princess

Julia Roberts

Julia Roberts Plans Broadway Return

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julia Roberts has revealed that she is thinking about making a return to Broadway.

The Erin Brockovitch star acted in a limited three-month run of Three Days Of Rain in 2006 and told Allure that she is considering a theatrical comeback.

Roberts said: "I would like to do it one more time, understanding the shape of the beast better now."

She added that she has learned from past experience and would "maybe not pick the hardest play I can find".

The actress recently criticised paparazzi photographers who take snaps of children and internet users who comment on the images.

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Julia Roberts 'Loves' Clive Owen

Julia Roberts loves" Clive Owen.The 'Pretty Woman' actress has so much "chemistry" with the British actor she came out of retirement to star alongside him in upcoming spy film 'Duplicity'.

She said: "I love Clive and we have chemistry because we have a similar spirit and energy. We had to be all serious and sexy but after the director said 'Cut' we would just be laughing."

Although the 41-year-old actress enjoyed being back on set, she prefers to be at home with her husband Danny Moder and their three children, four-year-old twins Hazel and Phinn and 18-month-old Henry.

She even snubbed the Oscars because she wanted to be with Danny.

She said: "My husband had been away and just returned home so I felt it best to stay home and be with my family. That was my priority so we watched the show on television.

"Of course life has changed and I work less, but I was never one to work too much. I never did years of movie -after-movie-after-movie but when you've got three toddlers in the house you're performing all day long, anyway, with puppet shows and stories - I act around the clock."

But even though Julia loves being a mother, she admits it's not always easy.

She added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "My life at home gives me absolute joy. But there are some days when as soon as you've finished cooking breakfast and cleaning the kitchen it's time to start lunch and by the time you've done that you're doing dinner and thinking there has to be a menu we can order from.

"But some days are so much fun and my kids will help me and it's just a part of your day. Some days it's super-fun and some days it's a chore."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

All the gushing over her leading men...Denzel...Clooney....now Clive...kind of nauseating. Wonder if they did it?

Edited by chameleon

All the gushing over her leading men...Denzel...Clooney....now Clive...kind of nauseating. Wonder if they did it?

I'm guessing Yes, yes and yes. But who could blame her?! :drool:

Edited by k80cat

I think I'd rather have her gush over her leading men than be a bitch about working with them (or, a bitch *while* working with them). I think gushing is just the Hollywood version of being professional and praising your co-workers.....

[yeah, yeah--I admit, I'm a Julia Roberts fan....Even if I can't remember the last movies of hers I saw....]

Wasn't there a BI suspected to be her--something about flying in a leading man to "audition" or something and he turned down the role but they had lots of sex??

Wasn't there a BI suspected to be her--something about flying in a leading man to "audition" or something and he turned down the role but they had lots of sex??

I remember this! But I don't think we figured out who the actor was - because according to the BI, the movie deal fell through and they ended up NOT co-starring together.

Julia Roberts Forced to Watch Kids' Films

Julia Roberts is fed up with watching children's movies.

The actress - who can soon be seen starring alongside British actor Clive Owen in the new spy thriller Duplicity - says twins Hazel and Phinnaeus, 4, and son Henry prevent her from watching her beloved foreign films.

She dishes, "We just watched Horton Hears a Who.

"And I'm generally asleep by 8.20pm. Sub-titles don't enter my life the way they once did, I'm afraid to say, but there's hope in later years."

Roberts, 41, recently revealed she wants to take on some "nastier" roles.

She said, "Lots of people say that my character in My Best Friend's Wedding is not necessarily likable but I don't know about nasty.

"In the right circumstance, nasty would probably be interesting but I don't get offered a lot of nasty things. I think I would do it if it appealed to me."

Source showbizspy.com

Julia Roberts Message Delay Anger

Julia Roberts "freaked out" after news her mother had had a major operation didn't reach her for two days.

The 41-year-old actress was filming in India when she learned her mother Betty, 75, who suffered a heart attack last month, had been admitted to an Atlanta hospital for an angioplasty procedure - which clears blocked arteries - earlier in the week.

A source said: "Julia was relieved to hear that her mother had undergone surgery and was recovering. But when she found out it took a day and a half for her family to get through her intense security, she absolutely exploded...Initially, Julia freaked out and began crying."

The blunder was blamed on the country's poor phone coverage, but Julia - who is working on new movie 'Eat, Pray, Love' in the country - reportedly insisted more should have been done to get the message to her.

A source added to National Enquirer magazine: "Ultimately, she grew enraged when she found out how long it took her to get the news...Julia railed at the movie crew, 'When your own family can't get through to you, that's too much security! My mum could have been dead, and I might have been the last one in the world to know about it.'

"Julia said she'd rather have no security at all than go through an episode like that again... She only calmed down when she talked to her mother herself, and was sure that she was out of the woods."

It has previously been reported Julia hired 350 security guards to look after her while in India.

Source contactmusic

Well, the phone coverage is not that bad in India and I am sure someone on set has a working global cell phone.

I wonder if she has a personal phone - you'd like to think so. Perhaps and idea to give the number to her family so that they don't have to go through security to speak to her.

Julia Roberts ‘Gets Drunk at Fundraiser’

JULIA Roberts puts the ‘fun’ in fundraiser!

