family’s efforts for an intervention, according to the source. “Julia’s making a bad situation even worse. She wants to handle the situation personally — but not until she’s done filming (her latest flick, ‘Duplicity’).”

Apparently the bad blood’s brewed between Julia and Jyl for a long time. “(Jyl’s) always thought Julia stole Danny away from his first wife, Vera, and even once called her ‘the devil’ at a family wedding.”

I'm no Julia fan--I swear she always has acted with her teeth--but having an alcoholic sister-in-law would be a tough, maybe even no-win situation to deal with. I can squeeze out a tiny amount of sympathy ... here it goes ... ploopf.

Isn't she on the outs with pretty much all of her in-laws and most of her own family? Dealing with an alcoholic relative is very difficult but I'm not sure alcoholism is the major problem here.

Total devotion 24/7, regardless of her behavior or anything going on in his family. That's what Danny Moder signed on for and by god, she'll hold him to it. And there will be NO family interventions until SHE is free to control it participate.

I can't stand Julia Roberts on so many levels. I hope her career is dead.

Isn't she on the outs with pretty much all of her in-laws and most of her own family? Dealing with an alcoholic relative is very difficult but I'm not sure alcoholism is the major problem here.

Total devotion 24/7, regardless of her behavior or anything going on in his family. That's what Danny Moder signed on for and by god, she'll hold him to it. And there will be NO family interventions until SHE is free to control it participate.

I saw her two years ago on Broadway in "Two Days of Rain." Woefully miscast (and in a role that Patricia Clarkson was so luminous in ten years before at the Manhattan Theatre Club). She had the personality and sparkle of a washed-up turnip. And she looks like a horse and has a neighing laugh.

Gag.

Hedda, love of my life, could you elaborate on why you hate Mrs. Moder? I'm interested in the stories you may have that may/may not be well-known.

I saw her two years ago on Broadway in "Two Days of Rain." Woefully miscast (and in a role that Patricia Clarkson was so luminous in ten years before at the Manhattan Theatre Club). She had the personality and sparkle of a washed-up turnip. And she looks like a horse and has a neighing laugh.

Gag.

I missed it! :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry: :(

Once I heard how appallingly bad she was, I was dying to go but it was a short run and I couldn't work it out. :angry:

Crack, I'm soooooooo jealous of you! Not only did you see the Roberts trainwreck but I'd have given my eyeteeth to see that earlier production. Patricia Clarkson is such a wonderful actress and her reviews were over the moon.

*sigh* I want to quit my life and become the ghost of Robert Benchley.

Gag.

I missed it! :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry: :(

Once I heard how appallingly bad she was, I was dying to go but it was a short run and I couldn't work it out. :angry:

Crack, I'm soooooooo jealous of you! Not only did you see the Roberts trainwreck but I'd have given my eyeteeth to see that earlier production. Patricia Clarkson is such a wonderful actress and her reviews were over the moon.

*sigh* I want to quit my life and become the ghost of Robert Benchley.

The problem with the Roberts show is that it's two hours I will never get back...

Seriously, she wasn't even BAD in a fun, campy way. She was just bad in a dull as dirt, colorless way.

CALM DOWN, SISTER IT'S NO BIG DEAL

THREE weeks ago I reported Julia Roberts' sister-in-law Jyl had a fire in her apartment in Malibu and "As firemen streamed in, she screamed out: 'Don't let the paparazzi in. I'm the sister of Julia Roberts' husband. My brother is married to Julia Roberts.' " I added: "Julia sometimes thinks husband Danny's family is dysfunctional. Jyl has occasionally had a drink and occasionally had yelling matches. Occasionally."

Wednesday an angry voice, identifying itself as Jyl Moder, telephoned. Told I was elsewhere but would return her call, she shouted, "Tell her to [and then described what I could do to myself]" and slammed the receiver down.

Hey, Jyl, hon, if I was wrong on what I'd had reason to believe was an authentic item . . . If and you wanted it set right, fine. But this ain't no classy way for so refined a lady as yourself, Julia Roberts' sister-in-law, to act.

Another three weeks and I'll probably hear from her again.

Fragrant Roberts Not A Fan Of Deodorants

JULIA ROBERTS has a body hygiene secret - she never uses deodorant.

The fragrant Oscar winner admits she has never been a fan of sprays and roll-ons and prefers to use nothing but soap and water to stay clean and fresh.

She says, "I don’t like to share that with a large number of people, but it’s just never been my thing."

But she always makes sure she smells good: "Sometimes, midday at work, I freshen up."

Source: pr-inside

With the goofy grin and the kid pushing the heck out of her boob, looks like a very normal family to me....Though if Mommy is wearing a sun hat, little Henry should too....Of course, I have no idea if he just flung his to the ground seconds before this shot was taken....

wouldn't the above make a great avatar.

Yes. She looks oddly like Frances McDormand in that pic. :blink:

ETA: No offence to Frances, an actress who has more talent in her little pinky finger than Roberts has in her whole body.

Edited by hedda_louella

Posted Image

SPEED RACERS

Julia Roberts and husband Danny Moder enjoy life in the fast lane Thursday as they speed through the streets of Rome on their Vespa. Also living la dolce vita in Italy: the actress's Duplicity costar Clive Owen, who's been vacationing with his family.

Posted Image

* On how people should deal with a broken heart: "You have to shed the tears; you have to purge it and have the full commitment to the fact that you're hurt."

* On working with her husband: "There's a great combination of nerves and comfort that I get with him, the one who's looking at me through the camera."

* On family: The coolest thing you can do for your children is to love each other in their presence. I'm the luckiest girl in town, I really am."

* On her kids: "Danny and I talk about, 'What did we do with all the time we must have had?' Because you don't recognize it as such, until you have all these little . . . time thieves running around your house."

She is a joke...her husband was married when they began their affair and she went around wearing that stupid "A low Vera" shirt as though she was the injured party.

Can't stand the woman and I wouldn't cross the street to see her in anything.

I will take a few minutes of my time here though to bash her sorry ass.