The actress apparently knocked back the booze at LAByrinth Theater’s Celebrity Charades fund-raiser, sponsored by Entertainment Weekly.

“She was drinking vodka and tonic beforehand, and was pretty tipsy by the time the event started,” a source told the New York Post newspaper. “None of her teammates could decipher any of her clues. She told the crowd that anyone who bid would get a kiss from her, which was OK because her husband [Danny Moder] was in the first row and the kids were at home.

“At one point, Sam Rockwell tried to carry her offstage, as he jokingly asked for ‘three bottles of water for Ms. Roberts.’

“At another point, she tried to divert the attention of Kristen Wiig, who was on the opposing team, by sneaking up behind her.

“She was pretty great. She tried to get her team to guess ‘In the Heat of the Night’ by rolling on the stage floor and pretending to make out with herself.”

Source showbizspy.com

Julia Roberts To Face Lancôme?

Julia Roberts is the “global ambassadress” for Lancôme, reports WWD.

“By her remarkable personality and career, Julia Roberts is an emblematic woman of her time,” said Youcef Nabi, president of Lancôme International. “Her exceptional talent, her radiance and her strong commitments perfectly echo Lancôme’s values. We are convinced she will embody the brand in the most sublime way possible.”

Lancôme executives declined to give further details on the relationship between Roberts and the brand.

Roberts has long been a devotee of Arcona skincare and their signature facials. Interesting to see if the Arcona regime is replaced by the brand that PETA activists claim tests heavily on animals. Arcona's products were introduce to me by Local 706 makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir, who shared that their skincare line was used on luminaries such as Scarlett Johansson and Cate Blanchett.

Roberts is in post-production on two films — “Eat, Pray, Love,” based on the bestselling memoir by Elizabeth Gilbert, and “Valentine’s Day,” directed by Garry Marshall, who also directed her in “Pretty Woman."

Source monstersandcritics.com

that bit about them not reaching her by phone is crazy...especially with having small children you would think her family could reach her through her cell.

Roberts 'Thrilled To Be Beauty Icon At 42'

Julia Roberts has revealed that she is astonished that she is still being asked to represent cosmetic beauty companies at the age of 42.

The Oscar-winning actress and mother of three, who was recently announced as spokeswoman for Lancôme Cosmetics, will be making her debut as the beauty giant's global ambassador at Paris Fashion Week.

Roberts has insisted that she's thrilled and flattered to still be considered a beauty icon.

Speaking to Women's Wear Daily, she said: "It’s kind of like every girl’s dream, really. To be 42, have three kids, and be a working mom, it’s a great moment to be asked to do this and to be able to do it. I think it says a lot about Lancôme and what they stand for."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

For Valentine’s Day, Julia Roberts Was Paid $500,000 a Minute ... All Six of Them

By now, it's too late for our male readers: Your wife or girlfriend has already seen Those Billboards — the ones blaring the tagline, "From the Director of PRETTY WOMAN comes a day in the life of love," with the Pretty Woman herself, Julia Roberts, nestled in the right atrium of a giant heart — and you have been quietly but firmly informed that "Oh-yes-you-will" be sitting through Valentine's Day. Vulture would like to give you an out by providing the news that Roberts is only in this giant ensemble piece for roughly six minutes. Surely that will stop the inexorable race to Moviefone, right? But who are we kidding: We — and Hollywood — know that such reality checks will not be nearly enough to keep rom-com-philes away.

New Line Cinema paid Roberts $3 million up front against 3 percent of the gross for what is little more than an extended cameo. That comes out to an astonishing $8,333 per second of screen time, or roughly $500,000 a minute. Verbally, it's a minimum of $11,952 per spoken word. Yet even that may turn out to be a bargain, considering the Pretty Woman imprimatur: That movie is practically a religious icon to any female who's ever wept love-lorn into a pint of Ben & Jerry's while wearing sweatpants, cursing men, and pantomiming other stereotypically estrogen-saturated chestnuts gleaned from years of watching movies much like Valentine's Day. Eleven years ago, when Roberts and Marshall reteamed for Runaway Bride (albeit with Richard Gere, too), it grossed $309 million worldwide.

Insiders tell us that Roberts agreed to appear in the film as a favor to Marshall, who'd made her a star. After Roberts jumped in, casting the rest of the film was much easier, and Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Garner, Ashton Kutcher, Taylors Lautner and Swift, McSteamy and McDreamy et al signed on quickly. However, with the exception of Jamie Foxx (who we hear is a gross participant along with Marshall and Roberts), her co-stars were paid their usual quote, pro-rated to however many days they filmed. Since most, like Roberts, only worked three days or so, it seemed a fair and painless commitment, and New Line was able to make the film with a cavalcade of celebs for only $50 million. Now get going.

Read more: For Valentine’s Day, Julia Roberts Was Paid $500,000 a Minute ... All Six of Them -- Vulture http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/...l#ixzz0fLIzRbRa

Julia Roberts stuns yogurt shop customers

Julia Roberts caused quite a stir at the self-service Yogurt Stop in West Hollywood on Sunday afternoon. When she walked in alone, witnesses said, everyone was awestruck, silently gaping as she selected the mango flavor. "The second she left, a man burst into tears and then bought mango just like Julia had," said a source. "Then he fished her napkin out of the trash." No doubt he'll sell it on eBay, if he can bring himself to part with it.